Cw Tutorial

7 replies to this topic

#1 MaV3rick737

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

Can we PLEASE see some sort of CW walkthrough/tutorial? Either through the existing academy system or as a stand-alone, whichever works better. Maybe even make it mandatory? That would be nice too! Reason being; there are a whole, ungodly, obsurdly, RIDICULOUSLY high number of players out there who STILL have no idea, whatsoever, how to play CW (esp. Counter Attack)! Now, I understand new players aren't going to be CW rockstars from the word go, but a bare minimum walkthrough of a sample CW map with explanations of the 2 game modes and how to win/lose in either scenario would be EXTREMELY helpful. At least 1/2 of the people in any given CW match that isn't pre-mades are just totally, utterly lost in the sauce. Might also boost the number of people willing to jump into CW if there was a rough knowledge base among ALL players, right now it's more like half the team is trying to drive in the oncoming lane on the freeway. Bit maddening.

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:32 AM

OP +1

Also.. while you're at it.. explain GAME MODES in general... there is no tutorial for that whatsoever..

My Girlfriend though all the mechs had to stand in a capture spot for it to work, or that you had to go looking for resources and bring them to a capture spot and so on...

And she's actually a really smart person.. just not an avid gamer..

Explain ALL gamemodes, how they work, what are the objectives, and what are good strategies for success (specially in CW).

#3 Timbuctoo

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:05 PM

I have no idea what I'm doing when I am dealing with Faction game play. I have completed 2 29day cycles in 2 different factions and am not sure what I have accomplished. So far all I know is that if I'm willing to wait in Q for an insane amount of time I get to use 4 mechs instead of 1. I will say I have spent a good amount of money to get a jump on mech options and the costs that come with getting them battle ready. I am not sure if this was a wise investment if all I a doing is arena style battles. My hope is that the Faction aspect of the game will bring more depth to help justify what I have sent thus far. I am willing to spend more provided that there is more fruit for my money and game time beyond a 500+ damage game.

You still have my attention please don't squander it like so many games have in the past.

Thanks!
Tim

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostTimbuctoo, on 20 November 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

I have no idea what I'm doing when I am dealing with Faction game play. I have completed 2 29day cycles in 2 different factions and am not sure what I have accomplished. So far all I know is that if I'm willing to wait in Q for an insane amount of time I get to use 4 mechs instead of 1. I will say I have spent a good amount of money to get a jump on mech options and the costs that come with getting them battle ready. I am not sure if this was a wise investment if all I a doing is arena style battles. My hope is that the Faction aspect of the game will bring more depth to help justify what I have sent thus far. I am willing to spend more provided that there is more fruit for my money and game time beyond a 500+ damage game.

You still have my attention please don't squander it like so many games have in the past.

Thanks!
Tim

CW is supposed to be about the "grand scale" of conquering planets, fighting for the glory of your House / Clan, and letting you play 4 mechs instead of one..

Right now, actually taking planets does exactly ZERO for you as a player or your faction as a whole.. So all you can gain from it is the "faction rewards" which include a wide assortment of cbill rewards, gxp rewards, mechbays and cockpit items.

If you like to switch factions per contract.. I suggest you go through all of them and get the free mechbays (I'm doing this on my alt account right now), before you settle with a permanent contract.

As far as getting you money's worth out of it...

Not today... maaaaaybe when Phase3 hits (as every MWO player is hoping), but so far.. your money is better spent in paints and cockpit items..

Right now, CW is played only for faction rewards (err.. free mechbays) and for fun (by us lore freaks who just HAD TO take Terra like the Wolves of lore wanted to)

Anything beyond that is a waste of time..

But its still a great mode for organized group play (better by far than group queue drops).

#5 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

This would be nice.

#6 JeGGoR

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMontpellier, France

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:07 PM

OOh YES, the game NEEDs a tuto about CW, or a simpler interface.

I jumped in the water thanks to the CW event, and it was easier thanks to a fellow player who explained me some bits... but my first contacts with the CW mode were at first like :
"What... is... this... about ?"
2 days later
"Ok, this time I'll get it. So... how does this... work ? hmm"
Then I abandonned until the halloween event ;)

#7 MaV3rick737

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

C'mon folks, don't let this one get buried, we NEED this! Gotta get the word out.

#8 Heartless Saint

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:11 AM

This would be very nice

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users