What Else Does Pgi Need Before Steam Release?

67 replies to this topic

#61 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostTarogato, on 06 October 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

> WHAT ELSE DOES PGI NEED BEFORE STEAM RELEASE?

A staff member that actually understands how to balance a game.

100% AND...fix Firestarters and Arctic Cheaters! Does anyone have an issue killing other lights? Not as much but those two are STILL broken. I wanted to punch my screen the other day because an AC stood directly in front of me while i put 1 gause, 2 LPL, 2 MPL point blank for about 100m and it flashes yellow and runs off. Saw him again and full alpha again, flashes yellow. WTF? Why cant they fix certain lights hitboxes/hit reg. I have ZERO problems hitting a Jenner yet AC, Firestarter, and the rarely used Spiders take 1/4 the damage of other lights.

#62 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostDevilsfury, on 06 October 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

100% AND...fix Firestarters and Arctic Cheaters! Does anyone have an issue killing other lights? Not as much but those two are STILL broken. I wanted to punch my screen the other day because an AC stood directly in front of me while i put 1 gause, 2 LPL, 2 MPL point blank for about 100m and it flashes yellow and runs off. Saw him again and full alpha again, flashes yellow. WTF? Why cant they fix certain lights hitboxes/hit reg. I have ZERO problems hitting a Jenner yet AC, Firestarter, and the rarely used Spiders take 1/4 the damage of other lights.

Panthers and Spiders and MLX are all just as invincible. Just nobody complains about them because their armament isn't much of a threat. =P

It's nothing to do with anything being broken, they're just tiny mechs and they're hard to hit. Just when you think you've actually hit them, you haven't, because they're tiny.

Posted Image

Edited by Tarogato, 06 October 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#63 Ex Atlas Overlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:25 PM

Completely reverse and undo the "Faster mechs / More Alpha / More weapons / More COD" that they've been building into the game for 2+ years?

#64 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

View PostZenFool, on 06 October 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

I don't think balancing mechs and weapons is dumbing anything down or handholding... You were the only one who mentioned dumbing anything down.

I don't think making the game stand out vs. other fps shooters is a bad thing. This game will NEVER compete vs. the big name fps, but I do think it could find a healthy niche that allows for more content than a new mech every once in a while if they put more effort into actually fleshing out the game.

You can bash everyone who offers solutions if you'd like, but I don't see how that helps.

You're right, I was the one that mentioned dumbing things down. The current state of things is a result of the fickle player base.

I agree making the game stand out isn't a bad thing. I argue that balancing it to be friendly to new/ non-gamers is NOT going to make it stand out.

In case you haven't noticed, Mechwarrior IS the healthy niche. If you pay attention to the townhalls, they ARE putting effort into fleshing out the game.

If you think I'm bashing you, I'm not.

Edited by Madcap72, 06 October 2015 - 05:47 PM.

#65 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:47 PM

I think the biggest issues are New Player experience, which is being worked on. Balance, being worked on (but Im scared). Lastly, Mech sizes, which has a pretty big effect on balance.

#66 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 06 October 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

They need to have a writer bring in the background (lore) of the Battletech setting into the game. Mechs need a history tab that has a few paragraphs about the mech design. Just like in the old TROs. Factions need to have their own page that talks about the successor state or clan. A short history of the faction, who the leaders are, prominent military units, provinces, and personalities.

Is short players need an in game reason why they are doing any thing in the game.

It's already available, it's called Sarna.com ;)

But, at least not to be successful MWO really doesn't need any of that. MAG sold 1.32 million copies with less fluff by a wide margin. It would be NICE, but not as necessary as fixing all of the known issues.

#67 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:11 PM

View PostMadcap72, on 06 October 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

It's already available, it's called Sarna.com ;)

But, at least not to be successful MWO really doesn't need any of that. MAG sold 1.32 million copies with less fluff by a wide margin. It would be NICE, but not as necessary as fixing all of the known issues.

I dont like the word fluff. Its a new term, a derogatory term used to minimize the importance of game enviroment and atmosphere. There is no such thing as a game with less enviroment and atmosphere off the field than Mechwarrior Online.

I think they will eventually improve up that.

More on topic, they do need to improve game atmosphere to show players they are serious about making this game. Its high quality in alot of areas and lacking severely in others.

The tutorial intro went quite a ways in this direction. The Galaxy map also. Although the planet list on the right side makes using the map and actually looking at it useless.

+1 for Mechwarrior sim.

Betty in the mech bay like Mechwarrior 2 may help a bit. Even a welcome.

The mech store pop up in game couldnt be more lame. The Play NOW button to. Both are nearly middle fingers to people playing a game. At best it shows no respect for the player.

Instead of a welcome and a nice atmosphere to look at players get a pop up? seriously?

Marketing sucks in this game. Make a VR dedicated store in game, players can go to if Mechwarrior online wants to sell stuff and make money. Players would go there for fun instead of a pop up annoying everyone. I think thats what Star Citizen is going to do and it makes sense. Was an idea on these forums first. This should have been in long ago in some form if this game was even trying to make money, even if it was like Mechwarrior 2 areas to start.

Its like someone said, screw making money we are not letting them out of that mech bay under any circumstances. Hmmm.

Edited by Johnny Z, 06 October 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#68 Thejuggla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:33 PM

More game mode/content other than mechs.

More importantly the grind, I've seen new player perspective trying to get friends to play, grind gets bad after cadet which is barley enough to upgrade IS/buy a clan mech after that it's slow unless you invest money. I like the idea other people have said making mech bays cost more but increase income. I think it's a good idea freemiuns can still try different mechs frequently but loose convenience for not buying bays. Game needs to retain players interest even if they don't plan on spending $, grinding forever isn't exactly fun.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users