#161 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hayden,

This is what I wanted to do with the MechWarrior "wings" (like pilot wings, only for 'Mechs) I developed for our gameplay about twelve years ago, with these new ones based on Alex' new Catapult design...

Posted Image (I know this is pixellated quite a bit, but this is what it came down to from the 751 wide image I have)

...and, following, is what the future wings were, and will be again, depending on MWOs longevity, and the introduction of the Timberwolf into general proliferation...

Posted Image (Okay, the new 'wings', on comparison, are better, so that just means I'll have some more work to do, hehe.)

Whaddya think, gang?

#162 Bilskirnir_

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

Man all those look really impressive (Scroll through this topic fast first time so i could see them ALL).

I've only done a few revitalization on unit insignias which i added more detail to them, but the Vector style you use it pretty sweet.

Curious what you'd do with the 8th orloff Grenaider's symbol.
Either way go 8th Orloff Grenadiers!
Old version: http://dl.dropbox.co...0Grenadiers.jpg

Here's my version. (NO Peeking if you decide to take the challenge!)
http://dl.dropbox.co...0Grenadiers.png

#163 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 04 January 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Hayden,

This is what I wanted to do with the MechWarrior "wings" (like pilot wings, only for 'Mechs) I developed for our gameplay about twelve years ago, with these new ones based on Alex' new Catapult design...

Posted Image (I know this is pixellated quite a bit, but this is what it came down to from the 751 wide image I have)

...and, following, is what the future wings were, and will be again, depending on MWOs longevity, and the introduction of the Timberwolf into general proliferation...

Posted Image (Okay, the new 'wings', on comparison, are better, so that just means I'll have some more work to do, hehe.)

Whaddya think, gang?

Man, yours turned out awesome! Really well done (I'm so glad they released the orthographic views for the Catapult), that's definitely something you should be proud of. Good work! Much better with access to the original art. ;)

ED:

View PostDigitalStef, on 04 January 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Man all those look really impressive (Scroll through this topic fast first time so i could see them ALL).

I've only done a few revitalization on unit insignias which i added more detail to them, but the Vector style you use it pretty sweet.

Curious what you'd do with the 8th orloff Grenaider's symbol.
Either way go 8th Orloff Grenadiers!
Old version: http://dl.dropbox.co...0Grenadiers.jpg

Here's my version. (NO Peeking if you decide to take the challenge!)
http://dl.dropbox.co...0Grenadiers.png

That is a pretty sweet job! Did you also do the repaint for the 8th Orloff Grenadiers Hunchback in November? That stuck with me as a pretty good job. Your version of the insignia turned out awesome, I looked, but don't worry, I'm a man of honor :D should I do it, I assure you it will be my own work :D

View PostVinnySlick, on 03 January 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Fantastic project! Great work so far!

I would love to see some more Marik units here, so many great insignias to choose from...

How about 25th Marik Militia?

The only color insignia I have ever been able to find for the 25MM is this tiny, blurry, crappy 60x60 icon on Sarna...

http://cf.sarna.net/...rik_militia.jpg

Yeah, I actually have a decent image for the 25th's specific symbol in my own little cache of reference pieces. As I've said before, I'm really short of time now, but maybe, just maybe, you'll see something soon.

Edited by Hayden, 04 January 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#164 Bilskirnir_

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Ok sounds cool who knows I've been wanting to paint an unit emblem on a shirt and a lot of the ones you made on here look pretty sweet so i could possible make a shirt or two based off of some of those designs if you don't mind.

#165 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostHayden, on 04 January 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

Man, yours turned out awesome! Really well done (I'm so glad they released the orthographic views for the Catapult), that's definitely something you should be proud of. Good work! Much better with access to the original art. :D
Most assuredly. Thank you for the compliment... looking at it several hours after completing work on it, I'm satisfied that it's alright.

#166 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostDigitalStef, on 04 January 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Ok sounds cool who knows I've been wanting to paint an unit emblem on a shirt and a lot of the ones you made on here look pretty sweet so i could possible make a shirt or two based off of some of those designs if you don't mind.

Haha, I don't own the rights, but the honor would be all mine, if not the money ;D

View PostKay Wolf, on 04 January 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

Most assuredly. Thank you for the compliment... looking at it several hours after completing work on it, I'm satisfied that it's alright.

Good, you should be.

#167 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:12 AM

Hayden, ya have anything for the Chancellor?? as far as an avatar to go on the mechs? should they allow us to do this?

The old MPBT or ISW avatar looks like a big green duck...not impressive.

Anything? :D

#168 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostMetro, on 05 January 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

Hayden, ya have anything for the Chancellor?? as far as an avatar to go on the mechs? should they allow us to do this?

The old MPBT or ISW avatar looks like a big green duck...not impressive.

Anything? :D

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about a Capellan insignia? Or..? Sorry for the confusion :D

#169 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

Yes sir.... let me upload what has been used in the past. I have looked till I am blind in source books, for insignias or avatars the chancellors had on the Mechs. But I have yet to find anything, except Unit Insig's like, the Red Lancers, or Sian or Prefectorate guards etc....

#170 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

here is the Green Duck I was talking about. It is the only Insignia or Avatar I have seen used for the Chancellor since ummm 1998??? or there abouts?

