ISN News Flash

54 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel Wraith

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

this means Horhiro Kurita is stationed on Turtle Bay with the 14th legion of vega as both Hanse an Theodore posted there sons as far away from front lines to bad they didnt realize they would soon be on the front lines of an invasion force 300 years in the making

oh yeah an there is also the turtle bay massacare done by the CSJ aswell both princes barely make it off the world as there over run by the clans

#22 Toothman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 557 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostTurigand, on 10 July 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

.. and so it begins.

Wrong universe but +1 for working a Kosh quote into something :-)

#23 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostTurigand, on 10 July 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

.. and so it begins.

Hey, I wanted to say that.

I better wait for the Kellhounds to go pirate hunting then...

#24 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationUSA's Caustic Valley: Arizona

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on 10 July 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

In Davion royal tradition, one cannot become the First Prince without having undergone military service. Victor is fulfilling his royal duty, by working with those who fight to protect his realm so that he understands their sacrifice... and partakes in it, should war come upon us.

So that's how he will go from Prince-designate to First Prince? Thanks for clearing this up. As a member of Liao, I'm not as accustomed to such traditions.

#25 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostRenegadeMaster, on 10 July 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

So that's how he will go from Prince-designate to First Prince? Thanks for clearing this up. As a member of Liao, I'm not as accustomed to such traditions.

Yes, though his father (Hanse Davion) is currently the sitting First Prince. Victor will not take up that mantle until his father passes.

However, his sister Katherine would never be able to be First Prince, because she has no military service. (If she did, and the mantle fell to her, she would be called First Prince even as a female)

#26 redplauge

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

well if i remember the book correctly; the 12th wasnt exactly happy to get a fresh green leftenant, even if he was automatically upgraded to captain (due to who he is). otoh he did eventually prove himself long before the clans finally show up. (and it was his plan that gave CJF a black eye on twycross later)

#27 Zoghak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

now please give us the victor as the next mech. the prince needs a special mech you know :D

#28 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Oh how i hate that stupid Victor(the mech)
I much prefer classier mechs, like the Atlas.

#29 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

View Postredplauge, on 10 July 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

well if i remember the book correctly; the 12th wasnt exactly happy to get a fresh green leftenant, even if he was automatically upgraded to captain (due to who he is). otoh he did eventually prove himself long before the clans finally show up. (and it was his plan that gave CJF a black eye on twycross later)

If we are looking into the future, I foresee Victor blackening JF's eye, and then leading the complete destruction of Smoke Jaguar. He will then face a Trial of Refusal for the entire Clan invasion... and win. He will then take up the mantle of leading ComStar until his 'sister' betrays him, defeat her, and restore proper rule to the Lyran Commonwealth. When the Word of Blake rise up he will help lead the coalition that eventually defeats them, despite a failed early attempt to retake Terra. Eventually, when the WoB is defeated and the Republic is set up, he will be among the first Paladins - where he will help to protect the fledgling country against threats from without and within.

The man is pretty much the hero of the entire BattleTech saga!

#30 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

I havent received any application by this so called prince? who's that? :blink:

~VF

(CO german 12th Donegal Guards Chapter)

#31 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

...and here we have the beginning of the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy!!! Yayyy!!!

#32 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

"Trell? That backwater world? Nothing ever happens there!" :blink:

#33 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostMarineballer, on 10 July 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

I cant describe how i feel in this moment :blink:

...but... why do you have a Steiner flag? Victor supported the FedSuns... didn't he?

#34 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostKalenn, on 10 July 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

...but... why do you have a Steiner flag? Victor supported the FedSuns... didn't he?

At this point in time (3049) the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns are one massive alliance: the Federated Commonwealth. Victor's father and mother were the rulers of those two realms, and when they married they formed a political alliance which stood through the fourth succession war and Clan invasion. It was Victor's sister who eventually broke the alliance: she treacherously murdered her mother (and father too, if you ask me) and then usurped Victor's rule while he was away fighting the Clans. She turned the Lyran side of the alliance against the Davions (FedSuns), and the blood of the civil war that followed is on her hands. Victor did lead the FedSuns to victory in that conflict, but at the cost of much loss of life.

#35 PrometheusGhost

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

10th Lyran Guard RCT is where it would be at. Even if it was Steiner-based the unit eventually became Davion.

#36 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

Surprised daddy Hanse didn't keep Vic closer to home. I hear he did well in the Nagelring, so it's good to have him this side of Terra. Maybe he'll take more after his mother than his egotistical old man.

#37 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostAlistair Steiner, on 10 July 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Surprised daddy Hanse didn't keep Vic closer to home. I hear he did well in the Nagelring, so it's good to have him this side of Terra. Maybe he'll take more after his mother than his egotistical old man.

The only Steiner-Davion offspring we need to worry about is Katherine. Honestly, how did Hanse and Melissa raise so many good kids... and then one who isn't just a 'black sheep', but is actually murderous and power-hungry? Where'd they go wrong? :)

#38 Falcorth

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationOttawa Canada

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

A True Leader should know his military... It even shows the commoners that He is willing to get dirty... So with that he earns the respect of his subjects..

#39 RedFoxsi

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWalnut Creek, Ca

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Victor was a very smart leader more fair and just than most. he was saddened by his fathers death and tried to be his dad and clung to his dads plans.. hes dad was all he knew as a model for being a leader well that and his mother..

Victors sister was a worthless parent killing trash.

Victor has honor and his troops mater to him.

Edited by RedFoxsi, 10 July 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#40 Lokust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouthern Michigan

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

<conspiracy theory>

I wonder if this posting to Trellwan is in any way a response to Hohiro Kurita getting posted to Turtle Bay

</conspiracy theory>

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users