Closed Beta Round 2 Tomorrow? (July 10th)

131 replies to this topic

#81 Lord Cochrane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostTokimonatakanimekat, on 10 July 2012 - 02:21 AM, said:

You are also upside down! :3

No we're not, since the northern hemisphere is heavier due to all that land mass and people and stuff and we all know that the heavy side of a ball always rolls to the bottom.
Therefore the southern hemisphere is actually on top and so we southerners are up the right way and all the northerners are upside down.

Look at that science in action. B)

Edited by Lord Cochrane, 10 July 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#82 Rayspace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 191 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostTokimonatakanimekat, on 10 July 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

I dare you call any products of CCP "roll of paper towels", I double dare you!

CCP produces the best toilet paper out there! Satisfied?

#83 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostLord Cochrane, on 10 July 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

No we're not, since the northern hemisphere is heavier due to all that land mass and people and stuff and we all know that the heavy side of a ball always rolls to the bottom.
Therefore the southern hemisphere is actually on top and so we southerners are up the right way and all the northerners are upside down.

Does it in the space as well, huh?

View PostHarusee, on 10 July 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

They produce the most premium toilet paper, made of fresh babmoo, which is gathered by the virgin girls from ancient samurai clan around the Fuji while full moon shines!

#84 Lord Cochrane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

Of course it does, you just have to look at it the right way. B)

#85 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostLord Cochrane, on 10 July 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

Of course it does, you just have to look at it the right way. B)

Then explain where is the "top" or "bottom" in the space.

#86 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostLord Cochrane, on 10 July 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Look at that science in action. B)

Well, if you suspend a magnet, the north pole of the magnet points to the north magnetic pole and the south pole of the magnet points to the south magnetic pole of the earth.

The whole... compass thing.

So we can conclude that the 'north magnetic pole' is actually south, because unlike poles attract, and the north pole of a magnet/compass is attracted to the north magnetic pole.

Therefore, those in the south are right side up, and those in the north are upside down, if north is taken as up.

In actuality up is any radial line drawn from the centroid of mass of the earth, so the only person who is truly upside down has his head pointing towards the centroid of mass of the earth. However, that wouldn't be as fun to talk about.

#87 Goldfinger

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBlue Tanuki Sake House, Luthien City

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

[redacted] Psyche says he's not a founder.. but has an elite founder's tag?!?!?

#88 Noravar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts
  • LocationValley of the Dragon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostHarusee, on 10 July 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

EVE Online makes Discrete Mathematical Modeling look like a freaking basic math class. I have played EVE for 10+ years it is one of the best games in the world as far as content cause the game is completely player driven and is complicated enough that most people who can't do math normally lose interest. Cause their heads might explode if the game doesn't give you a shiny gold star cause you did something. (IE WoW, CoD, and many more....) 10+ Years and the only measure of "Levels" (I use that loosely) is Skill Points and no one has even touched the cap yet the game is never freakin ending. Don't talk crap about something you have never got "into".

Back on topic, With playing Battletech TT for years and doing many games in the RPG Mechwarriors, from Clan Ghost Bear pilots to Solaris Gladiators. This game is a freaking dream come true combined with Mechwarrior Tactics. Beta keys hopefully are coming and I hope to get one soon before my Joystick breaks from too much MW4 practice.

#89 Malacay

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

Maybe some of you Australians should call the devs and tell them they are late and it's the 11th already B)

Maybe they won't notice your ruse being sleepy and start handing out keys :unsure:

#90 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

0:47

And how would you react if you get invite for beta?

Edited by Tokimonatakanimekat, 10 July 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#91 Rayspace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 191 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

View PostNoravar, on 10 July 2012 - 02:43 AM, said:

EVE Online makes Discrete Mathematical Modeling look like a freaking basic math class. I have played EVE for 10+ years it is one of the best games in the world as far as content cause the game is completely player driven and is complicated enough that most people who can't do math normally lose interest. Cause their heads might explode if the game doesn't give you a shiny gold star cause you did something. (IE WoW, CoD, and many more....) 10+ Years and the only measure of "Levels" (I use that loosely) is Skill Points and no one has even touched the cap yet the game is never freakin ending. Don't talk crap about something you have never got "into".

Back on topic, With playing Battletech TT for years and doing many games in the RPG Mechwarriors, from Clan Ghost Bear pilots to Solaris Gladiators. This game is a freaking dream come true combined with Mechwarrior Tactics. Beta keys hopefully are coming and I hope to get one soon before my Joystick breaks from too much MW4 practice.

