1 reply to this topic

#1 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

The Crab has inspired me to post the following:
[color=#959595]I am pretty sure I'm gonna regret buying this. It looks cool but its just gonna go the way of the Dragon, Jenner, and Catapult. So yes, I'm gonna have to say it: Dead On Arrival, R.I.P. Crab: 10/6/2015-10/7/2015. Cause of Death: Obviously forseeably terrible hit-boxes. Remember kids: Geometry is Destiny in this game. Its one thing to make the game a collect-a-thon. I've sunk my expectations to where thats all I expect now and have given up on a fully fleshed out game. But its another thing entirely to keep designing these mechs that will be OBVIOUSLY BAD because you INSIST on giving us mechs with these sorts of designs: too tall, too low slung of arms with weapons on the UNDERSIDE of the arm for some ******* reason, too wide, or a CT that sticks out and can be hit from a 270 degree arc. You guys clearly don't play your own game enough, or listen when people tell you the kinds of TRUTHFUL and ACCURATE things that I just said. I'm not saying it to be a troll or a naysayer, I'm saying it because everyone wins when you listen to the people who have played thousands of matches and know better. It saves PGI on wasting money and time designing DOA mechs, and saves consumers from buying stuff that they can't compete in that will end up collecting dust and rust in the mechbay. The only way this mech will be ok is if from day ONE, PGI arbitrarily quirks the CT to end up with double or even triple its CT armor/structure. And the sad thing is everything I have written here is slap-you-in-the-face obvious from merely glancing at the mech for three seconds. Is there no one at PGI that looks at concept sketches of these things and thinks about them from a practical gameplay perspective? Does no one at PGI ever say: "well thanks for your beutiful work Alex (or whoever), but players can't get along with this, it will melt in four seconds because that CT is obnoxiously easy to hit from all sides". I mean would ya just LOOK at that schnoz? Good grief it might be the MOST EGREGIOUS case yet of Dragon syndrome. That thing sticks out so damn far you'll be bumping into walls 25 meters in front of you. That CT is as long as half the mech is tall.......... [/color]

[color=#959595]In, sum, just stahp it. Seriously. Its so painfully obvious it hurts my soul that this keeps happening.[/color]

#2 DeathWaffle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 102 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:18 PM

It's about taking advantage of original designs

This was in a Catapult K2
Posted Image

Although I would agree on a shoulder cannon 0XP like everyone wanted :P

Edited by DeathWaffle, 01 October 2015 - 11:21 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users