- - - - -

How To Save Password And Enable Autodetect ?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Zurk

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

How do i get the game to save my password so i dont have to keep typing the password out to sign in (like every other mmo which saves it) ??

also how to i enable autodetection / auto target functionality ?? The screens in the mech keep saying autodetect:no even when i try to keep R pressed. which key to turn on autotarget and make autodetection: yes instead of no ?

tyia.

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

Doesn't exist and doesn't exist.

Sorry, but no way to save passwords and autotarget/autodetect sounds too easy. I'm glad MWO doesn't have those.

Edited by mailin, 09 October 2015 - 02:56 PM.

#3 Zurk

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:52 PM

View Postmailin, on 09 October 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

Doesn't exist and doesn't exist.

seriously ? they dont allow saving of passwords and there is no autodetect functionality ? what are the autodetect : NO signs in the displays for then ?

#4 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:58 PM

just eye candy

#5 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:58 PM

The cockpit screens on 'Mechs aren't implemented yet. Maybe someday they will display something...

And no, there is no way to save the password. You must type it every time.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostZurk, on 09 October 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

What are the autodetect screens?

Placeholder textures. Early on they decided they would keep a number of monitors in each mech to display different aspects of it. Very early game was very simulator-esque. Actuator damage with actual effects (slower leg, causing mech to 'turn' even when going straight requiring pilot correction and damaged arm actuators brought them out of alignment), delayed convergence to simulate the time that weapons had to take to align and hit a target from one range to the next (greatly increased time to kill and felt right; removed due to lag on players in other continents), engine damage, ammo explosions that would gradually surge through the mechs like popcorn, 80% heat or more causing damage to internal components such as melting heatsinks, causing ammo to heat up, even a concept about the pilot getting 'sweat' in his eyes (that one never happened though).

Then after open beta, it was decided that they needed to simplify the game.

The monitors were originally slated to contain more advanced information. Such information isn't necessary, but there is always the chance of it happening. That said, I would personally like a number of my HUD elements on my monitors so I can turn off the dang hud.

Some of the monitors do work, however:
This is the ammunition display in the Hunchback. It works occasionally.
Posted Image
As you can see it's checking my right leg. It then cycles through all the limbs. Below it is checking my center torso.
Posted Image

This is my heatsink display in the Hunchback.
Posted Image

This is the display on-- honestly I don't remember what mech this is. Given the number of heatsinks I believe it's the nicknamed "5 minute Awesome"
Posted Image

On the right is the heatsink display on this Quickdraw.
Posted Image

You can save the login but there is no way to save the password. This is because any money you spend will be "virtual" currency in the game that someone could slip onto your account and accidentally spend. Obviously PGI wouldn't want to deal with claims like that and this gives them an out. Saves a lot of hassle, lets be honest.

My password it something I can type in a rhythm and it's over in about 2 seconds. If the password is complicated or annoying...change it?

(Side note: Displays bug out on the spectator cam. Meh. That said the heatsink display always works. Red heatsinks are destroyed.)

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

Autodetect on the screens is nothing. Like Koniving said, it's just a placeholder texture. Some monitors in real life show that message or similar when you turn them on but don't connect to a computer.

#8 Teut

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:01 PM

Epic Necro - but useful information for someone searching for a ease of life suggestion.

What you could do is create a batch file to copy text to clipboard and then launch the game.

Something like this

echo|set/p=<text_to_copy>|clip
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MWO Portal\MWO Portal.exe"
close

And then create a shortcut to that bat file and change the icon.

Edited by Teut, 05 May 2019 - 03:06 PM.

#9 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:40 AM

Autodetect works tho.
If you lock a mech, let's say alpha, and lose target, it will lock onto the same mech if it is in sensor range.
If you switch target to beta, beta will get autodetected if beta comes in sensor range again and not alpha anymore.

Beside, it takes me 1 1/2 seconds to imput 9 characters and hit enter. I don't think auto-password is needed.

Edited by Bloodwitch, 06 May 2019 - 06:57 AM.

#10 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

View PostBloodwitch, on 06 May 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

Autodetect works tho.
If you lock a mech, let's say alpha, and lose target, it will lock onto the same mech if it is in sensor range.
If you switch target to beta, beta will get autodetected if beta comes in sensor range again and not alpha anymore.

The OP was talking about monitors in the cockpit. They used to have a placeholder texture that said "Autodetect" like real world monitors do when you turn them on or they have no signal. These have since been replaced with animated textures which are equally useless but look better.

#11 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 06 May 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

The OP was talking about monitors in the cockpit. They used to have a placeholder texture that said "Autodetect" like real world monitors do when you turn them on or they have no signal. These have since been replaced with animated textures which are equally useless but look better.

Ah, gotcha. Those which used to show heatsinks and ammo and stuff?

#12 METAL SEPARATOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:53 AM

View PostKoniving, on 09 October 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Placeholder textures. Early on they decided they would keep a number of monitors in each mech to display different aspects of it. Very early game was very simulator-esque. Actuator damage with actual effects (slower leg, causing mech to 'turn' even when going straight requiring pilot correction and damaged arm actuators brought them out of alignment), delayed convergence to simulate the time that weapons had to take to align and hit a target from one range to the next (greatly increased time to kill and felt right; removed due to lag on players in other continents), engine damage, ammo explosions that would gradually surge through the mechs like popcorn, 80% heat or more causing damage to internal components such as melting heatsinks, causing ammo to heat up, even a concept about the pilot getting 'sweat' in his eyes (that one never happened though).

This sounds like the game that I actually would like to play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users