#21 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 11 November 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

No one cares. Each time someone post's drama queen style topic like this, pgi gets 100 new players and potentional customers. Just leave, and keep it for yourself please. You wont be missed.

People are now being forced to "vote" for game modes due to alleged long wait times because the player base is increasing?

Posted Image

#22 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 11 November 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

Go play some other multiplayer games for a while. Elite Dangerous is tons of fun. You can be a greedy trader, a filthy despicable bounty hunter, a generous psychopath or a noble pirate among many other things such as a miner, explorer, hero, victim... ah... it's the reason I've spent less time in MWO the past year. I still play MWO... just not as much.

Enjoy some of the fun. :)

You left out a lone Explorer. Which is the only thing that interest me in this game, head out into the back and not know when im coming back. Though i havent played Elite in the past 6 months. I would need to trade before going back however because exploring pays the food and the rent and that's it.

Me on my way back to civilisation, found an earth like planet orbited by a Mars like planet. I didnt go farther than 700ly in my Python and when you want to come back, the small jump range drives you insane.

Posted Image

Edited by DAYLEET, 11 November 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#23 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:25 AM

Posted Image

#24 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostSarlic, on 11 November 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

Temporary- or not; the point is that alot of vets reaches to a point that their patience is running out.

Truth is, a lot of Vets left a long, long time ago. The ones leaving now are just an indication of the staleness of the game, the futility of hoping for more, and fact that PGI continues to sell mech packs while only making a token effort towards content.

OK...now the "But they need to sell mechs to fund the game" crowd can chime in. Fact is they do need to sell mechs to fund the game, but they also need to IMPROVE the game if it's to do anything but be on life support, let alone expand.

That said, there is really no need to leave the game. Just don't support it with purchases. It's free until it closes the doors. It doesn't have to cost a dime to play anymore, but even then you still want to enjoy it or it's a waste of time.

Edited by TLBFestus, 11 November 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#25 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 11 November 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

Truth is, a lot of Vets left a long, long time ago.

And for a good reason when Trannyverse got announced by Ekman.

Or what about the Gold packages of 500 dollars. I mean some players actual got some gold pixels. Damage has been already done in the past.

I look at our current moment and i see nothing that will indicate that this game will try to keep me playing.

Posted Image

Edited by Sarlic, 11 November 2015 - 11:42 AM.

#26 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

No one cares. Each time someone post's drama queen style topic like this, pgi gets 100 new players and potentional customers. Just leave, and keep it for yourself please. You wont be missed.

LOL oh man, thats some good stuff right there

#27 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostMystere, on 11 November 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

People are now being forced to "vote" for game modes due to alleged long wait times because the player base is increasing?

Posted Image

Nope? Im saying that each day someone installs a free to play game. Do you think people that had no idea how it was before voting implementation will complain? I dont think so.

So i doubt PGI will go: "Oh no! thats 3rd drama queen topic this week, we lost 3 players, we must do everything to make them happy!"

If someone's got freaking problem, message PGI themselves, and stop making threads like: "If this doesnt chage i will go away!! QQ"

Edited by MechB Kotare, 11 November 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#28 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostSarlic, on 11 November 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

Posted Image

Still here.

#29 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 11 November 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Nope? Im saying that each day someone installs a free to play game.

That is not what you said:

No one cares. Each time someone post's drama queen style topic like this, pgi gets 100 new players and potentional customers.

#30 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

really ware our they coming from. im sure an lot of people that stop playing our not going to be telling ppl you should go get this game.

but one thing for sure is this game wont be missed

#31 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostMystere, on 11 November 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

That is not what you said:

Metaphorically speaking? I dont know exact number of new players migration, but it surely is higher than amount of players, who think they are somehow more importnant, so they are threatening with their "imleaving" topics, unless their desires have been fulfilled.

#32 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationElite Light Rangers 5

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostMystere, on 11 November 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

lol

#33 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationElite Light Rangers 5

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 11 November 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Metaphorically speaking? I dont know exact number of new players migration, but it surely is higher than amount of players, who think they are somehow more importnant, so they are threatening with their "imleaving" topics, unless their desires have been fulfilled.

You just made yourself look like a fool who has no idea what he is talking about.

You just admitted to completely making up everything your saying but YOU KNOW ITS TRUE.

Time for you to go....

#34 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostJacobei, on 11 November 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

You just made yourself look like a fool who has no idea what he is talking about.

You just admitted to completely making up everything your saying but YOU KNOW ITS TRUE.

Time for you to go....

No not really. I admitted that i have no idea what is the exact number of new players, but im pretty sure its higher than number of players that are "leaving" because they dont like something.

So no, i think i will stay.

#35 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 11 November 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

so they are threatening with their "imleaving" topics, unless their desires have been fulfilled.

Except that's not what happened. OP said he's leaving and explained why. He's not being demanding, just resigned.
When you vilify people by acting like they've done or said things they haven't it does you and your argument no credit.

View PostSarlic, on 11 November 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

But everything feels...half finished and then move on to the next project.

Yeah it's kind of amazing how they dance around doing any large scale coding or changes to the placeholder versions of core game mechanics. Heat, critical health and damage, convergence and weapon mechanics, game modes, the list goes on.

The last and only time I saw a PGI employee playing the game this year I asked them "Are you ever going to implement a finished heat system?" The response was "Why, what's wrong with it?". That's how in tune PGI is.

No one cares.

Indeed?

Edited by no one, 11 November 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#36 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:05 PM

Go play some other multiplayer games for a while. Elite Dangerous is tons of fun. You can be a greedy trader, a filthy despicable bounty hunter, a generous psychopath or a noble pirate among many other things such as a miner, explorer, hero, victim... ah... it's the reason I've spent less time in MWO the past year. I still play MWO... just not as much.

Great ad for why NOT to play Elite: Dangerous.

#37 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 11 November 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

Great ad for why NOT to play Elite: Dangerous.

Hahahaha. What's the matter? Can't handle open play? We don't want you playing it anyways, then. Real men play open. Real men think on their feet. Real men know Elite is better than Star Citizen.

#38 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:11 PM

I dont like to say it, but this game looks like dumb ********. Nope.

#39 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:14 PM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 11 November 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

I dont like to say it, but this game looks like dumb ********. Nope.

It is an intelligent game with lots of depth. It isn't for everyone. That is the life of a space pirate. It beats being a dumbnuts trader.

#40 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 11 November 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Hahahaha. What's the matter? Can't handle open play? We don't want you playing it anyways, then. Real men play open. Real men think on their feet. Real men know Elite is better than Star Citizen.

Can't handle? No. I could handle it just fine.
Don't enjoy? Yes.

Why would I want to play with such low quality people in games that I would never allow into my house? I would rather go back and play Freelancer single player than deal with the likes of people like that. At least with an AI, I know another living person is not deliberately acting that way. I do not desire psychopaths like that in my life even for entertainment.

Real men don't judge their manhood by playing video games.

Edited by Kjudoon, 11 November 2015 - 03:20 PM.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users