Displaying Psr Tier In Your Forum Information.

78 replies to this topic

#61 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

I want to get to tier 1, just so i can tumble all the way down to tier 5 by playing my locusts and commandos :D

BTW: tier sistem nominal!

#62 Oddmund

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostMahKraah, on 05 October 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

a pilot-skill tier system and the all deciding factor is NOT YOUR performance but the one of the team.
a joke

3 kills 6 asissts 400+ dammage best player in team and it still was a = because the rest of the team was weak and 2x disconnects , a loss...
so i performed well but i got no boost to my skill tier because we lost due to factors out of my influence.

in all average matches you raise when winning and if your team lose you will drop while having exactly the same performance.

as long as the team win is so overweighted this system is everything but a pilot skill tier system, its meaningless.

i went up in psr after a very close lose.

#63 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

I think I spend way too much time obsessively grinding new mechs and changing my loadout...

#64 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 28 September 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

Any 5's up yet? :ph34r:

New forum rule - if your tier is not displayed you are automatically tier 5. :ph34r:

Nope, I won't show mine because they did not give me a Tier 6 option.
C'mon, PGI, I want to display a proud Tier 6 logo!

Posted Image

You can even put it in game.

Posted Image

#65 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostMahKraah, on 05 October 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

a pilot-skill tier system and the all deciding factor is NOT YOUR performance but the one of the team.
a joke

3 kills 6 asissts 400+ dammage best player in team and it still was a = because the rest of the team was weak and 2x disconnects , a loss...
so i performed well but i got no boost to my skill tier because we lost due to factors out of my influence.

in all average matches you raise when winning and if your team lose you will drop while having exactly the same performance.

as long as the team win is so overweighted this system is everything but a pilot skill tier system, its meaningless.
I agree with you 100%... I can't see why this is only team-based, rather than having one-third of the score be team-based, and the rest be pilot-centric.

EDIT: Oh, and I didn't know Paul Inouyie was also a Tier 4... I don't feel so bad, now... would love to fight either with or against him and another team.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 04 April 2016 - 03:06 PM.

#66 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 05 October 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

Hehe :P

#67 Sagorcrow

Rookie

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:25 PM

hi,

i think it must be secured, that nobody takes advantage of psr level. currently it is not. leaders can lead to death to their benefit, they will rise, loyalists will fall. so. make sure, individual contribution to a single player, with no network must be rewarded, same level, as networking groups, giving all rewards to their leaders. just not correct. will encourage dictators and bad guys.

#68 Rinkata Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 315 posts
  • LocationSoviet Clans

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:11 PM

MOST WANTED FEATURE!
Please, add unit tags to friend list!

Edited by Rinkata Kimiku, 17 February 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#69 Axex

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationInterned on Yorii

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:34 AM

Testing

#70 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

just remove this wannabe PSR and go back to ELO again or whatever we had before.
this PSR made so many things worse that its considered to be a big joke amongst alot of ppl and you know it.

just like many things in the past year that made things worse. like map voting. yay for not seein some maps at all while some get played til you are sick of actual log in because its always the same ol same ol map voting.

#71 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:11 AM

Not sure who's AC/10 you have to blow to get Tier 1..... Posted Image

For the guys that are sitting there; do you mostly play CW, or do you just mostly play with a team/friends? I play solo most of the time in Quick-Play, so it seems to be like chasing a unicorn....Posted Image

#72 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:49 AM

View PostStrattus, on 14 December 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

For the guys that are sitting there; do you mostly play CW, or do you just mostly play with a team/friends? I play solo most of the time in Quick-Play, so it seems to be like chasing a unicorn....Posted Image

I did it the hard way. Almost all PUGing in Quick Play.

I found Tier 1 is no different to Tier 2, where I started.

View Posto0cipher0o, on 05 October 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

I want to get to tier 1, just so i can tumble all the way down to tier 5 by playing my locusts and commandos :D

Locusts are OP. You won't get out of Tier 1 playing those.

#73 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

Mostly CW (does it even count towards PSR? Pretty sure it did not count for the better end of psr).
Other then that playing QP for events or if the FP query is dead.
Often drunk with stupid loadouts, still got maxed out t1.
t1, t2 and t3 is the same playerpool, virtually no difference.

#74 Viral Matrix

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:41 PM

Im tier 2 also. About 20% of the way in. The way to make the grind faster is to always score at the top of your team, win or lose. That way you wont be constantly chipping away at your rating. Going even is the worst result you want. Losing, and being toward the bottom of your team is just making the grind enormous. You can still make it to T1 without scoring highly very often, it just takes longer, much longer.

