Daily Sorties...

13 replies to this topic

#1 Blhurr

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:44 AM

Because the game is more fun when there are metagoals as we have during competitions. I am not a Blizzard fan dude but they really struck gold with daily quests. Simply put I think having cool daily sorties would enhance my enjoyment of the game. I really enjoy playing more and to play more often when PGI is hosting an event. It's almost boring in between events.

It might also be a cool way to shift the meta as well such as...

Daily Sortie: Inflict 10k damage with AC2s.
Daily Sortie: Prevent 10k damage with AMS.
Daily Sortie: Cover 60 mechs with ECM.
Daily Sortie: Earn 50k Cbills by capturing a conquest point.

#2 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:50 AM

you know what is happening, when we have "events" ? all go full-tard for the goal, no matter, team killing, suiciding, griefing, lrming, wubing, meting.

#3 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:00 AM

View PostBlhurr, on 11 November 2015 - 05:44 AM, said:

Because the game is more fun when there are metagoals as we have during competitions. I am not a Blizzard fan dude but they really struck gold with daily quests. Simply put I think having cool daily sorties would enhance my enjoyment of the game. I really enjoy playing more and to play more often when PGI is hosting an event. It's almost boring in between events.

It might also be a cool way to shift the meta as well such as...

Daily Sortie: Inflict 10k damage with AC2s.
Daily Sortie: Prevent 10k damage with AMS.
Daily Sortie: Cover 60 mechs with ECM.
Daily Sortie: Earn 50k Cbills by capturing a conquest point.

Double post?

#4 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:14 AM

I like the concept but Titannium is 100000000000% correct. SOME people around here cannot be trusted with the power they wield.

#5 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:49 AM

You can set goals for yourself.

For example:
- get a positive W/L and K/D with every owned mech
- master every owned mech
- elite all mechs without using DHS
- get a positive W/L on every map and every game mode

If daylies would be the same for all, it would be similar to what we experience during events.
If they would be different for every player it could work, but then players would start complaining that they couldn't finish a daily, because they couldn't play the required game mode, or because they stand no chance with such a loadout, nobody uses LRMs, or the used mech can't use the weapon required for the daily.

#6 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:47 AM

My suggestion for Daily Missions

#7 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostTitannium, on 11 November 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

you know what is happening, when we have "events" ? all go full-tard for the goal, no matter, team killing, suiciding, griefing, lrming, wubing, meting.

Posted Image

People who really behave badly behave badly most of the time anyway, I wouldn't use the occasional freakout over weekend events dissuade a daily objective. Plus, weekend events tend to take quite a few games (20~30+) to earn a fairly nice prize. People are far more desperate to earn that than what a small daily goal would be. We already have 1 anyway (X2 XP on a win per chassis per day), I wouldn't say that has caused any grief.

I don't really think daily goals are THAT bad of an idea.

#8 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostTitannium, on 11 November 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

The problem with events is that everyone has the same goals and every goal floats around damage.
Daily duties must be individual and not all damage based, like wining 3 matches or land a PPC hit on a jumping enemy mech'.

#9 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:58 AM

I play this stupid pay-to-win F2P browser Card Game called Summoner's Legion. They have daily individual and guild tasks that give decent rewards.

I play MWO about every other week on average.

I've logged into that stupid card game every single day without fail for the last 6 months. :3

#10 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:18 AM

View PostElizander, on 11 November 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

I play this stupid pay-to-win F2P browser Card Game called Summoner's Legion. They have daily individual and guild tasks that give decent rewards.

I play MWO about every other week on average.

I've logged into that stupid card game every single day without fail for the last 6 months. :3

i'll check it out, thanks for the suggestion - i can't stand mwo this patch and the next patch looks like it will also be painful

#11 FitzSimmons

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:23 AM

Love the idea, OP, especially if entailed non-standard weaponry or build choices.

The thought of a game with 24 mechs with AC2s makes me chuckle.

#12 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:41 AM

I like the idea, and there's a lot of potential variety in there.

I'm thinking something like Hearthstone uses would be good. Win 3 games with light mechs, hit with 100 PPC shots, etc. I also like that you can accumulate up to 3, and exchange 1 per day.

The key is that they have to have something to do with winning a game. You (obviously) don't want to have goals like jump 500 meters, or fire 1000 missiles. If it can be achieved by spamming stuff it will probably lead to problems.

First win of the day is nice, but double XP is only meaningful until the mech is mastered. Maybe if it became double cbills when you master the mech.

#13 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

If they insist on adding CoD style features, there is a ton of Kill X with X things in that game series. Dirty Bomb also has dailies in a similar fashion.

#14 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 11 November 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

Daily duties must be individual and not all damage based, like wining 3 matches or land a PPC hit on a jumping enemy mech'.

I would love that. great idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users