Mobile Clan Assaults: Warhawk Or Executioner?

BattleMechs

46 replies to this topic

#41 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:40 AM

Yes, there are a few build for Warhawk that can make it brawl like a king but only if it doesn't get attention or can suppress enemy fire. Other than that Warhawk is a support mid to long range mech, at that role is actually some of the best, though that role in itself isn't so useful to be honest. Teams need stuff firing but also taking enemy fire, if you are in the back not taking shots you really need to put very serious DPS very accurately to make your team not pay for you not being in the front sharing enemy attention.

So between WHK and EXE the question isn't which is better but you want to do.

Edited by Brizna, 19 October 2015 - 05:41 AM.

#42 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:27 AM

I didn't think much of the Warhawk at first but I've come to appreciate it. It's somewhat flexible as far as the builds you can run. It'd be nice if you could actually do something with that left torso, but oh well. I basically set it up with a similar build to the Atlases I used to run, with a gauss instead of an AC/20. And 2 LRM 10s instead of a single LRM 15, and a SSRM 6 instead of an SRM 6. And of course 2 MLs.

#43 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostPaigan, on 16 October 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

You call a 85 ton mech "very squishy"?
And 11% more amore and MUCH more height (easier target) makes the EXE "several" times tougher to take down?
And no arguments to back up your statements.
Also, missiles work very well with limited tonnage as well. Even much better than gauss (check the gauss stats if you're not sure how much it weighs).
I strongly question your expertise.

Sounds like some guy who emotionally remembers some quick deaths in a WHK and some durable fights in an EXE without the slightest sense of objectivity and thinks that is the same as reality.

No, Executioner is definitely more tanky. It has better hitboxes (no Santa Maria sail side torsos), JJs, and MASC, making mobility and damage spreading excellent.

#44 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

The Warhawk take the cake for me.

#45 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:58 AM

I'd go for the Warhawk over the Executionner but they are both effective when you play them to their strenghts.

Then again, I've been finding a 89kph Gargoyle packing a UAC20 and 4 CML to be quite effective too. They key is using your speed.

#46 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:09 AM

I prefer the Warhawk, as I feel it has the better blend of speed, mobility and assault mech firepower.

The EXE has better tankyness/hotboxes, and it has some solid high mounts (not enough, IMO) - but a lot of it's tonnage is wrapped up in a big engine, 8 tons of JJs that don't provide 8 tons of value, and 4 tons of MASC that is great for poking but is on a mech with limited torso twisting and tends to feel clumsy due to how tall it is.

The EXE is "almost amazing", it's on the cusp. A few things could see it vault to top tier (removal of JJs, some more high torso mounts or arms that weren't ridiculously low) but right now it's limited to TBR loadouts which...you can just do on the TBR.

The Warhawk on the other hand is unrivaled clan side for firepower by any clan mech not called Dire Wolf. This is a fact.

It can take 32 tons of guns PLUS the 10 locked extra DHS it has.

Honestly, few IS assault mechs can even match that much firepower - the Warhawk even has some loadouts that effectively compete with the King Crab.

The Warhawk has great agility for an 85 tonner, it's torso + arm yaw means even light mechs need to fear getting in close.

It's one major flaw is it's hitboxes, the STs get destroyed easily much like a Stalker - except unlike the Stalker it can't hill hump at all.

Regardless, it's my preferred of the two. If I'm going to run a 26 or 27 ton gauss or laser loadout on a clan mech, it will be on TBR or EBJ for the superior speed and mobility (even though neither of one is as tanky as the EXE IMO).

Try and think of the Warhawk as a Direwolf that trades one gauss rifle for more speed (18kph or around 33% faster) and agility.

#47 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

All of the Clan Asssault mechs are good. Just keep saving and get them all. If you need one now, go for the Warhawk, it has the most tonnage for weapons out of all of them except the Dire, has really good quirks, and only takes up 85 tons for CW. Its fast enough to be mobile at 71 kph, and packs a punch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users