Im not sure what the cuttoffs are, but once i started playing decently again after a long time away from MWO, i burned through T3 and im moving pretty fast through T2. Before that, it hardly moved at all. Its a grind that everyone will eventually make it through, but if you score well its faster.

#75 Dan54

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:49 PM

well this new psr will kill the game as most players pug and with the match maker and new psr you cannot get a game in pug that lets you keep your psr level you go down when you lose and you go sown when you win as the match maker puts you with newbees and you cannot get a high enough score to stay current. I have heard many players complaining about this and they are getting frustrated with the system

#76 L U C A MCMLXXVI

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:00 PM

nice....thk

#77 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:41 PM

View PostDan54, on 10 July 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

well this new psr will kill the game as most players pug and with the match maker and new psr you cannot get a game in pug that lets you keep your psr level you go down when you lose and you go sown when you win as the match maker puts you with newbees and you cannot get a high enough score to stay current. I have heard many players complaining about this and they are getting frustrated with the system

You are going down in Tier as there is no longer a free ride into Tier 1. In the old system players could get to tier one by playing lots of matches as it was an upwards biased system, this caused there to be a huge skill gap between the players in the upper tiers which the matchmaker then tried to use to give us balanced matches, it failed & both the low & high skilled players were being put into matches together causing horrendous match quality.
The new system aims to address this by ranking people by their actual skill level & not from time played.
I can see from Jarls list that you average around 170 match score, this would put you(very roughly) in Tier 4.
The changes should work & in my opinion are working, it will take approximately 100 matches for you to settle into your place in the new system but do not expect to be going back to Tier 1 again unless you are going to put the work & time in to be at 350+ matchscore consistently.

#78 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:34 AM

^Yup.
You'll only fall until you get to the point that you are equal psr to others. Then you'll bounce around equal or small movements up or down.
You can go down on the winning team, and you can go up on the losing team... your performance is compared against your OWN team mates. You'll vibrate around that psr until you are performing CONSISTENTLY better than your team, then you'll start moving back up. If they are all noobs doing no good... you should be scoring higher than them.

Everyone measures 'skill' differently... so you might have a different opinion compared to the calculation. Lots of 'support' doesn't often count as highly as actually doing some damage. Basically, every 'objective' that pops up on screen telling you that you've earned Cbills/XP... is a move in the right direction. Simply capping a base might get a win, but it won't count for much in psr.
Also, tagging lots of enemies with a little damage seems to do more than focusing fire... though focusing fire is often the better way to win.
I tend to fall as I level up mechs, or play with ones I LIKE, but aren't actually big hitters... then go up as I play with the solid performers that are maxed out skills and tweaked load outs.

Edited by chevy42083, 03 August 2020 - 09:36 AM.

#79 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:55 AM

View PostBiomechtric, on 31 July 2020 - 10:41 PM, said:

You are going down in Tier as there is no longer a free ride into Tier 1. In the old system players could get to tier one by playing lots of matches as it was an upwards biased system, this caused there to be a huge skill gap between the players in the upper tiers which the matchmaker then tried to use to give us balanced matches, it failed & both the low & high skilled players were being put into matches together causing horrendous match quality.
The new system aims to address this by ranking people by their actual skill level & not from time played.
I can see from Jarls list that you average around 170 match score, this would put you(very roughly) in Tier 4.
The changes should work & in my opinion are working, it will take approximately 100 matches for you to settle into your place in the new system but do not expect to be going back to Tier 1 again unless you are going to put the work & time in to be at 350+ matchscore consistently.

View PostBiomechtric, on 31 July 2020 - 10:41 PM, said:

I agree but if you look at my match score it is all over the place. I have season of low scores and season of high scores,
I came back recently and found that for example depending on when I play I can get low match scores of around 170 and high matchs scores of 240s. it mainly depends on whether there is a lowish population or a high population count

So the reality is if you are a good player playing in low population periods would be good because you basically get to play against tier 4 and tier 5 because there isn't enough population to separate you. If you are a lowish tier play when the bulk of players play because that way you get matches against your own skill level

it also means that some people will be in tier 4 when they would not be and some people would be in tier 1 when I suspect they are less good than that tier suggests

That said the PSR is and improvement but the real problem as I said back before I left was that there isn't enough players period and that is down to the fact the game has had little development on it.

I looked at playing MW5 and it is worse than the MW4 and MW3 I could not believe that people would accpet this rubbish. when you could pay the same amount and play Cyberpunk.

PGI needs to up its game, MWLL does a better job considering they are all amateurs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users