Bushwacker

40 replies to this topic

#1 LongJohnSilver

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:53 PM

Anything been said on this 'Mech recently as I haven't been in the loop for a couple of months.

#2 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:58 PM

It is a 3053 mech, I think PGI reset the timeline to 3050 or something. Who knows?

#3 LongJohnSilver

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostLostdragon, on 26 November 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

It is a 3053 mech, I think PGI reset the timeline to 3050 or something. Who knows?

I remember in a town hall meeting a while back they said they don't really care for the timeline regarding 'Mechs anymore. Let's just hope it's in the next Resistance package

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

They do actually still stick to the timeline, it's just 3052 now.

Commence sadface.exe.

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

If they do the Bushwacker, I suspect Stalker like Hit boxes, with those long ST's, and not really grate sheilds arms.... Kind of like the new Marauder....

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostLongJohnSilver, on 26 November 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

I remember in a town hall meeting a while back they said they don't really care for the timeline regarding 'Mechs anymore. Let's just hope it's in the next Resistance package

Not what was said. Simply that the timeline was not a lock for holding back new designs, hence some of the variants leaked out. Or that they would fudge timeline a bit as needed to make things work... why everyone wants to interpret this to having "thrown it out the window", I will never know.....

No word on Bushwhacker, not even a whisper. Still a year or so away, at least with plenty of Unseen and probably another wave of Clan Mechs to come before it's even a glimmer in it's daddy's eye.

But hey..be happy you aren't a fan of the Uziel or Hellspawn..... I got over a decade of game years to wait.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 26 November 2015 - 08:27 PM.

#7 LongJohnSilver

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:37 PM

View PostFupDup, on 26 November 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

They do actually still stick to the timeline, it's just 3052 now.

Commence sadface.exe.

Is it? The clock on the website says 3050

#8 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:38 PM

Bushwacker is actually a very mediocre mech, I wouldn't be too excited for it. All of the variants feature a ballistic in the right arm (like the Centurion), energy in the CT (like the Centurion), missile in the left torso (like the Centurion), and missile in the left arm (instead of a shield that the Centurion has). It's starved for hardpoints and has a profile that lends to mediocre hitboxes. What I'm saying is that it's basically just a worse WVR-6R or maybe even worse than the WVR-7D and has the same engine cap (360). Worse hitboxes, worse convergence, and similar hardpoints. Also, all its variants are essentially the same as one another - there is nothing in timeline that differs from what I described above as far as hardpoint layouts. The only thing it can do is be the only 55-ton mech that can mount an AC/20 in an arm.

Edited by Tarogato, 26 November 2015 - 08:42 PM.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:40 PM

View PostTarogato, on 26 November 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

Bushwacker is actually a very mediocre mech, I wouldn't be too excited for it. All of the variants feature a ballistic in the right arm (like the Centurion), energy in the CT (like the Centurion), missile in the left torso (like the Centurion), and missile in the left arm (instead of a shield that the Centurion has). It's starved for hardpoints and has a profile that lends to mediocre hitboxes. What I'm saying is that it's basically just a worse WVR-6R and has the same engine cap (360). Worse hitboxes, worse convergence, and similar hardpoints. Also, all its variants are essentially the same as one another.

that too. Just didn't want to stomp on his dreams quite so harshly.

#10 LongJohnSilver

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PostTarogato, on 26 November 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

Bushwacker is actually a very mediocre mech, I wouldn't be too excited for it. All of the variants feature a ballistic in the right arm (like the Centurion), energy in the CT (like the Centurion), missile in the left torso (like the Centurion), and missile in the left arm (instead of a shield that the Centurion has). It's starved for hardpoints and has a profile that lends to mediocre hitboxes. What I'm saying is that it's basically just a worse WVR-6R or maybe even worse than the WVR-7D and has the same engine cap (360). Worse hitboxes, worse convergence, and similar hardpoints. Also, all its variants are essentially the same as one another - there is nothing in timeline that differs from what I described above as far as hardpoint layouts.

The Wolverine is just soo ugly though. Then again i play 'Mechs off of Aesthetic not how they perform (which is why the Shadow Cat is one of my most played 'Mechs). Bushwacker has always just looked really nice.

