Townhall Predictions: Garbage In, Garbage Out

91 replies to this topic

#81 padebra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 23 October 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

Mmmm... no. To be fair, I'm not really disappointed or angry - I'm like a comedian

My mistake.
You're probably right, so... I'm just not fond of your style then ;)
I prefer you casting games

Edited by padebra, 23 October 2015 - 03:58 PM.

#82 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:35 PM

> can you please start posting bandwidth usage rates for MWO, so players know just how much bandwidth is being used

It's about 6 mb per match. I remember checking in the past and MWO used to take around 1 mb per minute of play (though I could be mistaken). Right now it takes up a significant chunk of data and it will eat through your low megabyte data plans if you try to use those.

#83 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 23 October 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Going to move this over to K-town, as it's negative and unconstructive.

It's more constructive than at least half of the threads in General Discussion right now, and there's a very specific reason that negativity exists...

#84 Kraftwerkedup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:48 AM

This is amazing.

PGI is the worst company on the Earth.

#85 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

I think Bill has nailed it. There needs to be a drinking game any time "Phase 3" "InfoTech" or "New Mech" is mentioned at any Townhall. It will be streamed along side the Townhall stream to see how rekt people can get while watching.

PGi can also sell previous Townhall meetings as a drinking game for parties. PGI will make a ton of cash, enough to fund Phase 4.

#86 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

I'm sure these things will all come to pass as described.

#87 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 22 October 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

Meh. My opinion of this game and its developers hasn't changed since Open Beta. It's a flat-average developer making a flat-average game with one of my favorite IPs. They do a few things right and that's enough to keep me coming back occasionally, and I've had a lot of good times with this game - granted, mostly because of QQ. But otherwise ****'s pretty depressing. I just don't think any of the people calling the shots know what they're doing or have a good vision.

The vision part is obvious, but I wouldn't even give them the description of "average"... you're being nice.

The bitterness was just my mood, but I could pull out one of these rants anytime anywhere. Nothing personal to PGI but just like Ask the Devs, these town halls are pretty lolsy.

lolsy? Lousy IMO, because there's little to nothing about CW Phase 3 in previous ones. I mean it's fine to take time to do it right, but past history indicates that it isn't any better than when they actually tell us (or actually not mention specifics that are necessary).

#88 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 23 October 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

It's satire, and I'd bet money at least 50% of the answers are spot-on. I'd add something constructive, but, "Stop asking stupid questions," and, "I wish developers could give real answers," aren't exactly going to get anything done. You mods are no fun.

*Shrugs* I guess you don't like my giveaways then.
Posted Image

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 23 October 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

The OP's post should be what you see when you log into your mechbay instead of that useless "pleez buy moar crap" splashscreen we get.

*Gives him the "You got angry, didn't you?" look*

View PostFupDup, on 24 October 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

It's more constructive than at least half of the threads in General Discussion right now, and there's a very specific reason that negativity exists...

I doubt that

Release my favorite 'mech, baby. I suck yo ****!

Is constructive at all. There's more examples, but I guess you can say I'm saving them up for anyone else who considers Bill's extreme Satire constructive. No disrespect Bill but hey, try Reddit, they're more than happy to let you post something like this.

Edited by Scout Derek, 26 October 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#89 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 26 October 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

I doubt that

Is constructive at all. There's more examples, but I guess you can say I'm saving them up for anyone else who considers Bill's extreme Satire constructive.

Admittedly, there is literally nothing constructive about this post. I'm a bit confused by the people saying otherwise. Satire is, by definition, attacking something, and I honestly didn't expect it to last as long as it did.

Hell, the saddest part is it stayed there far longer than most of the legitimate threads or ideas I've posted here since the reorganization. These days, anything that isn't totally vapid and meaningless gets shipped off into a dark corner to die with the thousands of repeat, rehashed, ******** ideas that show up on a near-daily basis. It's an almost genius way to prevent any concept from gaining serious support ever again.

Just for comparison though, let's check out the prestigious, well-manicured oasis that is General Discussion:
Posted Image

Lame. Lame. Lame. I know you're just enforcing policy, so obviously no hard feelings, but the way that cancer rules the front page while all meaningful discussion gets scuttled is exactly why so many of us fled for reddit in the first place. I'd be inclined to post something constructive if PGI was actually interested, but they aren't, so I write whatever's fun.

View PostScout Derek, on 26 October 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

No disrespect Bill but hey, try Reddit, they're more than happy to let you post something like this.

To be fair, I'm a mod with enough political capital to survive at least one or two serious ****-ups, so I can pretty much post whatever I want over there.

#90 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:33 AM

Good work Bill. I don't care how high your voice is, this is funny ish!

#91 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:46 AM

The wonderful magic of recycling.

It's when garbage goes in and soemthing useful comes out.

#92 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:16 AM

the more I come back to visit the forums the more I realize quitting MWO was for the best. That and glad I didn't invest heavily in it. Infact I am very careful now about free to play games. And to further add on MWO kinda killed or should I say took a blow to my love of the franchise. My Atlas shall forever be locked away on the edge of known space hidden from the wars. And Artic cheetahs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users