83 replies to this topic

#41 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 02 November 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Great argumentation, really... which is not even true. Simply because of the Clan XL engine. Weird, so far I had no problems to put Wolfhounds down.

Guess you havent run into a 5 med STD 250 Wolf then. They are hard to put down. More durable than the cheeto.

#42 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 02 November 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

Guess you havent run into a 5 med STD 250 Wolf then. They are hard to put down. More durable than the cheeto.

Nope, I haven't. However, then they give up firepower and overheat easily

#43 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:03 AM

I was kinda wondering how an AC took a 68 point laser alpha to the face and did not die earlier today...guess this explains it!

WITH SCIENCE! :D

#44 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 02 November 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

Nope, I haven't. However, then they give up firepower and overheat easily

Nope. Has heat gen quirks and extra DHS on it, not to mention a +11 CT structure boost when it already has more armor for being a 35 tonner vs a 30 tonner. And 5 meds is nothing to sneeze at, especially when you can zombie 2 of them, other 2 are in the torso's, and only 1 is in the arm, unlike the cheeto.

Cheeto is a good light, but once its arms are gone it only has 1 laser hardpoint on a torso. It really doesnt have zombie weapons unless you run it without ecm, and even then they are on the torso's which can easily be shot off. The secret to cheetos honestly is shoot it in the torsos, forget the legs.

Take away its teeth, then laugh at its 1 spl.

Edited by Alwrath, 02 November 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#45 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

Four people killed me in ONE second while I was powered down in cheetah! Learn to aim, noobs.

It's totally balanced, deal with it

Posted Image

Only skilled players play cheetah, that's why they doing so well
Spoiler

#46 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:17 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 02 November 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

ACH has ecm and clan xl. Firestarter has 5 tons on it and quirks. They perform just as good as each other on the battlefield. You seem to want to nerf the ACH again even though PGI already nerfed it due to forum whiners like yourself complaining. If the ACH gets nerfed again I will personally head the petition to nerf the Firestarter quirks because that will only be fair. So how about you take your nerf propaganda and shove it up your ass.

Stop complaining. Its getting old. Getting really old. Its like beating a dead horse. Just cut it out already.

Firestarters and Wolfies are just as bad. Stop complaining.

We have been dealing with the Firestarters for years, the ACH thing is nothing new. Firestarters have been doing this rage quit terrorization of the mwo population for a long time. ACH is just another mech that does the same thing.

Dude the ACH is out of balance if you look at it objectively rather than a "don't nerf my toys" mentality. There isn't really a good reason a 30t mech should out tank a 35t mech but still have similar speed and damage, more jump jets, AND ECM.

Have you even looked at the firestarter quirks lately? They really aren't that special anymore.

It's also not nice to tell people to "shove it up your ass" just because someone disagrees with you. Maybe you shouldn't be so emotionally invested in the ACH, it's still going to be an amazing mech after they remove the structure quirks.

#47 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:40 AM

View PostVarvar86, on 02 November 2015 - 02:15 AM, said:

I dont konow whats the true problem - hitboxes lag or structure bugs or both, all i know that standing still Cheetach can catch 2 gauss + 2 PPC Crab alpha in side torso and gone with armor on place and not even orange.
Posted Image

lmao same here. Two 50pt alpha's into a shutdown ACH's right rear ST....He powered up and ran off. I immediately ALT+F4'd out.

#48 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:14 PM

View Postpwnface, on 02 November 2015 - 08:17 AM, said:

it's still going to be an amazing mech after they remove the structure quirks.

I guess PGI hired you to work on quirks then? Since you seem to think this is def going to happen, lol. You are a great troll, I will give you that.

#49 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:18 PM

View Postpwnface, on 02 November 2015 - 08:17 AM, said:

Dude the ACH is out of balance if you look at it objectively rather than a "don't nerf my toys" mentality. There isn't really a good reason a 30t mech should out tank a 35t mech but still have similar speed and damage, more jump jets, AND ECM.

