83 replies to this topic

#21 Varvar86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 441 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:15 AM

I dont konow whats the true problem - hitboxes lag or structure bugs or both, all i know that standing still Cheetach can catch 2 gauss + 2 PPC Crab alpha in side torso and gone with armor on place and not even orange.
Posted Image
It's easy to define, which mech is OP - the one which players use more.
1) 90% of the lights mechs in a queue last months - Cheetach's
2) Who left last one standing from 12 man team - Cheetach
3) You in the any IS light mech, you 1 vs 1 and you know you are 200% dead - you against Cheetach

I bought 1 myself and after day playing i know - its not firepower that makes it OP - this is hitboxes/structure that keeps you alive after crazy amount of damage taken, that will 100% kill any ordinary Heavy mech.
Nerf will come anyway, its obvious. Enjoy while you can.

Edited by Varvar86, 02 November 2015 - 02:19 AM.

#22 MazeRunner

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 79 posts
  • LocationThe great white north

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

View PostXetelian, on 01 November 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

A light mech, no matter how good, is NOT over powered. There is a reason why the queue for lights is 10% and 20% for everything else.

That's because a disturbing number of pilots have a deathly fear of running anything other than a Heavy mech.

#23 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

You know I really don't understand why there's always that one "broken" light that gets "fixed", only for the next one to pop up.

Raven - gets inflated leg hitboxes
Spider - general hitbox inflation
Firestarter - hitreg update makes it more vulnerable
Now we got the Cheetah.

If history tells us anything, expect major ACH nerfs around the time when the next "broken" light gets released (whatever it will be).

Edited by Macster16, 02 November 2015 - 02:53 AM.

#24 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:02 AM

View PostMacster16, on 02 November 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

You know I really don't understand why there's always that one "broken" light that gets "fixed", only for the next one to pop up.

Raven - gets inflated leg hitboxes
Spider - general hitbox inflation
Firestarter - hitreg update makes it more vulnerable
Now we got the Cheetah.

If history tells us anything, expect major ACH nerfs around the time when the next "broken" light gets released (whatever it will be).

You would think they would learn how not to repeat mistakes.

Oh, sorry were talking about PGI.

#25 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 02 November 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

I have provided enough evidence and proof that the ACH was utterly 'broken' after the initial release and these people who bought the packs still defended. Funny part was there was little to no responde of people explaining it. Aside a few which was a plausible explaination.

The current video on the hitbox test doenst proof anything. It only shows what's being boxed. It has a different latency then on the live servers.

It was incredible. I mean, they litterally defended their paywalled light (Or better said early access with a broken mech). But i dont compare it to the Grasshopper or Executioner who came in broken. Or the Black Knight. But the issue remain present for too long and thus people call it paywalled. (I dont say it is but its a reason why people call it) As you know PGI is a little bit slow in reacting. The only thing that these buyers wouldnt admit that it was to protect their investment and these are the ones who are screaming balance at the same time.

Posted Image

Made me full of disgust of some people around here. The igorance. You should analyse the rigged animation with the speed. It doenst add up.

Suddenly most of the lights got more obsoleted. From Commando's (After Firestarter got added) to Jenners and to Spiders.

Sounds hard, but it has a truth in it.

It would be different if all other lights was brought up at the same level. But this just shows how terrible PGI stinks in balancing the game and only add more hard values and variables to balance out and some people swallowing it like pudding.

Edited by Sarlic, 02 November 2015 - 04:14 AM.

#26 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:14 AM

Yeah, too many cheetos lately which was the primary reason why I stopped playing a week or so ago.
There's just too many bad things adding up, and the ACH was the worst offender, my energy and hunger for this game was just slowly destroyed until there was nothing left :(

#27 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostSarlic, on 01 November 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

Kind of funny with all these ACH defenders. But hey; normal thing i see it all the time.

I don't see many Jenners, Spiders or even Commies going on.

I mean not that hardpoint inflation, overly ECM, sup-par hitboxes and scale doenst mean anything. Right?

If all lights would have brought at the same level of a ACH, for example the Wolfhound is a good start and those are a welcome change.

But when i look at scaling alot of mechs, and i mean ALOT are behind proper scale.

No wonder everyone takes a ACH and or a Wolfhound.

Go figure.

