- - - - -

Joystic/hotas?

5 replies to this topic

#1 IncrediClint

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:07 PM

How much of a disadvantage is it to not use a mouse? In older MW games using a mouse didn't give you a significant advantage as far as turn rates go...

#2 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

It's not so much a joystick/mouse thing as it is a sensitivity thing. I've watched people play with what was clearly a rather sensitive dual-axis joystick, and they...couldn't aim to (literally) save their lives.

If you could get some kind of joystick that let you control the cursor location to the degree of accuracy and response rate that a mouse does...you'd be fine. I'm just not sure they exist.

#3 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:32 PM

I'll second Torezu with any other peripheral MWO doesn't give it enough support to be able to compete with the mouse for the sensitivity and accuracy. You can play with a joystick or a hotas even with an xbox controller but you will find it hard to accurately track targets. Some people make it work better for them but for that reason most prefer Mouse for aiming

#4 T0rmented

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 317 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:00 PM

Q how much of a disadvantage . . . . not use mouse

A it would be like taking a 'special' child, who does not speak your language, and has never seen the game and talking said child through their first match, with your eyes closed

#5 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:06 AM

i play with a thrustmaster t16000m joystick and the hotas from a thrustmaster tflightx (i use a trackball to finer aim w left hand) i can have a 60 point game and have had 4-5 kill <1000 point games.i havent broken 1000 since they added the controller support.the point is to have fun.if you search 'zero order' or the player 'loc nar'. nm, i found this linkhttp://mwomercs.com/...absolute-input/

Edited by Gorantir, 14 October 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#6 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:57 AM

I have the Saitek X52 Pro. It's wonderful in for example Elite: Dangerous, I think giving a clear edge to players using Keyboard and mouse.

In MWO however, it's like playing with your feet. With your feet in boxing gloves. You can learn to play with it, but you can learn to do much better with mouse and keyboard for the same effort.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users