25 replies to this topic

#1 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:20 AM

Basically due to the new penalty for disco, I have come across some players (who I will not drop their names) decided to kill themselves at the start of a match instead by over heating and/or walking out of bounds. Now I do not have any direct links that this is because of the penalty for disco but one could see there being an issue if there is. So what are your thoughts? Have you seen this happening?

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:23 AM

On average, once every five matches someone dies within 1 minute, ramboing in to the middle of the enemy at full speed. I just report them and hope PGI bans their arses.

Edited by El Bandito, 07 November 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#3 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:51 AM

View Postclownwarlord, on 07 November 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

Basically due to the new penalty for disco, I have come across some players (who I will not drop their names) decided to kill themselves at the start of a match instead by over heating and/or walking out of bounds. Now I do not have any direct links that this is because of the penalty for disco but one could see there being an issue if there is. So what are your thoughts? Have you seen this happening?

Before the DC penalty, saw 1-2 DC every other game, maybe every third. Now, none. See some that may have crashed at loading and zero ping/no mech, but that is rather rare.

With the ease of reporting, all suicides/afk/out of bounds/language gets reported. Eventually they will get the hint or leave. Either way the game is better.

#4 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:04 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 November 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

On average, once every five matches someone dies within 1 minute, ramboing in to the middle of the enemy at full speed. I just report them and hope PGI bans their arses.

LOL, those guys haven't figured out it's better to play something else for the next couple of weeks until map/mode voting gets removed from MWO.

Edited by Triordinant, 07 November 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#5 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:14 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 07 November 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

LOL, those guys haven't figured out it's better to play something else for the next couple of weeks until map/mode voting gets removed from MWO.

I would just prefer they hold their breath until then.

#6 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:27 AM

Its not always what you assume. I just had a suicide this morning on HPG Skirmish. I was doing the ramp approach to get on top, the harder one from the G line. Its got a lot of inbound/out of bounds sections, and there are sections where you have to go out of bounds 4-5 seconds if you don't want to fall off. Its easy to navigate if you are paying attention. But I got distracted by chat and lost track of my time and couldn't get back in bounds in time.

As for Leroys, go easy on Light Scouts. What looks like a Leroy to you is just me turning the wrong corner into a mob. Especially at the start of the game.

#7 MazeRunner

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 79 posts
  • LocationThe great white north

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:32 AM

There's what..14 maps in Public matches give or take?
Since the start of this travesty, I suicide on maps I'm bored of playing over and over and over and over and over.

Give me the random queue: better matches and far more coordination even among pug matches.

#8 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:50 AM

"Since the start of this travesty, I suicide on maps I'm bored of playing over and over and over and over and over"

I don't blame you, I've thought of doing the same. More than 60% of my drops have been Skirmish HPG

Right now I just ignore Skirmish and go explore. Eventually I bump into a flank and shoot something, then back to exploring.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 07 November 2015 - 05:51 AM.

#9 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:02 AM

Seriously we have a draconian dev team bent on forcing us to play modes and maps of their choosing while making it look like we as a group decided and we have a community running about policing it for them with reports...

I see this whole thing going down the toilet unless the minority group making all the reports wants to pay the electricity bill and keep the lights on.

Personally i see all these stupid little rules and quirky game mechanics that defy both physics and logic as been far to similar to a bunch of nerds arguing around a table for five hours over a friggin dice roll and a piece of paper.

Make this dam thing a strait forward FPS based on probable and logical physical principles where skill prevails or put it and us out of our bloody misery.

#10 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:02 AM

View PostMazeRunner, on 07 November 2015 - 05:32 AM, said:

There's what..14 maps in Public matches give or take?
Since the start of this travesty, I suicide on maps I'm bored of playing over and over and over and over and over.

Give me the random queue: better matches and far more coordination even among pug matches.

Well, keep it up.

You won't be here long.

#11 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:18 AM

Ah yes, the "deal with it or leave" attitude. How is that working out for CW these days?

Ya know, if PGI forced the laser-metas to drop in their assaults on Terra Therma Conquest for 30 drops straight, you guys would burn the building down.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 07 November 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#12 Xoco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:47 AM

Here is my proposed solution.

Pick the 3rd map, and the mode on the left, no matter what it happens to be. I've been doing it lately. Sometimes if I do it quickly enough, people start following suit, and we get that map-mode. I don't know what the map or mode I just picked--I just know I'm going to pick the 3rd map, and the mode on the left.

Say it with me, "3rd map, 1st mode!"

#13 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:08 AM

To my surprise I had quite a variety from the voting system last night. Haven't see VB yet (I like that map) but I did play Conquest on Alpine Peaks.....

I don't know if I like or dislike the voting system yet. I don't like how you can change your vote though. Once selected, it should be set. I also think that it should be random vote for either map or mode, not both. If you are voting for the map, mode should be totally random. If voting for mode, map should be totally random.

#14 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:09 AM

The fact that they announced all resources devoted to CW and removed player choices in open queues at the same time as imposing penalties tells much about how the deal with it or leave attitude is going for CW, lets face it CW was always a minority and they milked us to finance it's development but try as they might they can't push us all into it.

More will leave than will go in and the money will dry up.

#15 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:15 AM

"More will leave than will go in and the money will dry up."

Yup. Its a death spiral. I'm not sticking around if I can't get at least 33% Conquest. I am SO bored with Skirmish.

Player pool will shrink and matchmaker will revert to its longer wait times. Except the majority of game will be Skirmish on the same cold maps. Over and over and over again.

#16 Seal Farmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:18 AM

View Postclownwarlord, on 07 November 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

Maybe people do it to not play modes they do not like ... or maps they drop on 20 times in a row

#17 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:31 AM

But i like skirmish on hot maps with wub builds, ill even go in center cauldron and fight from below with lpl.

Its the kind of thing can only be pulled off in a pug match obviously but it was glorious when things went well. But the no fun crowd demands we play their way or not at all so the only time ill see any of that action again is during nostalgic viewings of some my old game recordings.

Kickin ass with 6 mpl jester on terra therma is now lost tech ; (

Edited by sneeking, 07 November 2015 - 07:32 AM.

#18 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 07 November 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

With the ease of reporting, all suicides/afk/out of bounds/language gets reported. Eventually they will get the hint or leave. Either way the game is better.

And unfortunately, there is also more collateral damage happening than before. Innocents are being reported and mistakenly acted on by PGI.

#19 Kreytose

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Untill they give us the choices for us to INDIVIDUALY CHOOSE what match types and what what maps we do or do not want, the discos and suicides will continue. PGI is quite frankly to stupid to work with the player base an chooses a method that just promotes further hate for the game.

Edited by Logoth, 07 November 2015 - 11:47 AM.

#20 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

If they Rambo I have no problems with it. People have real life stuff going on. Sometimes it can't wait 15 minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users