27 replies to this topic

#21 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

So little replies about the short rebalance phase.

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

View Postball0fire, on 19 October 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

even have your earnings goto yah main live server account

Simply allow my PTS earnings go to my live account so I'm not wasting my "earning" time...and I'd be happy to play in it.

#23 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostKoniving, on 21 October 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Simply allow my PTS earnings go to my live account so I'm not wasting my "earning" time...and I'd be happy to play in it.

I don't think it's quite that simple.

If I had to guess, given that it is entirely a different client, I imagine it runs on seperate servers entirely (ones that are running a different build entirely since just about everything in the game is server authoritative)

That being why they take a snapshot of your account a few days before the PTS.

I think the most reasonable reward system would be a "test amount" based reward system. (Sort of like a low matchscore Tourney, but for the PTS)

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:05 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 22 October 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

I think the most reasonable reward system would be a "test amount" based reward system. (Sort of like a low matchscore Tourney, but for the PTS)

Document earnings and inject.

Though a test amount reward system sounds good. Testing for X amount of time, get paid X amount. Or perhaps -- and this I feel is important -- a Testing Checklist of things to try to do with rewards based on what you've done. Even if its just cbills, something for my time.

I used to love doing it with the idea of improving the game... but after years of bringing up the same ongoing issues where it takes over 3 years to finally see that ECM cloakshield is an issue when it's been said from day one... little said or done will actually get them to fix issues that come up short of bugs. Without that satisfaction, I need a reason to bother putting in a second copy of the game, and keeping it updated for testing, let alone actually testing.

Edited by Koniving, 22 October 2015 - 04:10 AM.

#25 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:19 AM

View PostKoniving, on 22 October 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

I used to love doing it with the idea of improving the game... but after years of bringing up the same ongoing issues where it takes over 3 years to finally see that ECM cloakshield is an issue when it's been said from day one... little said or done will actually get them to fix issues that come up short of bugs. Without that satisfaction, I need a reason to bother putting in a second copy of the game, and keeping it updated for testing, let alone actually testing.

You've confirmed my suspicions of burnt testers. Too many tests ignored previously...

(which is sad, as this PTS was a legitimate change for the better- for the most part.)

#26 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:56 AM

I hope the next pass will be a more complete version of what we can expect to see on live. Possibly we'll see some weapon quirks to distinguish mechs further.

#27 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

and more days to test!!!!!! OMG more days! 10-15

#28 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:41 PM

Having the servers up for more days doesn't help when there aren't enough people online to kick off a match after the 3rd day, which has been the pattern the last two PTS runs.

Edited by DevilCrayon, 23 October 2015 - 12:42 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users