55 replies to this topic

#41 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostCathy, on 28 October 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

If I cancel my Marauder and Warhammer, uninstal game, this will be the cause of it

Please do not make promises you will not keep. You rag on PGI for doing it. Be pretty hypocritical of you right?

#42 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:45 AM

View PostTitannium, on 27 October 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

So its a "map selection" right ? so no more alpine ? no more forest colony ? yay.

The problem wasnt bad map, not everyone hates the same map. The problem was getting the same map 10 times in a night.

#43 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

Don't people realize how unworkable picking mechs after map selection would be? Is there going to be a 15 minute wait period after launching while groups juggle around their tonnage? Please think this through people...

#44 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

I've always thought there should be no voting, no map select, and no mode select. You drop in what you brought and if you skew your build all the way in one direction, you should be prepared to encounter situations that don't behoove you.

-k

#45 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

The idea as presented is actually fairly good... but in classic PGI fashion they left us too many buckets and the big groups will end up steering the ship. Maybe on an iteration it will achieve the 'pick your poison' that would probably sooth some of the rage here.

Two choices, and two choices only.

Map A with game mode A (i.e. Terra Therma Conquest)

OR

Map B with game mode B (i.e. River City Skirmish)

So if you hate Skirmish, and you hate Terra Therma, you have to make a hard choice. You get the idea. Rage quitting has been an option for years, since you know what you're getting on the splash screen, so I don't buy that argument. Sorry.

#46 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostDavers, on 28 October 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

Don't people realize how unworkable picking mechs after map selection would be? Is there going to be a 15 minute wait period after launching while groups juggle around their tonnage? Please think this through people...

Maybe we could have deck much like CW and you can switch while the waiting time. Or maybe you have weight/class limit and everyone is forced to go through their 4 mech? nah i dont want to switch mech all the time.

#47 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

This sounds like it creates less diversity.

As much as I dislike certain maps, never playing on them again but instead being stuck on the handful of popular maps is not something I want.

Edited by BattleBunny, 28 October 2015 - 09:16 AM.

#48 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:49 AM

Alpine, River City, Frozen City Both versions will be the only maps ever played on anymore. Why? They are the least heat punitive.

#49 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

Yeeey, let's make a repetitive game more repetitive by effectively removing conquest and every map that's not caustic frozen city night or river city.

#50 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

I think this is PGI trying to herd players better for the match maker, but giving us a sense of control to appease the loss of choice for game mode type. That was the big outcry last time they tried it... "I hate [game mode]."

My fix would be give everyone one vote... you can either vote for the map you want or the game mode that you want, but not both. A 12-man could in theory take control of the map selection based on weight of votes, but would need to accept the game mode if enough votes went into that from the opposing players.

#51 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:32 AM

Just finished the town hall.

Well, the implementation is different from what they previously discuss.
Like most player, the implementation is less than desirable.

If they insist on implementing voting, then let each team vote on different aspect of the match.
Blue team will vote on map, once the is decided, Red Team vote on game mode.
It will look like blue is issuing a challenge on where to fight, and red is setting the terms of winning.

#52 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostMaster Pain, on 27 October 2015 - 07:27 PM, said:

Eww. I hate skirmish. I refuse to play that terrible game mode.

And I refuse to play Conquest and hate Assault.

Happy to no longer decide what Mode you drop in or not drop in? I really liked being able to check off Assault and Conquest and never have to play them again. That was/is fun for me.

Guess how and what we play is no longer a choice we get to make for ourselves.

What happened when people were forced to drop in maps they didn't want to in the last event? What do people think will happen when people are forced to drop in game modes they do not want?

They had just better get CW Part III done really *$()$! fast now so can get out of Group Queue now.

#53 Grothaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:19 AM

already responded in the other thread discussing the same subject but figured id post here to because....

If this gets implemented, Im quitting. and after talking some friends, seems like im not going to be the only one.

I really hope PGI decides against implementing this, because they will lose a large chunk of their player base, which they just cant afford to lose and like any game that involves units and friends, some people who might not have left will end up leaving because one or more people they really enjoying playing with left because of this nonsense.

#54 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

IMO, if there are so many people here that don;t want to see the same mpa over and over, wouldnt that mean there will be so many people voting for not the same map over and over?

I dunno, to me we need to try this because "I wanna choose my map!!" etc has been cried for since beta. if it flops, fine, it flops, and then we can say stfu to the ones crying about it. If it works, well, wouldnt that just be delightful?

Russ is looking at this as: people complain they get bad matchmaker stuff. His reason for this is because there are too many buckets. so he came up with a way to reduce buckets, and still give people some choice. On the same throw, he put it out there for the people crying for map choice for years now.

IMO it is a good move, even if it doesnt pan out, because we need to try SOMETHING. I think it will work better then most here apparently, but I am certainly capable of being wrong. Time will tell.

#55 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 28 October 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

Map choice - no, for apparent reasons. Also, if it gets in, but don't work as intended, later attempt to remove it will bring a whinemaggedon.

Mode choice - if it would be players affecting the dice roll, not defining it, then yes, sure. We could finally get more game modes then. Also, I would love to see the assault mode with turrets back, next to the current turretless one (I like them both and they are quite different in terms of gameplay).

---
I'm also against selecting mechs after seeing the map. Yeah, it makes sense, only it will end up in laserspam in cold maps and gaussspam in hot maps, brawlers only in clustered maps and snipers only in open maps. In addition it's gonna be a new thing to disadvantage the newbies who don't have mechs optimised for all maps. And choices like whether to use the mech you actually want to play and be disadvantaged vs tryhards, or take the one optimised one you don't actually want to play now for the map you got now to not get disadvantaged. Leave such things for CW.

This is playing into the same esports flaw of this game. the group queue will have maps controlled completely by teams of 7+ who all want to practice on the same map with their hypertuned mechs.

#56 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

This is terrible news. I pretty much only play conquest. Im not a fan of assault, and hate skirmish.

I enjoyed having the freedom of choice

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users