Gameplay

86 replies to this topic

#41 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 11 November 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Real men know Elite is better than Star Citizen.

Wait, Star Citizen actually exists? It got made?

#42 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 11 November 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

It is an intelligent game with lots of depth. It isn't for everyone. That is the life of a space pirate. It beats being a dumbnuts trader.

I see a random ****** being a ******. I have enough troubles with the regular ones, this takes the issue on a whole new level. I don't doubt its depth, but its playerbase.

#43 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 11 November 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Can't handle? No. I could handle it just fine.
Don't enjoy? Yes.

Why would I want to play with such low quality people in games that I would never allow into my house? I would rather go back and play Freelancer single player than deal with the likes of people like that. At least with an AI, I know another living person is not deliberately acting that way. I do not desire psychopaths like that in my life even for entertainment.

Real men don't judge their manhood by playing video games.

Hahahahahahahahaha. And you have a PHD in Psychology? There are so many internet psychiatrists these days. Filthy little traders need to learn their place in the pecking order. They can't have all their toys and trinkets for free, now. They first have to pay their taxes!

Nobody said space piracy was cut out for the weak of heart...

#44 Arandmoor

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNewark, CA

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 11 November 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

Russ has already confirmed on Twitter that the laser lock changes are gone for good.

The ECM/infowar changes and nerfs to Clan maximum range are still being tested but look promising. The clan lasers nerfs especially will be nice, as they have stupid long ranges to the point where even the CERML has nearly the same range as IS LLs.

The problem is that they have that kind of advantage in TT and the lore. The clans were never meant to be balanced against the IS.

IMO, they need to only allow all-IS and all-Clan teams, with clan teams not only topping out at 10 mechs (so a binary instead of a company) on top of an overall weight disadvantage.

In my perfect world, you would have the option of choosing both an IS mech and a clan mech when you queued. One would be preferred. If a spot opened up for your non-preferred mech before the preferred mech, you could enter a game in your non-preferred mech. The next time you queued, your preferred mech would then have a queue-advantage, giving the player a sort of control after a while if one side's queue was longer than the other. Additionally, there's no reason clan teams can't fight other clan teams. Same for IS vs IS.

There's really zero reason for teams to have mixed tech.

There's a reason TT uses a BV system instead of straight weight-against-weight. I honestly don't understand how the MWO devs can't grasp that.

I'm all for balancing mechs against all other mechs of their weight class (not counting IS vs Clan). That makes sense given the context of MWO. But making IS the equal of the Clans makes zero goddamn sense.

Edited by Arandmoor, 11 November 2015 - 04:02 PM.

#45 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 11 November 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

I see a random ****** being a ******. I have enough troubles with the regular ones, this takes the issue on a whole new level. I don't doubt its depth, but its playerbase.

Many players in Elite are scared cowards that hide in solo mode because they can't handle confrontation or PvP. But Open mode isn't that bad. If you watch further into the video you'll see scummy Bounty Hunters and then later co-operative traders who happily hand over cargo upon request to satisfy the Galactic Tax Authority (pirates). For the most part it is a civil, evolving and fun place. You never know what to expect.

#46 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 11 November 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

Hahahahahahahahaha. And you have a PHD in Psychology? There are so many internet psychiatrists these days. Filthy little traders need to learn their place in the pecking order. They can't have all their toys and trinkets for free, now. They first have to pay their taxes!

Get that DELETE Dangerous propaganda out of here... That game is no where near as hardcore or as comp/e-sport level that this game is... this game gets 100 people bruh.

Besides you haven't lived until you slave trade piloting a Cobra in that game... Get on my level, son!

Edited by saKhan Ds00 Kerensky, 11 November 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#47 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostArandmoor, on 11 November 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

The problem is that they have that kind of advantage in TT and the lore. The clans were never meant to be balanced against the IS.

IMO, they need to only allow all-IS and all-Clan teams, with clan teams not only topping out at 10 mechs (so a binary instead of a company) on top of an overall weight disadvantage.

There's a reason TT uses a BV system instead of straight weight-against-weight. I honestly don't understand how the MWO devs can't grasp that.

I'm all for balancing mechs against all other mechs of their weight class (not counting IS vs Clan). That makes sense given the context of MWO. But making IS the equal of the Clans makes zero goddamn sense.

In TT, two players would play against each using a set value's worth of mechs. Each player's side would be balanced against the entirety of the other. Some mechs were garbage, but cheap. Dozens of mechs simply served as cannon fodder.

