• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 12 October 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

nope

why is it that people can hear if I leave teamspeak on the settings I installed it and people can't hear me ingame when I leave the settings alone as well?

MWO voip is not tied to your teamspeak client or its settings, its a separate entity on its own.

There are in-game settings for boosting your mic output, and boosting the volume of what you hear by other players.

#22 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:31 AM

Man I remembered this dude in a match who sounded like Rocky,it was so funny.I kept asking him to say Aaaaaaaadddddrrriiiann but he would'nt do it :(.

#23 Xoco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

Speaking of which, I do want to know something--can you see in the UI who is speaking? It doesn't seem very obvious to me.

A lot of times I will announce that I am relocating, or ask my lance/the team to do something. But I often forget to identify myself, and I'm guessing the team must be a bit like "wtf--he said he's moving to C3, but who the heck's 'he'?" That kinda thing.

Any good, concise way to identify myself? By my chassis, maybe?

#24 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 12 October 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

MWO voip is not tied to your teamspeak client or its settings, its a separate entity on its own.

There are in-game settings for boosting your mic output, and boosting the volume of what you hear by other players.

I know
But there was no need to fine tune the TS client
And without a way to know how I sound ingame there's no reason to think it would be different ingame

View PostXoco, on 12 October 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

Speaking of which, I do want to know something--can you see in the UI who is speaking? It doesn't seem very obvious to me.

A lot of times I will announce that I am relocating, or ask my lance/the team to do something. But I often forget to identify myself, and I'm guessing the team must be a bit like "wtf--he said he's moving to C3, but who the heck's 'he'?" That kinda thing.

If anyone is interested
They can look at the bottom

It will show the pilots name whose talking

Where the minimap is kinda

#25 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:01 AM

You can see it "sometimes" where he said. I've found a lot of times it doesn't show up or fades while someone is still rambling on and before I can catch an id to mute.

As far as knowing it's different in game - There were tons of threads when it was first released even through the first week or so after it was updated about this, and it is exactly why I'm posting this thread. So people know that they either need to self adjust and check or listen to the players that are telling you your mic is too low and needs to be set up in MWo so it's functional.

And like was stated - Why would you NOT at the very least do a mic check to make sure people can hear you? If you want to coordinate and no one can hear or understand it there's very little point to even having your mic plugged in because you are just talking to your computer screen.

#26 Rip von Graze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationPirate Point above Terra

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostXoco, on 12 October 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

You can see who is talking at the bottom of the screen, their name will pop up as they talk. That said, it does not help you identify where they are since you don't really see your allies names nor their locations forcing you to use the battle map to look them up. I am guilty of failing to note my location for my allies, but I am also just trying to use VOIP more so it will take time for me to pick up on my failures and fix them. More than a few people are probably like me just testing the waters of voice chat and failing to use it properly.

At the start I usually try to say something "Hi folks" or whatever, so far no one has mentioned my volume. Its incredibly more rare to have anyone even speak after I do. The games where people talk are usually my more interesting matches, succeed or fail, its fun.

#27 topgun505

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:11 AM

Help a brother out man.

Odds are the mumbler doesn't even know his mic quality is crap. He might just need to move his mic (if it is not headset based). Or he might just need to adjust some settings (either within MWO or on the mic software/drivers).

But the point is ... he doesn't KNOW he needs to do this unless someone tells him.

#28 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:13 AM

Not everyone has a high quality mic. Im not gonna stop calling out targets, contacts, and UAVs cause u can't hear me. How can anyone that is low volume be a distraction - u can barely hear them? Not everyone has a high quality mic like u do OP. Sorry our hardware doesn't live up to ur standards.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users