Have you even looked at the firestarter quirks lately? They really aren't that special anymore.

It's also not nice to tell people to "shove it up your ass" just because someone disagrees with you. Maybe you shouldn't be so emotionally invested in the ACH, it's still going to be an amazing mech after they remove the structure quirks.

You fail to realize that 5%-10% of the queue is light mechs and people are going to take the best one available to them.

My favorite light is the SDR 5D and it will always be since they came out.

Thing is for an ACH to kill something it has to be <300m from it which is a really hard thing to do when you have only 200 armor.

#50 Crosell

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

I wish my cute fox had broken hit boxes. Some lights get all the luck :<

#51 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostXetelian, on 02 November 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

Thing is for an ACH to kill something it has to be <300m from it which is a really hard thing to do when you have only 200 armor.

Most combat happens inside 300m. Given that they run clan medium lasers with pulse out to 600m and non-pulse past 800m, I'm not sure your argument is valid anyway.

#52 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:35 PM

View PostRandom Carnage, on 02 November 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

Most combat happens inside 300m. Given that they run clan medium lasers with pulse out to 600m and non-pulse past 800m, I'm not sure your argument is valid anyway.

Most of the people that complain about the mech on the forums are complaining about the SPL build though...

#53 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

When you min/max a build, you have to take the min with the max.

#54 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

I think if the torso mounted weapons were moved to the arms it would help balance the Cheetah.

#55 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostMacster16, on 02 November 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

You know I really don't understand why there's always that one "broken" light that gets "fixed", only for the next one to pop up.

Raven - gets inflated leg hitboxes
Spider - general hitbox inflation
Firestarter - hitreg update makes it more vulnerable
Now we got the Cheetah.

If history tells us anything, expect major ACH nerfs around the time when the next "broken" light gets released (whatever it will be).

Jenner IIC.

#56 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

View PostRandom Carnage, on 02 November 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

Try unloading a double tap of 8 CUAC10's into one of the little sh*ts and watching it run off.

Had this happen to my Arctic Cheetah...I lost half my mech and what was left was flashing deep red. I was not happy about that 4xUAC10 Dire Pilot I stumbled into.

I'm not really sure how other pilots get so lucky, honestly.

It's a decent enough mech - it feels like a Spider that got an option for more hardpoints. I admit the torso hardpoints allow for some trolly things with a pair of ERSL or ERML, but it doesn't really seem so amazing to me - no more so than my other light 'Mechs.

Per usual I think the real trouble lies with ping, light mech speeds, and so on - cause during this event I saw some Firestarters and other light mechs that apparently had tier X shields equipped, cause nothing that visibly touched their mechs was doing damage....

So it's not something unique to the AC.

As for the 6xSPL build hype - that build runs hot as balls. You get a couple bursts off, then you're on coals while you try to run away and cool off. That's an exploitable flaw, people...just sayin'. I had fun exploiting it shooting up other arctic cheetahs during the event, that's for sure.

Edited by Telmasa, 03 November 2015 - 12:02 AM.

#57 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:58 AM

View PostMizeur, on 02 November 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Jenner IIC.

Doubt it. If it has the Jenner hitboxes...

#58 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:03 AM

The sooner they nerf the Arctic Cheater the better.

#59 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:15 AM

So much learn to aim and learn you weapons posts in this thread.

1) PPCs SUCK at HitReg right now, I've seen them warp through DIREWOLVES without doing damage.
2) IS PPCs don't do damage under 90m (just fyi) and if you are fighting an ACH chances are the server thought you were under 90m when it did it's damage calculation.
3) I've said it before, and i'll say it again, LEARN TO AIM.

#60 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:27 AM

I find that the side torso hitboxes on the ACH are huge and get blown off very easily. Also, the arms are large and fragile, I'm usually stick'd down to only a single small pulse laser by the end of most pug matches. I don't know why people are claiming it has godlike invulnerability... mine seem weaker than my Firestarters, and run hotter to boot, and the cSPL burns even longer than the MPL on the FS9-S.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users