#21 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostJesushupfer, on 25 November 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

The Nova might be a big chunky glass cannon, but i still like it. In my (allmost) Stock Nova-Prime i have an allmost as high damage per match value (>480) as my Warhawk, Hellbringer and Timberwolf. It is by no means a bad mech if you know how to use it properly.

I expect it to be quirked again after the laserrange nerf as its main purpose is beeing a laserboat.

sry but when you pull the same damage in your NVA as in the TBR you seriously do something wrong with your TBR.

Edited by Lily from animove, 25 November 2015 - 04:26 AM.

#22 Jesushupfer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 267 posts
  • Locationn00b Valley

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:46 AM

Maybe its because i dont use metabuilds? My Timby has an average damage per Match of ~530, so its not that much higher. Still i consider those values to be better than just the average players match results.

#23 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:03 AM

View PostJesushupfer, on 25 November 2015 - 04:46 AM, said:

Maybe its because i dont use metabuilds? My Timby has an average damage per Match of ~530, so its not that much higher. Still i consider those values to be better than just the average players match results.

These patches are about balance, comparing a working NVA with a non Meta TBR doing its job "fine" is in no way a proper comparison when talking about "balance" And it does not on a level of "balance" care what the average pilot achives. Because skill is subjective and not part of a proper balance.

#24 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:18 AM

Well... I'm with Jesushupfer on this one Lily, I can do more with a Nova than a Timber Wolf, and I even kill meta EBJs and TBRs in 1 v 1 duels with my build. The timberwolf may be a better mech, but my skills are honed specifically for the Nova chassis and I've got a nasty close range build.

The reason I'm upset about the hitbox change is because it's still a nerf to a chassis the community pretty much agrees is underpowered. I feel as though someone who has mastered a sub-optimal chassis, like myself, should be rewarded by at least being spared from the nerfing block, but then PGI goes and does it on accident, in a misguided attempt to buff the thing.

Oh well, I yelled at Russ on twitter, and after a few people chimed in with me the Nova is getting it's new hitboxes fixed so the side profile is more balanced. It's a December 1st patch item according to Russ.

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 25 November 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#25 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:27 AM

My best Adder does 473 damage on average.. so not really a good indicator of mech quality... (or pilot quality in my case)

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 25 November 2015 - 06:31 AM.

#26 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

I would agree with that.
Some mechs you just find your groove with.

#27 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:00 AM

I haven't noticed much of a change in the Nova, it's still deadly at close range if you're running 12 Smalls. It also makes for an excellent PPC poptart.

Edited by Tabu 73, 04 December 2015 - 12:01 AM.

#28 spectrefang

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:55 PM

I find my Nova's seem to be soaking damage better than before. Small twists spread the damage pretty evenly. I also haven't notice too much of a difference with the laser range reduction on the CERMLs, or the heat changes. In fact the heat change seems to have helped. My bleed off is much faster.

All in all I think the Nova is in a pretty good place, except for being just a tad to tall. Not to mention it is the anti-meta mech. Anyone running an asym meta build will stay far far away from a Nova. Two fist and you can cleave nearly all their weapons off.

NVA-Prime
12 x CERML
-1 DHS +1 TC1

PS, I fell in love the the Nova in MW2. PGI has done an excellent job representing in here.

Edited by spectrefang, 05 January 2016 - 08:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users