166 replies to this topic

#161 The Big Stick

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWest BFE Kentucky

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostAzargo, on 20 October 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

I hope "owned" filter can at some point simply remove all non-owned colours from grid. Darkening, greying out or any other color modification will just make non-owned colours appear like some other legit color. Otherwise, I'm loving the new color selection.

Better yet, segregate the pallet so owned colors show and then available colors show.

#162 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:19 AM

The 3/3/3/3 system was not that great, every game was just full of direwolfs and assaults everywhere. Having more low tonnage is a lot more appealing. Though this new system does not limit bringing assaults in the slightest. I just think you are going to see a lot better variety assaults now to meet tonnage requirements for bigger groups which IMO is a good thing.

I also like how the tonnage keeps getting tighter the more people you add to your group, making 8-12 man carry teams have a tonnage disadvantage against there pug opponents which is another great thing. It's not perfect but it's a step in a better direction.

#163 Beadhanger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 115 posts
  • LocationBösensell

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

I didnt have ONE SINGLE DECENT GAME since this BS is in....granted I mostly play small groups but I did so before and it wasnt this bad....maybe its just me but it is impossible for me right now to have fun....Im even playing CW so i dont have to be as angry all the time and that is saying something

#164 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:20 PM

I would like to note that the tonnage limit seemed to be working quite well last night.
We managed to get a decent sized group going and it fluctuated in numbers as we went along.
It was quite quick to get a match which was definitely an improvement.
Had the odd match which was slow to connect but on the whole it was quite good.
Admittedly by the time we finished up we were running to the same opposition in the last few matches so the player numbers must have dropped off at that point.
Had some good enjoyable battles.

Of interest, the tonnage limits does provide the variety in mech chassis.
In nearly every drop we did, I noted that we naturally conformed to the 3/3/3/3 setup anyway.
The system does allow the flexibility to take a more biased loadout if the members in the group all agree to do so.
While it is still early days, my initial impression was that it was working quite well.

#165 VenomStriker

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 20 October 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

you are a teir 1?, im skeptical. Also I concur that its something you are/are not doing .

Btw, look at my profile to the left...you'll see my tier.

#166 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

I've been away from over a year, and I gotta say I'm disgusted that a lot of the same issues that were prominent when I left are still here. Just more Mechs, maps and cosmetics. Truly justifies others who've claimed the game to be little more than a cash grab.

Hitbox registration on lights is still garbage; they rule supreme and are feared more than coming up against dual Assaults. The UI is still horrible. No changes towards making it more consumable have been made. This all just culminates and makes me feel justified I left in the first place. You STILL can't even paste your password into the login gate. Why not attempt the same on your forums in the name of pseudo-security?

For the game to have been out THIS long and still be little more than a redundant battle simulator (which, btw, kudos on the matchmaker, we spend as much, if not more time in there, as we do in an actual game). On top of it all, the video optimizations are no better. My rig runs the Witcher 3 in highest settings at 1440p butter smooth yet this game still has jank in it.

If it hasn't happened by now, I just have to come to terms that it's not going to happen. It's not part of PGI's priority.

#167 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:35 PM

View PostDanielio97, on 19 October 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

So you are telling me we can drop with four DWFs and 8 Urbanmechs? Oh my, looks like this will be the new meta :D

Can you fit 8 urbanmechs on top of a DWF? i'd pay to see that riding into battle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users