77 replies to this topic

#61 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

Good devlog, thanks to the devs for their time.

It did feel a bit like a Town Hall in places ... lots of things going to be done "one day". (I'm still waiting to be able to camo my Ilya Muromets, more than 2 years after I bought it.)

I realise there are only so many hours in the day, however.

#62 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:02 AM

This vlog & thread are seriously full of win.

@Tina

You mentioned vlog #16 was filmed already, when are you going to post it? =D

Edited by TheArisen, 27 October 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#63 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:14 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...de-voting-poll/

#64 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:53 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 13 October 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Coolest sig I've seen on the forums :)

Thx! Worked on it for quite a bit, notice its random bouncing motion. That was completely by accident.

I also have this one! May change it up a bit. Posted Image

I was working on a little project for twitch streaming to have a doom like avatar that changed in relation to my mech health. You remember the doom face right? Then I realized my pc cant stream. Boy I gotta tell you my spirit was broken! I still may try to write up a plugin for obs to do it.

Edited by Omaha, 09 November 2015 - 09:59 PM.

#65 Praslek2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

Some feedback for the developers...

I... like... these vlogs. And I normally hate this kind of thing.

It helps that the woman doing these interviews is absolutely adorable.

These put a human face on the people making this game, which is nice. Also, it's not surrounded by superficial glitz/glam, it's very down to earth. I can't speak for others, but I've been bombarded with enough commercials over my lifetime that I appreciate the straightforwardness.

Also, the artwork for the mechs in this game has been excellent. It's not possible to make everything perfect, but I've consistently been impressed by MWO's mech art.

<As usual, I do not read any responses to comments I post. These are merely for the employee who may/may not read them.>

#66 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 13 October 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

Obligatory "omg Lauren, Tina and/or Jonty are so attractive!"-post.

Also, my thoughts go out to Lauren, who realized that her coffee cup was empty less than 20 seconds into the interview.

Posted Image

Printed... Office poster

+1 to Alistair

#67 Diomeneus

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:48 AM

A recommendation: Allow community creations through the steam workshop for skins. you get to veto the submissions and we can spend money on fancy skins!

#68 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:10 AM

Noooo don't remove the words from the faction skins even if the translations are a bit iffy.... Let us native speakers help you instead.

#69 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostRevener, on 11 December 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Noooo don't remove the words from the faction skins even if the translations are a bit iffy.... Let us native speakers help you instead.

Those words and slogans should not be a fix part of the faction skins at all. For example the Lyran Guards parade sceme consists of blue with a white stripe accross the mechs right side from shoulder to foot. No fix words or slogans at all, so PGI hits the nail with removing those slogans from those parade patterns.

But alas do not worry, I think those slogans might return with the allready teased coming of the decal system. And this will be the right way as those slogans now can be applied individually by the mechs pilots liking. This is the correct way as those marky slogans/words are very personal details on battlemechs like noseart found on many real life Warplanes/Tanks.

Not every B17 was painted with a "Memphis Belle" noseart nor was every Tiger I tank painted with the name "TIKI" on it. Those are personal additions of the vehicle crew and not fix parts of the parade pattern or camo pattern.

Edited by Ryoken, 23 December 2015 - 09:00 AM.

#70 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

As a Technical Illustrator for over 35 years...yeah I am THAT old! I have done my share of texturing for games such as IL2, Freespace 2, etc, and even created master templates for other users to create their own skins.

I also do aviation profiles which can take me many months to do. I would absolutely love to skin some mechs on my own at my own pace and would recommend a separate folder like IL2 had for user skins. It was awesome to fly with other's creations and some were down right more realistic than the game provided examples and helped increase the immersion factor for game play.

As for adding personal slogans, etc, again, IL2 had a feature where you could add them as an overlay on the skin. So it's doable if it's coded in correctly.

Food for thought Posted Image

Edited by Christophe Ivanov, 30 January 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#71 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

Tina is really cute and adorable. All she needs are a pair of glasses.

#72 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:02 AM

Thank you for the information.

The hosts were all very nice.

I do not think anyone has mentioned or noticed but I was intrigued by the "MWO Fighter" arcade machine in the background.

Is that a side project?

Edited by Peter Wolf 359, 31 January 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#73 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

Are any more DevLogs coming, or are we just left out in the cold, again?

#74 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:03 AM

Why even bother? The game is still sub-par, and like I said it is redoing the same thing over and over. At a certain point it isn't even fun to play because it is so repetitive. Waste of money, waste of time.

#75 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many times over the years, due to curiosity, that I did not uninstall this time, I just have it taking up space on my hard drive, and I seem to have zero problem NOT playing the game. PGI could give two shits about the people who originally funded the game, couldn't possibly care less for the BattleTech and MechWarrior veterans of MechWarrior III -the last true BattleTech-style game before MWO- and before and, at this point, are simply trying to keep things moving forward. They have their stalwarts in this game, anyone still hanging around because they enjoy the simple wash-rinse-repeat BS this game continues to shove, instead of trying to make the game better, more structured, they let the present unacceptable simplicity continue. It's too bad they decided to dance right by the opportunities they've had in the past. I guess they don't like the idea of making more money for themselves, ten to one-hundred times more than they've made.

Edited by Threat Doc, 21 July 2017 - 07:19 AM.

#76 HotNoob

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

ouch, so dumbed down, cant believe peeps watch this lol.

canada yo. stop saying everyone is a special snow flake.

#77 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostHotNoob, on 12 August 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

ouch, so dumbed down, cant believe peeps watch this lol.

canada yo. stop saying everyone is a special snow flake.

As a Canadian, from my perspective, it is Americans who do this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users