MWO is a real time competitive FPS, where each player controls a single mech. Nobody wants to play inferior mechs against strictly better clan tech. The player count also doesn't support a split queue and balancing 10v12 would be difficult. As a video game, MWO is inspired by TT, but by no means should balance be stifled by the notion that because clans were broken in TT that it's okay for them to be broken here. Each mech should be relatively balanced, and no mech should so obviously more powerful than any other.

Right now Cheetahs, Crows, Timbers and to a lesser extent Dires are strictly better than every other mech in their class. This needs to be fixed and I think the PTS changes are a positive move in that direction.

Edited by Troutmonkey, 11 November 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#48 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 11 November 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

Rrrrriiiiight. Because you need a PhD to tell someone's not right in the head and probably mentally disturbed.

https://www.psycholo...-spot-sociopath

There are no warning signs after all that a layman can spot, understand or recognize.

BTW, on topic, it's best to not do a "I'm leaving" thread just because there is no reason. Most people staying won't care, and those that would care, you're best just emailing them and tell them you're going in case you want to keep contact with them. Otherwise... nope. Just disappear.

Edited by Kjudoon, 11 November 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#49 SpiderMom

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:10 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 11 November 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

No one cares. Each time someone post's drama queen style topic like this, pgi gets 100 new players and potentional customers. Just leave, and keep it for yourself please. You wont be missed.

No, they do not get 100 new players, and out of 100 new players how many will stay for more than a day? Ied be willing to bet that half of then quit within 2 days just because of how confusing and inane the UI is. I have to wonder if failure apologists like you are part of the reason PGI is content to fart out an Alpha phase developed game then just keep tweeking minute insignificant details to the 10th degree instead of actually finishing the game.

#50 SpiderMom

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

and honestly I cant imagine what and old school mech fan thinks when they join this game and see that g rifle has a charge time. They have no loyalty to this game and no reason to stick around just because of the MW title. The game provides quick mech fun that you cant get anywhere else, thats all it has going for it, and thats enough for a lot of people like to log in because we want to shoot things and bring death to the enemy, its not enough for me to spend money on the game or make it my main long term game.

#51 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostsaKhan Ds00 Kerensky, on 11 November 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Get that DELETE Dangerous propaganda out of here... That game is no where near as hardcore or as comp/e-sport level that this game is... this game gets 100 people bruh.

Besides you haven't lived until you slave trade piloting a Cobra in that game... Get on my level, son!

lol!

The Cobra was my favorite ship since last December up until I bought my Clipper a couple of weeks ago. I've created more chaos and trouble in that little ship than anything else... > : ) Muhahahahahahaha.

#52 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 11 November 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

Rrrrriiiiight. Because you need a PhD to tell someone's not right in the head and probably mentally disturbed.

https://www.psycholo...-spot-sociopath

There are no warning signs after all that a layman can spot, understand or recognize.

:)

As an author writing a novel with sociopathic characters in it, I've got a pretty good idea as to what one is. They aren't nice people(on the inside... on the outside they can be quite nice!). But that doesn't make me a qualified professional to diagnose folks online--nor are you. :P

It is funny, really--in the Elite community there are hundreds of these so-called self-qualified professionals. They're funny, too. So much crying and whining over there--kind of like here, but in a different way.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 11 November 2015 - 04:50 PM.

#53 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:06 PM

after deciding not to do the halloween event and instead playing minecraft, i have decided to continue to play minecraft until maurader and iic releases.

blame my little sister for introducing me to minecraft. i had been avoiding it due to graphics that remind me of wolfensteine 3d. way to underestimate something awesome.

also theres a new version of ksp. maybe try that.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 November 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#54 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 11 November 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

No not really. I admitted that i have no idea what is the exact number of new players, but im pretty sure its higher than number of players that are "leaving" because they dont like something.

I'm pretty sure it isn't.

#55 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:27 AM

you're best just emailing them and tell them you're going in case you want to keep contact with them. Otherwise... nope. Just disappear.

How about going out with a bang?

#56 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:34 AM

Anyone claim your stuff yet?

#57 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:28 AM

View Postno one, on 11 November 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Wait, Star Citizen actually exists? It got made?
dunno. Got full refund, few days ago. im done there.

#58 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 11 November 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Real men don't judge their manhood by playing video games.

Real men don't play video games.

#59 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 12 November 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Real men don't play video games.

Posted Image

#60 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:27 AM

View PostTitannium, on 12 November 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

dunno. Got full refund, few days ago. im done there.

You got a full refund for ???? what exactly? Masakari? Phoenix package? How far back.....I may think i should demand a refund also and GTFO!!!!

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users