Posted Image

#171 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostMetro, on 05 January 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

here is the Green Duck I was talking about. It is the only Insignia or Avatar I have seen used for the Chancellor since ummm 1998??? or there abouts?

Posted Image

OH! That! Haha. Um, sure, I can look into doing some work on it, it's gonna be a little difficult given the dearth of reliable info, but I can look into it for you.

ED: I actually found an earlier reference, the cover of the Succession Wars board game has Max Liao wearing a set of these. That actually Gives me a much better idea of what I can do with 'em. I think I have a direction to take it now.

ED: And this is what I came up with.
Posted Image

Edited by Hayden, 05 January 2012 - 01:56 AM.

#172 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

Is it really, I mean... a duck? :D

#173 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

Thanks Hayden, I am still looking around the net. I have found nothing. Alot of repeats or the same ole' same ole'.

@ Addy....

Doesnt it look like a duck to you? or and Eagle with the mumps?? I actually dont think it has anything relevant to Liao, that I can confirm.

So unless an old school Player can explain its importance, I really rather get away from using the green duck. :D

#174 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:09 AM

View PostMetro, on 05 January 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

Thanks Hayden, I am still looking around the net. I have found nothing. Alot of repeats or the same ole' same ole'.

@ Addy....

Doesnt it look like a duck to you? or and Eagle with the mumps?? I actually dont think it has anything relevant to Liao, that I can confirm.

So unless an old school Player can explain its importance, I really rather get away from using the green duck. :D

That's the trick. I'm not even sure where this turkey comes from! I don't even believe the one you posted is canon, though like I said, Max Liao is wearing one very similar to it on his lapels on the cover of Succession Wars, which is of... ambiguous value, since a lot of the stuff from that product was retconned (Looking at you Blackwind Lancers, Amphigean LAG, a boat load of insignia and others). Anyway, the one I came up with is a kind of "best fit". I think it could serve, but it ain't canon, and there are no text references that I am aware of. Sarna doesn't even list an insignia for that office, so for all we know there simply isn't one.

#175 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

Alright. For tonight we have a selection of Marik Militia Insignia. All done January 5th, 2012.

1st Marik Militia
Posted Image
10th Marik Militia
Posted Image
13th Marik Militia
Posted Image
18th Marik Militia
Posted Image
25th Marik Militia
Posted Image
EDIT: For all you Mariphiles: this is the house Marik insignia, based off the one Piranha has floating around here.
Posted Image
EDIT: Fairly long-standing request. This is a custom insignia for a player unit.
Posted Image

EDIT: I made up a couple insignia for the Oriente Hussars, specifically the 1st, 3rd and 4th. These were done on the 9th of January.

1st Oriente Hussars
Posted Image

3rd Oriente Hussars
Posted Image
4th Oriente Hussars
Posted Image

Thanks for watching.

ED: As an aside, I won't be taking any more requests for now. Things are really getting busy here. Any current requests are considered "grandfathered" and will get the same attention I would normally give. Expect infrequent updates, but it won't be like it has been up to this point.

Edited by Hayden, 09 January 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#176 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:21 AM

Don't shoot me Marys, but those Militia icons look pretty awesome without all the purple/pink cluttering them up. Nice work again Hayden.

Also, should anyone desire the Insignia Recognition GIMP/PhotoShop file so they can make their own, let me know via a private message and I can make it available to you.

Edited by Dihm, 05 January 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#177 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:05 AM

Thanks Hayden!! Much appreciated.

#178 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Filled out the "Marik" post on pg. 9 (#175) with assorted insignia from the Oriente Hussars.

#179 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

Alright, I think this is basically going to turn into a weekly affair, as opposed to several times a week like has been going. This batch is predominantly Fusiliers of Oriente insignia. While making these I tried to keep a somewhat unified theme with colors (which are based off the old FO colors), though this was not always possible. Hope you guys enjoy. (All images made between the 7th and 11th of January)

Fusiliers of Oriente, Old insignia.
Posted Image
Fusiliers of Oriente Ducal Guard (conjectural colors)
Posted Image
1st Fusiliers of Oriente (conjectural colors)
Posted Image
2nd Fusiliers of Oriente (conjectural colors)
Posted Image
3rd Fusiliers of Oriente (conjectural colors)
Posted Image
4th Fusiliers of Oriente (conjectural colors)
Posted Image
5th Fusiliers of Oriente (Conjectural Colors)
Posted Image
And now a little filler. First a hold-over from the Marik Militia dump a few days ago. 2nd Marik Militia.
Posted Image
And last a couple Merc units. Carson's Renegades (old insignia)...
Posted Image
...and last but in no way least, the 21st Centauri Lancers.
Posted Image
Thanks for watching!

#180 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostHayden, on 11 January 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Fusiliers of Oriente, Old insignia.
Posted Image

Errr, it looks cool, but what the heck IS it? An eye of something, obviously. Looks like some weird alien lizardbat.

1st Fusiliers of Oriente (conjectural colors)
Posted Image
3rd Fusiliers of Oriente (conjectural colors)
Posted Image

:P Awesome.

5th Fusiliers of Oriente (Conjectural Colors)
Posted Image

First thing I thought when I saw this was "Clanners!?" I guess the Star Adder rank symbols were stuck in my head or something. This is a Star Commander:
Posted Image

As always, nice work! :P

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users