I have played EVE off an on since its inception. Unfortunately, its idea of fun is to be an CPA. Battles are either one sided slaughters or organized competitions. The grind needed to obtain hardware is bordering on mindless. The ONE thing that EVE does well is the rule of consequences. If you lose 800 million credits in a ships destruction, oh well, better luck next time! This has a positive side in that it gives the actual instances of combat more intense adrenaline reactions. A player that has spent weeks or more putting a tech 2 ship together and months pushing the skills to be able to operate that ship at a reasonable level has a lot of vested interest in keeping the ship alive. Unfortunately the downside is that battles degenerate into everyone on the losing side of the equation running for a station to dock up and save themselves or running away if they can. While intensely realistic, the game is ponderously slow at most times with moments of sheer joy or terror depending on which side of a battle you are on. I could make a case for it being the best game ever but ONLY from a specific perspective, from MY perspective EVE is a massive example of a game with more promise and potential than it ever managed to actually develop and I certainly hope that MWO does not turn into a time sink that does not reward that time appropriately.

#92 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostHarusee, on 10 July 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

I have played EVE off an on since its inception. Unfortunately, its idea of fun is to be an CPA. Battles are either one sided slaughters or organized competitions. The grind needed to obtain hardware is bordering on mindless. The ONE thing that EVE does well is the rule of consequences. If you lose 800 million credits in a ships destruction, oh well, better luck next time! This has a positive side in that it gives the actual instances of combat more intense adrenaline reactions. A player that has spent weeks or more putting a tech 2 ship together and months pushing the skills to be able to operate that ship at a reasonable level has a lot of vested interest in keeping the ship alive. Unfortunately the downside is that battles degenerate into everyone on the losing side of the equation running for a station to dock up and save themselves or running away if they can. While intensely realistic, the game is ponderously slow at most times with moments of sheer joy or terror depending on which side of a battle you are on. I could make a case for it being the best game ever but ONLY from a specific perspective, from MY perspective EVE is a massive example of a game with more promise and potential than it ever managed to actually develop and I certainly hope that MWO does not turn into a time sink that does not reward that time appropriately.

What if I told you that T2 isn't rare anymore and there is likely no stations in 0.0 space?

#93 Noravar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts
  • LocationValley of the Dragon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostHarusee, on 10 July 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

I feel like you played the same game but seemed to miss everything that made it awesome somehow..... B)

(not trying to get into a flame war)

#94 Rayspace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 191 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostTokimonatakanimekat, on 10 July 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

What if I told you that T2 isn't rare anymore and there is likely no stations in 0.0 space?

I am aware that t2 is common and that there are very few NPC stations if any out in 0.0. My last EVE stint saw me living in a wormhole in a player owned station and doing wormhole raids. This still resulted in battles that were very much like I described. One side slaughters the other or the losing side scatters to the winds and tries to escape and evade. Often the existence of a small fleet, anywhere, brought all other players into hunker down mode as they waited to see what the heck was going on and if it would impact them. Boring long distance travel with boring stake outs and boring resource harvesting/ pve combat does not an exciting game make. Random declarations of war to try and create activity that honestly was little more than the battle situations I describe does not add anything. Add to that the real use of developer exclusive content being provided to specific player groups and it just doesn't seem like a good bargain for my time. My time is valuable and I want to be entertained while expending it.

#95 Rayspace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 191 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostNoravar, on 10 July 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

I feel like you played the same game but seemed to miss everything that made it awesome somehow..... B)

(not trying to get into a flame war)

Your opinion is valid friend. It doesn't invalidate mine. I played and rarely enjoyed EVE. The social interaction with other players was often the most enjoyable aspect of the game. Unfortunately for EVE I can have that type of interaction in a google hangout without paying CCP for a game of which 99% of the end game content will always be out of my reach simply because I have a life that I need to live. I have always enjoyed Battletech and Mechwarrior and find the social aspect to be enjoyable while at the same time allowing for action game play whenever I have time for it without the need to spend hours of each day micro managing a financial empire. I don't really want to be an industrialist, I want to fight battles that affect the universe I am playing in and to enjoy the camaraderie of my fellow players without having to schedule fleet maneuvers that take literally 10 hours to make happen in EvE only to see the other side disband or run away because we are too big for them. Or conversely, having to hide in station for hours because I have been targeted by a larger group that is set upon my destruction. MWO offers us the chance to battle when we have time for it, form groups of players for common cause, and provide entertainment without the waste of time that EVE requires of a player.

#96 Redburn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

OP..... Pure frustrated speculation.....

#97 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:51 AM

so I did the numbers a little while back, and since they will only be inviting from founders for CBT2 until founders run out (this was confirmed in a thread somewhere), if they release keys in batches of 500 like before, a founder has > 5% chance of getting in each round.

#98 Shaedys

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

Well, I'm still hopeful.

#99 Patu

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

I think they will get more in than just 500 per batch.... I think... well i hope B)

#100 Lord Cochrane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostRiin Suul, on 10 July 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

so I did the numbers a little while back, and since they will only be inviting from founders for CBT2 until founders run out (this was confirmed in a thread somewhere), if they release keys in batches of 500 like before, a founder has > 5% chance of getting in each round.

I expect there are a lot more than 10,000 founders (according to Hawkeye's post there was over 10,000 2 weeks ago), still since CBT2 is for stress testing servers hopefully it will be more than 500 per batch.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users