In Case You Dont Follow Russ On Twitter....

257 replies to this topic

#241 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostThe Phigment, on 04 November 2015 - 05:40 AM, said:

All this being said, I can jump onto my IS account, drop into my IS mechs, and fight on-par with Clan mechs. So the problem isn't the mechs, it's the people.

That is no kind of evidence. How do you come up with this stuff?

#242 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 03 November 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

I circle back because the game that we are talking about is Mechwarrior Online "A BATTLETECH GAME"!

TT rules don't work in real time.

You know the saying, to a hammer, problems look nails? Well to a lore purist, problems look like rulesets. I grow tired of the "A BATTLETECH GAME" throw down. Its a cop out argument

gameplay trumps line by line translations from the busted TT rules.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 04 November 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#243 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:01 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 03 November 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

I have argued since Clans were introduced that it was more pilot skill, than "unbalanced" Clan mechs that was causing people to believe that PGI's implementation of Clan mechs was "OP".

Wrong

If there is a vast difference in pilot ability, it is true that the tech base power gap doesn't matter as much.

If the player skill is roughly equal, then the Clan-IS power gap becomes a much bigger factor.

#244 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts
  • LocationIn a Shadowhawk

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:20 AM

I don't really see a core balance issue...just alot of lasers. Its annoying yes but exists because there's no reason to run a multi-role build (such as the lore build for the thunderbolt 5s). Like why use mg when there's no infantry, why use srm 2 when the hit-reg doesn't work and there's no apcs or light tanks to fight.
Light weapons designed to fight infantry and vehicles are useless in battlemechv battlemech combat is what I'm saying here.

#245 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:47 PM

View PostNinjah, on 25 October 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

I have to say that the game is pretty well balanced at the moment. I play both sides and have no complaints.

That's because the Clan Tech and IS Tech are essentially the same - they only look different - this does not equal canon and reduces the MW franchise to CoD or any other baloney sandwich FPS game.

#246 theborgeffect

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:08 PM

If the rebalance Clan mechs down they must give us a new mech pack based on the over payment we paid for the mechs. If I was PGI I would rebalanc and offer 2 new mechs if you bought 1 to 2 clan packs, 4 mechs for 3 to 4 Clan packs.

#247 SPARTAN 127

• Pip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:45 PM

View Posttheborgeffect, on 20 November 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

If the rebalance Clan mechs down they must give us a new mech pack based on the over payment we paid for the mechs. If I was PGI I would rebalanc and offer 2 new mechs if you bought 1 to 2 clan packs, 4 mechs for 3 to 4 Clan packs.

Really now, even if its to help the game and its players overall you still want to feel like you need to strong arm PGI to give you free mechs because of a simple rebalance? I'm sorry, but have you seen the clear advantage Clan mechs have over IS at its current state? It took the Grasshopper, Black Knight, and Zeus to even the odds a little to the IS side.

Clan tech is better, more superior and more expensive to use, so it was natural that the Clan mech packs would be expensive to match it up. And doesn't the Clan packs come with an (I) variant that grants a 30% cbill bonus and the three variant bonus, as well as including the extra modules and camo specs and colors and cockpit items and the warhorns and the unique hanging cockpit item and the premium time and the title when you guys reserved a copy of a pack before a specific date when they were first announced? I think that's well worth the extra 10 bucks in comparison to the IS mechs.

You knew what you were in for when you bought the mech pack, same goes back then, and from now on. Clan tech will still be better than IS, you're just worried you want the odds to might not still be on your side when the rebalance goes Live.

Edited by SPARTAN 127, 20 November 2015 - 08:47 PM.

#248 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:10 PM

I can't get enough of that argument.

"I bought these because they were OP and so was willing to spend more - I was paying to win! I want the win I paid for! If you're going to balance it so what I bought isn't OP anymore I want a refund or additional perks!"

Ell Oh Fookin' Ell.

I'm fond of writing pages of crap in big responses. There are not enough electrons in the cosmos to chuff into the interwebz to populate the books an books of contempt that this attitude deserves poured on it. Like if you took the Niagara River and replaced all the water with absolute, pure distilled contempt, and then stood at the bottom of Niagara Falls so that 6 million gallons of contempt fell on you every minute it would still be insufficient for what this attitude deserves.

Edited by MischiefSC, 21 November 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#249 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 November 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

"I bought these because they were OP and so was willing to spend more - I was paying to win! I want the win I paid for! If you're going to balance it so what I bought isn't OP anymore I want a refund or additional perks!"

Ell Oh Fookin' Ell.

