#61 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 12 November 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

You got a full refund for ???? what exactly? Masakari? Phoenix package? How far back.....I may think i should demand a refund also and GTFO!!!!

bro...

mybe read for what i wrote that comment.
I got full refund for STARCITIZEN.

#62 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 12 November 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Real men don't play video games.

And big girls don't cry

#63 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostTitannium, on 12 November 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

bro...

Dude i don't read or care about anything concerning SC. I didn't realize the context of your statement for all I know it was refund for MWO.

#64 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:51 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 12 November 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

And big girls don't cry

#65 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:13 AM

bro...

That was pretty wise. Though... some of us didn't put much money in it to begin with.

#66 GullyFoyle

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

View PostMystere, on 12 November 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

#67 Capt Stern

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:23 AM

I really like the look and feel of the voting system, but I absolutely hate the effect it has.

Some maps just never get played now, and maps like HPG Manifold just get picked too much. I never had any issues with any particular map before, but now I have hate and disdain for some.

Randomness was fair. It was BALANCE, and BALANCE IS FAIR.

Now you play the game, not at the whim of RANDOMNESS, but at the whim of OTHER PLAYERS. This is wrong, and you are trying to give each player too much of what they desire. Leave that for the mechlab, NOT map/game mode selection.

My queues are also slower than ever, but I think there are fewer logging in because of this map/game mode selection change.

It seems that PGI is trying to cater to the younger 'I want it now my way now' crowd, and forsaking the older players who even made this game happen. And before you youngins get butthurt, accept the fact that this video game is based off a game from the 80s(which involved social contact, and when people had social skills and knew how to act more appropriately).

Edited by Capt Stern, 12 November 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#68 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

#1 problem is NOT PGI. It is we the players.

I want playstyle A.
PGI gives playstyle A.
I don't like playstyle A, I don't have time I want B.
PGI gives B.
Hmm B seems to hard and too much bother, I want C.
PGI gives C.
Hmmm C isn't very involving maybe some of A and B?
PGI says: You wanted A then B and now C and that isn't what you want.....make up your minds? Player group 2 is content why aren't you?
We are bigger than group 2 hence more important-give us what we want now.
PGI says: But when you signed up-we stated it was built around style A, you agreed to this when you started.
We know, we don't care we want what we want stuff group 2 as long as we are happy.

And so on.
Any mode besides deathmatch cannot work, anything requiring us to over rule our wants/desires/egos is destined to fail. PGI CAN'T develop for this game due to the players' own stupid attitudes.

I think a pve more like in Armoured Warfare would be good-but that STILL REQUIRES teamwork and NOT soloism. Which yet again scuppers what a few here seem to want, solowarrioronline. Where solowarrioroffline would be the answer.

I've said goodbye to so many now that left disgruntled at the focus on solo play and this becoming yet another staid team solomatch experience, many of which were $1500+ spenders.
That ain't good news.

Edited by kamiko kross, 12 November 2015 - 10:49 AM.

#69 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 12 November 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

#1 problem is NOT PGI. It is we the players.

I want playstyle A.
PGI gives playstyle A.
PGI gives B.
PGI gives C.
PGI says: You wanted A then B and now C and that isn't what you want.....make up your minds? Player group 2 is content why aren't you?
We are bigger than group 2 hence more important-give us what we want now.
PGI says: But when you signed up-we stated it was built around style A, you agreed to this when you started.
We know, we don't care we want what we want stuff group 2 as long as we are happy.

And so on.
Any mode besides deathmatch cannot work, anything requiring us to over rule our wants/desires/egos is destined to fail. PGI CAN'T develop for this game due to the players' own stupid attitudes.

I think a pve more like in Armoured Warfare would be good-but that STILL REQUIRES teamwork and NOT soloism. Which yet again scuppers what a few here seem to want, solowarrioronline. Where solowarrioroffline would be the answer.

I've said goodbye to so many now that left disgruntled at the focus on solo play and this becoming yet another staid team solomatch experience, many of which were $1500+ spenders.
That ain't good news.

