After Match Salvage Mini Game

34 replies to this topic

#21 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:14 AM

View PostGhazzy, on 21 October 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

I love the idea of a salvaging part from enemy mechs. But I would prefer it if it went more like. You would get 5 random items from what was equipped on the various enemy mechs. Could be HS. Could be Guass Rifles. Either way that's more what I'd want to see done.

Agree but only to the winning team, because they hold the field.

#22 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:01 AM

View PostGhazzy, on 21 October 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

I love the idea of a salvaging part from enemy mechs. But I would prefer it if it went more like. You would get 5 random items from what was equipped on the various enemy mechs. Could be HS. Could be Guass Rifles. Either way that's more what I'd want to see done.

To make it more effort oriented, you get a random piece of equipment from any mech you destroy. FROM the location destroyed. So if you blow off a arm with no weapons... nada, Oh and even if its a Clan Mech, Inner Sphere equipment if you are using a IS Mech.

#23 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:27 AM

What's in it for PGI?

#24 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:31 AM

View PostYellonet, on 22 October 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

What's in it for PGI?

A more immersive (better) game.

#25 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:34 AM

View PostYellonet, on 22 October 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

What's in it for PGI?

View PostHotthedd, on 22 October 2015 - 03:31 AM, said:

A more immersive (better) game.

Players like getting Swag. Happy players spend money more freely.

#26 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:36 AM

Seems like a lot of work for system that save you a couple of cbills. Salvage is already a factor in your payout, creating new systems to represent this sounds like wasted effort that could be better spent polishing / fixing other areas - like the fact that text chat is fundamentally broken

#27 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 22 October 2015 - 03:36 AM, said:

Seems like a lot of work for system that save you a couple of cbills. Salvage is already a factor in your payout, creating new systems to represent this sounds like wasted effort that could be better spent polishing / fixing other areas - like the fact that text chat is fundamentally broken

Yeah but for immersion, a bland cbill award is like a cop out to something real. In my OP I said this would be in addition to those cbill rewards so I am not looking to replace or reduce those cbills even further.

#28 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:49 AM

Nice idea to add a little spice to the game. Of course it never will fulfill what salvage did in the other games or TT simply because this game is a different beast. In those you needed salvage to piece your mech back into working order, or to add to your limited c-bill coffers, or to have a chance at a rare mech chassis or weapon you otherwise couldn't get. I remember playing some missions over and over just to try for that one mech that you otherwise might not get for 6 more missons.

Still it would be a nice addition to the c-bill rewards, and lots of people enjoy the randomness factor of "What is in the box this time," just look at all the joy over the christmas and halloween events in the past. Mind you those also had chances at stuff you might not get otherwise, because I'm a cheap ******* who won't spend MC on cockpit items, but still it is fun to click a random thing to get something.

#29 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:49 AM

View Postslide, on 21 October 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

I like the idea.

Although I would go so far as to include engines and (stripped) mech chassis as extremely rare opportunities as well.

Anything that encourages more people to play, more often is a good thing and good for us all.

To us Vets it probably doesn't matter, but to a new player, winning a new mech chassis would be pure gold.

And since Mechwarrior always was about salvaging new mechs and stuff, it would be grand.

#30 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostXetelian, on 21 October 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

This sounds like a bad idea and only because I figure 99.9% of the parts you get will rot in your inventory.

There are how many weapons? What are the chances that I would get one that I could actually use?

If we had to vote I would say yes to having this feature but I'd just sell the weapons and heatsinks for cbills to get what I actually need.

If 'EVERYEONE' is running meta and YOU are running meta, then the chances are high.

If 'EVERYONE' is running meta and YOU aren't the chances would be increasingly slim that you'd get 12 MGs

#31 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:40 AM

I would be happy with ANY salvage system.

Personally I like the idea of salvage points/CVPs that aren't random, could only be earned in game (representing assorted scrap), and could be sold for C-bills or saved up to trade in for equipment that you want.

#32 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:32 AM

I also have to ask, what is so 'mini-game' about collecting another coin?

That doesn't really involve me in the game, any more than if they put purple moose on my mech's shoulders....

Edited by Lugh, 22 October 2015 - 06:32 AM.

#33 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:06 AM

Any salvage system would be an improvement. This suggestion isn't my ideal, but I'd take it.

#34 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

I think salvaging would be great. However when you get parts, that are damaged or your mech itself is damaged, there should be three options. First, pay cbills for instand repair. Second, sell the stuff for a low amount. Third, wait until your crew fixed them with some cheap parts.

Exspecialy the option with the fixing would help people with low cbill amount. You can make a skill tree for your crew and unlock tuning options. So a bad crew wouldn't be able to fix it to 100% and a well trained crew could do it and a little more.

#35 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostMasterBurte, on 22 October 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

I think salvaging would be great. However when you get parts, that are damaged or your mech itself is damaged, there should be three options. First, pay cbills for instand repair. Second, sell the stuff for a low amount. Third, wait until your crew fixed them with some cheap parts.

Exspecialy the option with the fixing would help people with low cbill amount. You can make a skill tree for your crew and unlock tuning options. So a bad crew wouldn't be able to fix it to 100% and a well trained crew could do it and a little more.

http://mwomercs.com/...-return-of-r-r/

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users