ISN News Flash

54 replies to this topic

#41 Daniel Wraith

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Its not a Theory it was in the books about Hanse telling why Victor was appointed to the 12th on some backwater world due to leaked intel from the Drac of Horios posting to Turtle Bay which was as far away from the Drac fedcom boarders as neither Leaders was willing to risk the heir apparents if shootong started an the tensions between the two houses as still pretty strained

an what i can remeber from the books the 12th felt like they were babysitting Vic an Vic felt the posting was a banishment but then thats Hanse Do as I say attitude

an when the FJ did attack Vic showed himself well as a pilot as only left when he was forced to do so otherwise he would have died then an there

#42 buckaroo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostDaniel Wraith, on 10 July 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

Its not a Theory it was in the books about Hanse telling why Victor was appointed to the 12th on some backwater world due to leaked intel from the Drac of Horios posting to Turtle Bay which was as far away from the Drac fedcom boarders as neither Leaders was willing to risk the heir apparents if shootong started an the tensions between the two houses as still pretty strained

an what i can remeber from the books the 12th felt like they were babysitting Vic an Vic felt the posting was a banishment but then thats Hanse Do as I say attitude

an when the FJ did attack Vic showed himself well as a pilot as only left when he was forced to do so otherwise he would have died then an there

Well... He showed he was smart enough to get out of Kai Allard-Liao's way, anyway.

#43 Minatorc

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on 10 July 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

The only Steiner-Davion offspring we need to worry about is Katherine. Honestly, how did Hanse and Melissa raise so many good kids... and then one who isn't just a 'black sheep', but is actually murderous and power-hungry? Where'd they go wrong? :D

Oh theres plenty of power hungry egotists in the Davion family tree dont worry about that!

#44 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on 10 July 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

At this point in time (3049) the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns are one massive alliance: the Federated Commonwealth.

The Federated Commonwealth is formed in 3055. Right now (3049) it is still the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns.

#45 Tarrin

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

The only reason for his posting is because Prince Hanse Davion is responding in kind to the posting of Sho-sa Hohiro Kurita to Edo, Turtle Bay. I mean, the kid protested to the posting to both his father and Field Marshal Hask-Davion stating, be it correcctly, that nothing has happend there since the birth of the Gray Death Legion. When you join the military you follow orders and go where you are posted, not complain because you don't like the lack of action.

#46 Takashi Fuchida

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Misssouri

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

The only reason Victor went to trellwan instead of somewhere else.. was because it was a counter move to Theodore Kurita's placement of his Son ... and the Prince placed Victor on Trellwan to see if Theodore was to leave the conflict of the Fed Suns and the Combine to future generations... If not he would strike at Prince Hanse Davion at the Isle of Skye... So lets see what Hohiro does yah? }; )

View PostTarrin, on 11 July 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

The only reason for his posting is because Prince Hanse Davion is responding in kind to the posting of Sho-sa Hohiro Kurita to Edo, Turtle Bay. I mean, the kid protested to the posting to both his father and Field Marshal Hask-Davion stating, be it correcctly, that nothing has happend there since the birth of the Gray Death Legion. When you join the military you follow orders and go where you are posted, not complain because you don't like the lack of action.

tyhats exactly what i was just typing out haha... i love that book.

Edited by Takashi Fuchida, 11 July 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#47 Guilar

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

I always get confused on where the Archon-Prince gets assigned to. I always thought it was the Kathil Uhlans, then I remembered, oh yeah, that was Kai Allard-Liao's unit assignment... I think... Must brush up on my Blood of Kerensky trilogy!

#48 Skar Khardula

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

Mesage sent for Princeling : All R base belong to us!

#49 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on 10 July 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

At this point in time (3049) the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns are one massive alliance: the Federated Commonwealth. Victor's father and mother were the rulers of those two realms, and when they married they formed a political alliance which stood through the fourth succession war and Clan invasion. It was Victor's sister who eventually broke the alliance: she treacherously murdered her mother (and father too, if you ask me) and then usurped Victor's rule while he was away fighting the Clans. She turned the Lyran side of the alliance against the Davions (FedSuns), and the blood of the civil war that followed is on her hands. Victor did lead the FedSuns to victory in that conflict, but at the cost of much loss of life.

I know that... but for some reason thought the Donegal was traditionally a Davion / FedSuns unit. Hadn't read the books. Have now edumacated myself. :)

#50 Hikaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Victor's a little, little man, but the only bigger ****** in all the Inner Sphere? Hanse.

#51 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 11 July 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

The Federated Commonwealth is formed in 3055. Right now (3049) it is still the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns.

Incorrect. Militarially it was one Unit before the Clan Invasion.

The Federated Commonwealth was the union of the Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns. The accession of Archon-Prince Victor Steiner Davion in 3055 formally brought the nation into being, though in practice it had existed since before the Clan Invasion. Katherine Steiner-Davion seceded the Lyran half of the nation in 3057, creating the Lyran Alliance, which would lead to the FedCom Civil War in 3062. Victor abdicated the throne in 3067 and his successor, Prince-Regent Yvonne Steiner-Davion, renamed the rump Commonwealth "Federated Suns".

The Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth was the combined military of the AFFS and LCAF. By early 3041 AFFC High Command formally accepted control of the two organizations, and by 3042 the last vestiges of both militaries was discarded. By 3050 the AFFC was the largest military organization in the Inner Sphere, with a BattleMech strength of 256 regiments and 1 battalion.

#52 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 10 July 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

"Trell? That backwater world? Nothing ever happens there!" :P

You are correct nothing important ever happens here. Only one minor event ever happened here. Trell can be considered the Birthplace of the Grey Death Legion.

#53 Duke William

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIS

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

So we have less than a year before the clans arrive? The game isn't even out yet! lol.

#54 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostDuke William, on 12 July 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

So we have less than a year before the clans arrive? The game isn't even out yet! lol.

I do not feel we will be fighting the Clans until after the Break in the Invasion (October 3050 to November 3051).

#55 Guilar

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

Bring on the Clans! I want to pierce every Clan mech I get to encounter... I'll have my share of Clan Wolf, not the old wussies in Clan Jade Falcon...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users