The Urbanmech. Why and why not?

396 replies to this topic

#161 Corstis

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, FL

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

The Urbanmech really is only for Urban warfare. With what other light mech are heavy mech pilots going to respond with "Holy crap, AC20!" While yes, you can punt the little ****** a few blocks away and put it down quick, but let's face it, putting an AC 20 in a trash can is still a ballsy (and sometimes very effective) tactic.

#162 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostDamascas, on 09 July 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Almost all of those variants are obscure and many years off, the Urbanmech is not very versatile, it was mass produced and if you notice most of those variants you listed were made by CC's enemies as ways to utilize the many captured urbanmechs since stock they were near useless to the more offensively oriented FWL and FedSun militaries.

here's what they should've done with all those captured urbanmechs.

Posted Image

#163 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

You know I think I just thought of the best game mode, you have a single lance without weight restrictions (but say 4-6 players max) and they have to survive wave after wave of urbanmechs

#164 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

I doubt the UrbanMech will be added unless they include a very restrictive urban map. UrbanMechs are for what they're named after - urban combat. They're a light 'Mech that can carry around an AC/20 (albeit with very limited munition) which gives it a scary punch in urban combat, where, generally, it's a lot of up close brawling. Most light 'Mechs, medium 'Mechs, and even some heavy 'Mechs wouldn't get out of a fight with an UrbanMech that didn't end with less tonnage in a couple areas. Most light 'Mechs wouldn't even be able to survive an encounter with an Urbie, but that's mostly because with the close quarters nature of urban combat, the UrbanMech is brutal. I don't think it will be added in because of the open feel of most of the maps we've seen so far.

#165 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

I think if I were to use an Urbanmech, I'd drop the AC/10 and the extra heat sink, and maybe the laser.

I'd put a Gauss into the right arm (or an ER PPC in the left arm), and then see about upgrading the engine for more speed.

Then I would pretend I'm playing a Hollander, and pout and sulk that because 1 year = 1 year real time, I won't see an actual Hollander in MWO for another FIVE YEARS.

#166 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostVechs, on 09 July 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

I think if I were to use an Urbanmech, I'd drop the AC/10 and the extra heat sink, and maybe the laser.

I'd put a Gauss into the right arm (or an ER PPC in the left arm), and then see about upgrading the engine for more speed.

Then I would pretend I'm playing a Hollander, and pout and sulk that because 1 year = 1 year real time, I won't see an actual Hollander in MWO for another FIVE YEARS.

I really hope they cut back on that promise for a year game time is a year in life x.x id have to wait so long for my Bushwacker

#167 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostDamascas, on 09 July 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Almost all of those variants are obscure and many years off, the Urbanmech is not very versatile, it was mass produced and if you notice most of those variants you listed were made by CC's enemies as ways to utilize the many captured urbanmechs since stock they were near useless to the more offensively oriented FWL and FedSun militaries.

The point is that they did it, don't forget some variants had chest mounted weapons, so we could see an extra energy or ballistic hardpoint in a tougher location that's easier to aim from. I'm by no means a huge urbie fan, but it could also be used to guard the "base" if such a mode is in-game.

#168 wargonglok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationIowa, training my urbie combat skills in the sacred temple of the urbies

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

Why the urbie hate? if given a choice between urbie or any assault i would pick urbie.(i hate assault) but even between urbie or jenner i prefer urbie because i can snipe with twin ac 2 or brawl with ac 10 both my sniper and brawl build have backup lasers and as a sniper urbie i can kill assaults, brawler urbie can kill heavies. i don't get why people dislike it. i would rather have urbie then any assault or heavy and i mow down featherweights easily.

just try the urbie before dissing it please. I beg you

sorry bout spelling or grammar issues. this is from my phone

Edited by wargonglok, 09 July 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#169 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

I prefer Assaults to Urbies, but a brawling light is something the game should have.

#170 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'm not really hating on the urbie, I'm just having way to much fun photoshopping them XD

#171 wargonglok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationIowa, training my urbie combat skills in the sacred temple of the urbies

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

I do enjoy the photoshops.

#172 E_Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSPAAAAAACE!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostAdm Awesome, on 08 July 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

with what? an AC/20 and a small laser? hell the AC20 version even has very limited ammo, so you better hit your target with every shot, ok so you take down an Atlas, you're a team contributor, now you ran out of ammo and only have a small laser, have fun being the team trashcan. The UM-R60L even has less armor, so you'll be lucky if you can shoot your AC/20 enough times to kill an Atlas before it lets all of it's guns on you. it's two PPC's, gauss, and rockets will probably destroy an urban with one cycle of attacks. You go with the AC/10 instead and then you probably would die to a light class that know what they're doing.

As Sarna says: "With these two weapons the UrbanMech can constantly harass, or if piloted by an experienced enough MechWarrior, down 'Mechs up to twice its own size." up to twice it's size, what would that be? A Flea or Commando? You better be good at stealth because I don't know how you're gonna catch either of them in the first place.

Hey buddy, I dont mean to butt in on this argument, but this is too good.
You have obviously nver played the board game, because if you had you would have an understanding of just how vulnerable your precious Atlas is. If you put an AC/20 round into your cockpit, it doesn't matter how much armor is their because you are dead. BTW you can have up to 9 points of armor and three of infrastructure on the head, so round will literally blow your grinning skull head clear off. And if that "wimpie little urbie is hiding begind a building where you cant see it it will take a competent pilot about two econds to line up a shot that will blow your inlated ego head clean off.
Have fun with that repair bill!

#173 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

so far I got, trashy urbie Posted Image
disco urbie Posted Image
urbiespam Posted Image
urbieball Posted Image
and of course, uberurbie Posted Image

#174 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

I actually know where you got the suit/guns for that last one, the movie the mask xD

#175 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostSidra, on 09 July 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

I actually know where you got the suit/guns for that last one, the movie the mask xD

yes, yes I did, I felt the pinstripe suit added a little something to the uberurbie that was absolutely necessary XD

#176 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostDamion Sparhawk, on 09 July 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

yes, yes I did, I felt the pinstripe suit added a little something to the uberurbie that was absolutely necessary XD

lol it added well, and on a random side note, the movie the mask, was no where NEAR as bloody and grotesque as the actually comics

#177 wargonglok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

You forgot godurbie

#178 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

View Postwargonglok, on 09 July 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

You forgot godurbie

So just the normal urbanmech then?

#179 wargonglok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Lol, someone (i think protection ) photoshoped a picture of urbie lodged inside the headspace of an atlas

#180 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

View Postwargonglok, on 09 July 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

You forgot godurbie

I didn't forget, I don't have a picture of god to photoshop onto an urbie (those are only one's that I personally have shopped) I might do a jesus urbie though...nah, too complicated, buddy christ already has hands.

Edited by Damion Sparhawk, 09 July 2012 - 02:18 PM.

37 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 37 guests, 0 anonymous users