Totally disagree and you are completely wrong about the player base being the main problem. PGI has the control here. They are the ones who have the game in this state. They bit off more than they can chew. If the game was more robust aside from decent PFS mech combat there wouldn't be a problem even if they let players play the maps and modes they want elusively. I prefer variety so I like all maps and all game modes but since I have played those for so long it gets boring and tedious. There is nothing to do in this game other than shoot mechs. I do agree that everyone plays selfishly usually only looking out for themselves but PGI is definitely the reason the game is like it is.

#70 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

Personally, I won't be departing :)

I like the franchise, I like the IP, I like the first person mech pilot point of view.

There are many problems with MWO and PGI ... game design, balance, maps, systems interaction (eg. LRM, ECM, BAP, TAG, NARC) needed to be better thought out.

PGIs communication with their fans and customers has to be among the worst I have ever seen from a game company. They completely ignore their own forums and most of the interaction appears to be 140 character comments from the company president on twitter. All I can do is LOL at that.

Not only that, the president seems to have far too much influence over game design which seems to be far outside his area of expertise.

So ... yes I have a lot of concerns about PGI ... but the core game they showed in closed beta is still fun to play today ... despite what would at least feel like their efforts to drive it into the ground.

As I result, I just roll with whatever they decide to do and judge each change on its own merits.

Balance WILL change. Mechanics WILL change. Change is NOT BAD. I even more or less liked the laser change but I thought it was a bit complex for many to understand quickly ... but it would have been an interesting change. I really didn't understand a lot of the angst about it unless it was may folks fearing their favorite laser vomit builds were being nerfed ... but please be aware they WILL be nerfed sometime soon.

Anyway, PGI needs to get the balance sorted out ... increase time to kill a bit ... get a better balance between clan and IS mechs.

One thing that seems clear from threads like these are that many people DON'T like change, even necessary change. Changes tend to divide the player base, those that don't mind them continue to play ... those that hate them leave. However, many of the changes usually won't attract new players or attract players who have previously left. PGI needs to get the game into a decent spot for balance and then revert to making minor changes that people grumble about but won't be as tempted to quit over. At least if they want to keep going in the long term and retain players after their release on steam ... assuming that actually attracts any significant number of new players.

#71 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:12 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 12 November 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

I want playstyle A.
PGI gives playstyle A.
PGI gives B.
PGI gives C.

I assume you're talking about this Russ Bullock town hall notes thing?

" A: You just spent 30 mins asking me questions about how ill make it meaningful and competitive for you, so that its not you stomping pugs, and I expressed some ideas how it would help that and your answer back was that youd just join the same faction and be an in alliance and not fight each other anyhow. You said you want to fight, you want competition, but now you want to play together and stomp pugs together? If that's fun for you, then limit size of units and let it be huge and not have competitive matches. "

See, there's a problem when a game developer charges his players with maintaining the system so it's fun for people. That's like programming a multiplayer online chess game that let's people preform an en passant with any piece and then feeling put upon because people will do so.

As far as PGI changing anything actually significant to game play . . . PGI acts terrified of making little changes and completely unable to make big changes. Additions like the academy seem to be possible. The UI was improved a bit, but generally left more room for improvement.

Why not throw out ghost heat and try a completely new heat system? Throw together a logistics system for CW? They have a test server. Are they so mired in procedure that they can't experiment? The most hopeful sign I've seen is that they tried that laser lock on / damage reduction 'Mechanic and then threw it out. It would have been even MORE hopeful if they'd tried a system people have actually suggested, like extreme range convergence. . . but willingness to admit their own ideas aren't infallible is a good step.

View PostMawai, on 12 November 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

One thing that seems clear from threads like these are that many people DON'T like change, even necessary change.

I think people are more frustrated with is actually a lack of change. What PGI more often does is fidget with or outright remove (Repair and rearm, anyone?) badly implemented and heavily band-aided game systems instead of changing them for something that works or adding game features.

Edited by no one, 12 November 2015 - 03:24 PM.

#72 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:17 PM

bro...

Why? It's got EVERYTHING that people criticize MWO for NOT having.

Professional Devs and experienced game making leadership
Millions in capital
Immersive environment
Open world

So on and so forth.

I mean, if anything you should have tried to get a refund from MWO, all it has is a playable game.

