Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...de-voting-poll/

#203 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:40 PM

My wife allows me to spend about $7 on this game a month. Till I get the mode selection back I will spend it on soft drinks, that is unless the local store implements voting on what drink I CAN HAVE. Its not a lot of money, but multiply it by how many I hear in game pissed about this, well lets just say that we might have to wait for another company to pick up BT.

On the other hand If they change it before they lose to much of there base, we should thank them by buying something. I like the looks of the new rifleman.

#204 Grothaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

"While it’s true that this new system will mean that players who have previously chosen to de-select a specific game mode will now sometimes need to play the game mode they would have otherwise never played, we feel that this change is the right choice going forward." - November Roadmap

So was the elimination of Conquest intentional?

Considering the player population is at the root of this voting system, and adding more game modes, which would be a good thing will only increase wait times further which is bad thing. Its hard to figure out a compromise that would appeal to everyone and be good for the future of MWO.

Removing Conquest from the game (which is practically what this latest patch has done) at this point isnt the right choice, not until theres a better alternative then just playing Skirmish over and over, or just playing CW, which has become stale and repetitive for alot of players.

My solution would be this, at least for the time being, until new game modes can be added.

Remove either Skirmish or Assault, they are both practically the same game mode, 99% of assault matches dont involve base capping, even though the option is there, so I think eliminating Skirmish would make more sense, but either or.

Include Conquest and Assault matches under the larger umbrella of Community Warfare, effectively making every match a CW match.

To take over a planet, players would have to not only take out the orbital cannons on the planet (Classic CW), but also capture the planets main resource capabilities (Conquest), and also fight for the land/cities (Assault).

Eventually when another game mode is added it would fall under the CW umbrella with the others. There would be alot of kinks to work out with a system like this, but consolidating all matches and players under the CW umbrella would be better for the longterm health of the game.

#205 Phoenix Wolf

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 10 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWatch Starbase I, Deep Periphery

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:09 AM

This patch simplified the game to two game modes and about five maps. Since it's release I've played my battles mostly on HPG,Tourmaline, Mining Collective, Frozen City and Canyon, and only one was a conquest. Other maps were sporadic at best, with the exception of Viridian: you can delete that map 'cause nobody votes it. Grrrrreat work. :wacko: It's unfortunate that I hate these maps now and have no mood to play skirmish on them.

Edited by Phoenix Wolf, 08 November 2015 - 10:28 AM.

#206 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:22 PM

When this started and I had to play my first non challenge capquest match, I thought it would be the norm. As it is these guys are right. The more people learned they could vote the less I saw conquest. That's good for me because I HATE capquest, but for the 5 or so % that like it, well it is no more. The problem is I used to vote no on capquest by deselecting it without affecting the few that like it.

#207 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:55 AM

So they said that

Map and Game Mode Voting Screen

would be a good thing????!!!!

I have only seen Mordor (Terra Firma), Viridian Bog once
Seen mostly almost all the time HPG, Tourmalines, Canyon Network

Now I have a waiting time of varying from 1min to 14mins times, so I have to wait staring at monitor for the selection otherwise I wont get a choice not that it really matters as everyone chooses the same $@%@^ map each time. Can't go make a coffee or anything now while waiting. Only to get into the same map I have played all night. And If i my game crashes while waiting and i cant get back into the game before the match ends. now i get penalized due to the crap ISP in Australia also. And Australia ISP's attitudes are the same, if it is fast within Australia and not outside Australia, it isn't their problem so there's an extra bonus for this game, since we do not have a server here for MWO.

Waited for 1 match 17mins, finally get in, get Tourmalines..... again. passed being surprised. And get serious damaged at initial part of game because of some noob decides to alpha strikes after powering up at beginning of the game. Only to die moments later since lost pretty much my torso. And so I played the waiting game for the next match. Yes this may sound funny but it becomes old quick.

really starting to get sick of this game starting to regret purchasing the other mechs not yet launched since this game feels more like a Mobile Suit Gundam/Robotech FPS with a counterstrike feel about it. As appose to be more like Battletech Mechwarrior.
Shooting through buildings, Knocking over other mechs, craters from missles, splash damage, destroy a platform from below making mechs fall through Where is this. Initially had mechs getting knocked over, and then you took it away. WHY?!!! because some players always fell over... well it about piloting mechs and strategy. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if you took UAC jamming away the way things are going.

I really miss MW2-MW3 little bit of MW4

Posted Image

PS. Send me an e-mail once you removed it, then I will start playing again. And to think I have the Marauder & IIC mechs to look forward to on this crap system. Investing in this game has been a let down and I am sure many feel the same.

Edited by Frozen Spirit Jac, 10 November 2015 - 09:04 AM.

#208 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

Most of us (70%) are waiting for the hotfix that removes voting... Please, PGI, send us an email message when it is done so that we can redownload the game (or just launch it) and start playing!

#209 Bmetranger

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:34 AM

Hmm, they tried this before forcing people to play random game modes. the outcry was horrible and they lost alot of the clan/groups that were playing probably about 30% of the player base at that time. So tell me again what idiot thought it would be a good idea to screw over the players again?

#210 Bmetranger

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:00 AM

So last time they pulled forcing us to play game modes we hated the massive amount of players disconnecting from said game modes forced them to roll back the stupidity within 7 days. So now they force a penalty for disconnect so we can not show our disapproval of their stupidity. I guess you will see alot more players just running out of bounds so they can get to a game mode they like. Good Job PGI you actively try to fail.

#211 d3dReaper

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

Disconnect Penalty System
The automated penalty system releasing in this patch is intended to penalize players for intentionally disconnecting from matches in which the player has not yet been destroyed. Once a match has been found and you are placed into the map and game mode voting screen outlined above, all 24 players are considered to be 'in' an active match. If a player disconnects from the match prior to the destruction of their 'Mech, whether they are still within the voting screen or in the match itself, the player will have 3 minutes to reconnect before a disconnect penalty level is applied. If they reconnect to the match before the 3 minute timer expires, no penalty level will be applied. Once a player has been flagged with a penalty level a delay to their next matchmaking search will be enforced (whether solo or group). The duration of the delay is determined by the current penalty level.
For cases where the disconnect was not intentional, the 3 minute timer is intended to provide players with sufficient time to re-join the match in question. If circumstances prevent a successful re-join within that 3 minutes, the first penalty level is a mere 10 second delay toward the next matchmaking search. It is only when a player purposefully disconnects from multiple matches that the real penalties will begin to pile up.
This is a breakdown of the current penalty levels:
• First Disconnect: 10 second delay for next matchmaking search
• Second Disconnect: 2 minute delay for next matchmaking search
• Third Disconnect: 5 minute delay for next matchmaking search
• Fourth Disconnect: 10 minute delay for next matchmaking search
• Fifth Disconnect: 20 minute delay for next matchmaking search

Each subsequent disconnect beyond the Fifth Disconnect will also enforce a 20 minute penalty.
Penalty levels reset every 4 hours.
All of the above values are tune-able, and may be subject to change depending on how the system plays out in the general population.

So someone please explain how they are going to determine an "Intentional disconnect" and one that is not?
I run on satellite internet and if someone so much as farts in the wrong direction the next county over, I lose connection...
Sometimes that disconnect will last me up to an hour or more and thus I won't be able to reconnect "in three minutes or less"... Why on earth would I be penalized for something out of my control? And before anyone says it, There are no other options where I live and there won't be for a looong time...

I understand trying to discourage the bitchy players who drop matches cause it's not exactly as they like it but I know I am not the only one to run on some form of wireless internet service and you are punishing anyone on those services that are not hardwired to their house......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users