And yet SOME people (i.e. those that can aim) have no trouble with any of them..... :rolleyes:

#28 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:23 AM

The sensible side of me says that the greatest nerf the ACH should get is a reduction of bonus structure quirks, and no stupid red quirks...negative quirks are one of the most pointless concepts used so far.

The ACH pilot in me says to deal with it you whiners. ;)

#29 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:24 AM

View PostSarlic, on 02 November 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

I have provided enough evidence and proof that the ACH was utterly 'broken' after the initial release and these people who bought the packs still defended. Funny part was there was little to no responde of people explaining it. Aside a few which was a plausible explaination.

The current video on the hitbox test doenst proof anything. It only shows what's being boxed. It has a different latency then on the live servers.

It was incredible. I mean, they litterally defended their paywalled light (Or better said early access with a broken mech). But i dont compare it to the Grasshopper or Executioner who came in broken. Or the Black Knight. But the issue remain present for too long and thus people call it paywalled. (I dont say it is but its a reason why people call it) As you know PGI is a little bit slow in reacting. The only thing that these buyers wouldnt admit that it was to protect their investment and these are the ones who are screaming balance at the same time.

Posted Image

Made me full of disgust of some people around here. The igorance. You should analyse the rigged animation with the speed. It doenst add up.

Suddenly most of the lights got more obsoleted. From Commando's (After Firestarter got added) to Jenners and to Spiders.

Sounds hard, but it has a truth in it.

It would be different if all other lights was brought up at the same level. But this just shows how terrible PGI stinks in balancing the game and only add more hard values and variables to balance out and some people swallowing it like pudding.

To be fair the Commando was never good, the Jenner was always the better choice. The Spider was only better when it was broken, and it got fixed. The firestarter is still broken hit box wise....

#30 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:24 AM

@Sarlic:
You know, I dislike the Cheetah inflation as much as anyone else but seeing streak boats is equally broken vs. light mechs. And that's the problem of this game, it balances with extremes:
LRM vs ECM
1 OP light mech vs streaks (which kill unfortunately the other lights even easier)

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 02 November 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

Maybe it is no mistake...

Posted Image

View PostLugh, on 02 November 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

And yet SOME people (i.e. those that can aim) have no trouble with any of them..... :rolleyes:

Yesterday a ACH overheated in fron of me. He took 2 LRM salvos before. I fired 4 ML point blank at its CT. It was yellow afterwards. Obviously I missed, right?

Also, those hidden ad hominems are pretty stupid. Why have no balls and say "gat gut"? That would be honest at least.

Edited by Bush Hopper, 02 November 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#31 Obadiah333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, Oregon

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:26 AM

Uh, if you are looking for real broken hitboxes, look no further than the wolfhound. Tough is one thing, but I caught one standing still yesterday on river city. Full alpha (2 clan lpl, 3 clan erml), didn't scratch the paint. It was from the side into the arm/torso. It should have been missing an arm. nope. nothing. ragdoll didn't even blink. so stupid.

I'd chalk it up to hit reg or any other number of mind boggling factors. However, the coincidence of how often this happens with light mechs makes me think there is a bigger problem that PGI isn't addressing. Way back in the day, it was the warping commando. Then the spider, which could dance through a whole team and emerge unscathed. Then the cheeto. Now the wolfhound. FIX YOUR %$#%!@$#%$^%$#!^ GAME PGI!

#32 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:26 AM

The ACH Boogeyman is clawing out of the grave. Silver will not kill it, fire will not burn it, your only salvation is the ability to aim.

#33 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:41 AM

heh, AC no hit survival seems to vary greatly from player to player. I had noticed that there were times my hits would reg well and they'd melt while with other players they didn't. Not sure if it's ping or what but I finally started piloting them and I get cored, lose arms/legs in a blink.

#34 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 02 November 2015 - 01:15 AM, said:

I play mostly on various lights and can only agree. The spread of an ACH and FS is comparable. However, the ECM, jump capability and firepower make the ACH simply better.

The Wolfie isn't bad either but it tanks not as well as an ACH nor has the jump jets nor the ECM.

Sorry but the only thing the Firestarter doesnt have is ecm, it has more armor than an ACH, has just as good firepower because of quirks and they both have JJ's. The Firestarter and ACH are equal imo. You take the ACH when you want ecm.