#73 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:42 AM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 11 November 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Nope? Im saying that each day someone installs a free to play game. Do you think people that had no idea how it was before voting implementation will complain? I dont think so. So i doubt PGI will go: "Oh no! thats 3rd drama queen topic this week, we lost 3 players, we must do everything to make them happy!" If someone's got freaking problem, message PGI themselves, and stop making threads like: "If this doesnt chage i will go away!! QQ"

So your opinion is that it's ok for people to quit (or be driven away by callous, unthinking, unreasonable discussions) because there are lots of people just randomly downloading F2P games whose popularity, like MWO's, is measured in the thousands, and the low thousands at that?

This thread was not about "do what I say or I quit." It was about a general malaise that is infecting the playerbase. In fact, I'm going to go so far as to compare PGI to Dr. Evil and Mini-Me (LAZORS!!!!!).

You have your opinions and you state them quite forcefully. So, given that it doesn't matter whether people leave because for each of them that does, the base grows by 99, can you explain queue times combined with tiers being combined in addition to map and mode voting? Because the most likely cause is that there aren't 99 players coming in for each "I quit" post made.

But then, I'm probably wrong.

#74 Hit Mech

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:51 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 11 November 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

Great ad for why NOT to play Elite: Dangerous.

Thanks, but looks boring. Hate the music.

I had high hopes for MWO. Played table top a long time ago. I begain watching MWO back during beta and jumped in after go-live. Given all the bad moves from the PGI powers that be, some of which gave a hopeless and depressing look into their thinking pattern, I'm thinking of walking away from the game too. I think I'm still playing only because I'm too lazy to find another game. And man, do I regret all the money I've blown.

Edited by Hit Mech, 15 November 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#75 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:16 AM

:unsure: I still hope this game will be good someday. Tired though.
Lets see how game will change for steam release.

#76 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 11 November 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

As an author writing a novel with sociopathic characters in it, I've got a pretty good idea as to what one is. They aren't nice people(on the inside... on the outside they can be quite nice!). But that doesn't make me a qualified professional to diagnose folks online--nor are you. Posted Image

It is funny, really--in the Elite community there are hundreds of these so-called self-qualified professionals. They're funny, too. So much crying and whining over there--kind of like here, but in a different way.

And you are trying to recruit people into the game? You are quite the spokesperson, I'll admit. I had been interested in looking at it. But if it's populated with people who think hassling others is the epitome of fun, I'll go play something else. Thanks for the warning.

Posted Image

#77 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

I never liked space games. Althought Star Citizen and Elite looks good. But i don't like space games more of a mech man.

Edited by Sarlic, 15 November 2015 - 07:16 AM.

#78 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostZibmo, on 15 November 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

And you are trying to recruit people into the game? You are quite the spokesperson, I'll admit. I had been interested in looking at it. But if it's populated with people who think hassling others is the epitome of fun, I'll go play something else. Thanks for the warning.

Being a space pirate is not harassing other players. It is playing the game how it is meant to be played. Space piracy is one of the principal ways to play that the game advertised since its inception.

SO... sorry, take your judgmental attitude and go -->.

I'm one of the nice ones. I don't shoot first.

#79 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 15 November 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Being a space pirate is not harassing other players. It is playing the game how it is meant to be played. Space piracy is one of the principal ways to play that the game advertised since its inception.

SO... sorry, take your judgmental attitude and go -->.

I'm one of the nice ones. I don't shoot first.

Thanks for saving me the cash. As for judgmental: you have the choice to play a douche (aargh matey, cuz pirates be cool, right?) or not. And you chose...?

#80 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

View PostZibmo, on 15 November 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

Thanks for saving me the cash. As for judgmental: you have the choice to play a douche (aargh matey, cuz pirates be cool, right?) or not. And you chose...?

I chose to play the game.

Where's your PHD in Psychiatry?

......... Didn't think so. Believe it or not, lots of players enjoy being pirated. Pirates make up an extremely small sliver of the population--less than 1% because it is so hard to do and somehow manage to be profitable at it. It is the hardest skill in the game to learn. And it is supported by the developers as a legitimate profession.

And yes, pirates are cool.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 15 November 2015 - 07:47 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users