I'm fond of writing pages of crap in big responses. There are not enough electrons in the cosmos to chuff into the interwebz to populate the books an books of contempt that this attitude deserves poured on it. Like if you took the Niagara River and replaced all the water with absolute, pure distilled contempt, and then stood at the bottom of Niagara Falls so that 6 million gallons of contempt fell on you every minute it would still be insufficient for what this attitude deserves.

Yup, self-entitlement at its worst.

Screw the tabletop-purists though, because in my opinion Clan mechs will always be OP. IN STYLE!

Side note: there probably are enough electrons in the cosmos for that :P

#250 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostRepasy, on 21 November 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

Yup, self-entitlement at its worst.

Screw the tabletop-purists though, because in my opinion Clan mechs will always be OP. IN STYLE!

Side note: there probably are enough electrons in the cosmos for that :P

Nah, there are just mostly better pilots on the clan side.

#251 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostNinjah, on 25 October 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

I have to say that the game is pretty well balanced at the moment. I play both sides and have no complaints.

gah

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 06 December 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#252 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostOdanan, on 25 October 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

The Clan XL Engines not being destroyed by the loss of one side torso is maybe the greatest mistake of the Battletech designers. It really changes things. Like the DHS, any technology in Battletech that makes another completely obsolete, is bad for balance.

In IS, you need to weight (no pun intended) the advantages and risks of fielding a XL Engine. With the Clan XL, taking the Std. Engine is just foolish.

I agree PGI should add some penalty (other than heat) to the Omnimechs losing a side torso. With the Clan Battlemechs coming soon, there must be some advantage (even if minor) to use the Standard over the XL Engine.

And seriously? Asking for refunds because PGI is trying to make the game fair for all players is BS.
Clans likely don't have standard engines..... like Autocannons they may be obsolete and the IS is always going to be behind on technology they did it to themselves stop whining.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 25 October 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

I dont understand how some players say balanced and others say it's unbalanced. Yet others act as if there are no differing thoughts on the issue. I am inclined to agree with you.
balanced in favor of IS it's not balanced at all.

#253 Lugin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 06 December 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

Clans likely don't have standard engines..... like Autocannons they may be obsolete and the IS is always going to be behind on technology they did it to themselves stop whining.
balanced in favor of IS it's not balanced at all.

The Kingfisher and Stooping Hawk both use a standard engine.
The Woodsman also did so, but is now out of service.

That said, Clan use of standard engines is unusual, though more common in second-line battlemechs.

#254 Sazabi Steppenwulfe

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrestes Principal

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostDavers, on 25 October 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

Clans and IS cannot be shoehorned into a traditional FPS like MWO without completely changing how Clan mechs work. PGI should have known this before taking it on. Huge sweeping changes are very unfair, especially this late in development, when we are on our 4th Clan pack.

PGI should have realized that Clan XL engines were too powerful to have a straight 12v12 game. If they are forced to add LFE, then they should have started at a later era. They could have still sold all the same mechs and not lost revenue, while appearing to actually understand the franchise they licensed.

this advancing the timeline to the Jihad (or Dark Age) era would have negated the need for nerf bat because the mechs of those times were more balanced. leave 3050 to the table tops and novels...

#255 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:56 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 06 December 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

gah

Posted Image

#256 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:46 PM

View PostSkippyT72, on 25 October 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Want to screw over clan mechs more, I'm ok with that BUT only if you remove the ability of the IS to use mech lab and make them take stock and varient mechs like the lore actually calls for. People paid more for Clan mechs for all kinds of reason, but the fact of the matter is the DID pay more real world cash and should not continue to be screwed over because some folks continue to rant about how un balanced this game is basically because they refuse to use teamwork and get better as a team. The IS quirks along with the limitations and crap added to clan tech have the game about as balanced as possible some clan mechs are better than some IS mechs, but then again some IS mechs are hands down better than IS mechs with all thier quirks, heck we have a Raven that hit out past a Clan er Lrg mech stock. so think about that a min before you continue to just throw numbers out there without adding in all the advantages that have been handed to IS mechs in range and heat quirks.

I love how it's always a story about, "I bought clan mechs because I like clan mechs and not for p2w aspects," and then, "Hey, stop screwing me over by nerfing the advantages I payed real money for!"

View Posttheborgeffect, on 20 November 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

So...you're all about spending money to get better mechs. Sounds like a personal problem.

Edited by Dino Might, 06 December 2015 - 06:47 PM.

#257 Grothaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:44 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 November 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

Ell Oh Fookin' Ell.

this made my day

#258 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostGattsus, on 26 October 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

nerf to clan engines... ahh the salt is overflowing....
clan tears are delicious

So is callous ignorance it seems.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users