The Wolf is actually the most tanky 35 ton light in the game with a STD engine. Its like a mini centurion of old, I have seen many running around with just CT left pouring medium lasers into someones face. It puts a smile on my face.

#35 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:46 AM

View PostObadiah333, on 02 November 2015 - 06:26 AM, said:

Uh, if you are looking for real broken hitboxes, look no further than the wolfhound. Tough is one thing, but I caught one standing still yesterday on river city. Full alpha (2 clan lpl, 3 clan erml), didn't scratch the paint. It was from the side into the arm/torso. It should have been missing an arm. nope. nothing. ragdoll didn't even blink. so stupid.

I'd chalk it up to hit reg or any other number of mind boggling factors. However, the coincidence of how often this happens with light mechs makes me think there is a bigger problem that PGI isn't addressing. Way back in the day, it was the warping commando. Then the spider, which could dance through a whole team and emerge unscathed. Then the cheeto. Now the wolfhound. FIX YOUR %$#%!@$#%$^%$#!^ GAME PGI!

Sometimes I am not sure if it is just hitboxes but a mix of problems of:
1. hitboxes
2. lousy server
3. even lousier hitreg

#36 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostThe Ripper13, on 02 November 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

The sensible side of me says that the greatest nerf the ACH should get is a reduction of bonus structure quirks, and no stupid red quirks...negative quirks are one of the most pointless concepts used so far.

The ACH pilot in me says to deal with it you whiners. ;)

The ACH is only a 30 ton light. The structure buffs put it on an even playing field with the Firestarter and Wolfie. Take that away, and the Firestarter and Wolfie will become superior.

They already nerfed its tiny quirks it came with on launch, people really need to stop complaining about it. Its getting old.

#37 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 02 November 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

The ACH is only a 30 ton light. The structure buffs put it on an even playing field with the Firestarter and Wolfie. Take that away, and the Firestarter and Wolfie will become superior.

They already nerfed its tiny quirks it came with on launch, people really need to stop complaining about it. Its getting old.

The ACH is only a 30 ton light but it matches the Firestarter in firepower, has ECM, has a clan XL, has smaller hitboxes, AND has 15 additional structure per leg?? Really? The ACH absolutely outclasses the the FS9 in terms of survivability and easily keeps up with damage potential.

There is absolutely no reason for the ACH to have any kind of strucutre or armor buffs at all. It would be an incredibly strong light mech regardless.

#38 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostLugh, on 02 November 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

I don't really have trouble hitting ACHs on the field but they take an exorbitant amount of damage to put down compared to other light mechs. Clan XL AND structure bonus quirks is complete overkill.

#39 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:49 AM

View Postpwnface, on 02 November 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

The ACH is only a 30 ton light but it matches the Firestarter in firepower, has ECM, has a clan XL, has smaller hitboxes, AND has 15 additional structure per leg?? Really? The ACH absolutely outclasses the the FS9 in terms of survivability and easily keeps up with damage potential.

There is absolutely no reason for the ACH to have any kind of strucutre or armor buffs at all. It would be an incredibly strong light mech regardless.

ACH has ecm and clan xl. Firestarter has 5 tons on it and quirks. They perform just as good as each other on the battlefield. You seem to want to nerf the ACH again even though PGI already nerfed it due to forum whiners like yourself complaining. If the ACH gets nerfed again I will personally head the petition to nerf the Firestarter quirks because that will only be fair. So how about you take your nerf propaganda and shove it up your ass.

Stop complaining. Its getting old. Getting really old. Its like beating a dead horse. Just cut it out already.

View Postpwnface, on 02 November 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:

I don't really have trouble hitting ACHs on the field but they take an exorbitant amount of damage to put down compared to other light mechs. Clan XL AND structure bonus quirks is complete overkill.

Firestarters and Wolfies are just as bad. Stop complaining.

We have been dealing with the Firestarters for years, the ACH thing is nothing new. Firestarters have been doing this rage quit terrorization of the mwo population for a long time. ACH is just another mech that does the same thing.

Edited by Alwrath, 02 November 2015 - 07:51 AM.

#40 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 02 November 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Firestarters and Wolfies are just as bad. Stop complaining.

Great argumentation, really... which is not even true. Simply because of the Clan XL engine. Weird, so far I had no problems to put Wolfhounds down.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users