Edited by LongJohnSilver, 26 November 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#11 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 November 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

that too. Just didn't want to stomp on his dreams quite so harshly.

I'd rather people prepared for worst case scenario be pleasantly surprised when PGI does something to make a mech better than for them to expect a mech to be amazing and nostalgic but wind up with a pile of duds in their mechbay. Like the poor Phoenix Hawk. I don't know why everybody wants another Vindicator so bad, but eventually it's going to happen and tears will be shed. :wacko:

Edited by Tarogato, 26 November 2015 - 08:51 PM.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostTarogato, on 26 November 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

I'd rather people prepared for worst case scenario be pleasantly surprised when PGI does something to make a mech better than for them to expect a mech to be amazing and nostalgic but wind up with a pile of duds in their mechbay. Like the poor Phoenix Hawk. I don't know why everybody wants another Vindicator so bad, but eventually it's going to happen and tears will be shed. :wacko:

Show me a VND that comes with a base speed of 97kph? It's a faster Arrow, basically, and the Arrow is a fun robot. Also there are models with ECM, and such. It's rather versatile.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 26 November 2015 - 09:03 PM.

#13 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 November 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

Show me a VND that comes with a base speed of 97kph? It's a faster Arrow, basically, and the Arrow is a fun robot. Also there are models with ECM, and such. It's rather versatile.

And allllll the variants have allllll the hardpoints in potentially large gorilla low slung arms. Not a torso mount to be seen for days.

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:20 PM

View PostTarogato, on 26 November 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

And allllll the variants have allllll the hardpoints in potentially large gorilla low slung arms. Not a torso mount to be seen for days.

-PXH-1b "Special"
Referred to as the Phoenix Hawk "Special," the 1b was introduced in 2760 for the Star League's Royal units. It utilized an XL Engine as well as Endo Steel for its chassis, which allowed the designers to upgrade its weaponry. The pistol-like laser was upgraded to an ER PPC, while a swivel-mounted ER Large Laser found its way onto the right torso. Replacing the ten standard heat sinks with Double heat sinks kept these high-heat weapons from overwhelming the 'Mech. A Guardian ECM Suite in the center torso improved the 1b's defense, while moving the machine gun ammunition to the left torso and adding CASE virtually ensured that the MechWarrior would survive an ammunition explosion

-PXH-1K
The 1K variant was particularly favored by House Kurita, though when it was introduced in 2603 it represented a departure from the traditional thinking of the Phoenix Hawk. By removing all jump jets from the 'Mech, room is freed up to install three additional heat sinks and another one and a half tons of armor. The machine guns and ammunition have also been removed from the design and replaced with a single Small Laser carried in the center torso

And not every mech needs to be a Meta mech with hardpoints dude, seriously. Speed, good jumping and probable favorable hitboxes go a long way.

If you want "Metamechs Approved" you might as well ignore most of the Macross Unseen. Which is fine if you do.... but other people don't mind driving them.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 26 November 2015 - 09:25 PM.

#15 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:35 AM

I don't see them moving on until they fill the gaps in the 3025 line up. As PGI has a mech sharing agreement with Harebrained for their pre-clan game this is highly likely.

Also by waiting until light fusion engines are in game they can add a forth pre-order mech with out creating one out of thin air. There needs to be less of that in general.

I doubt the Bushwacker will come out before Clan Wave 4.

Edited by Spheroid, 27 November 2015 - 12:45 AM.

#16 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:10 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 November 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

-PXH-1b "Special"
Referred to as the Phoenix Hawk "Special," the 1b was introduced in 2760 for the Star League's Royal units. It utilized an XL Engine as well as Endo Steel for its chassis, which allowed the designers to upgrade its weaponry. The pistol-like laser was upgraded to an ER PPC, while a swivel-mounted ER Large Laser found its way onto the right torso. Replacing the ten standard heat sinks with Double heat sinks kept these high-heat weapons from overwhelming the 'Mech. A Guardian ECM Suite in the center torso improved the 1b's defense, while moving the machine gun ammunition to the left torso and adding CASE virtually ensured that the MechWarrior would survive an ammunition explosion
-PXH-1K
The 1K variant was particularly favored by House Kurita, though when it was introduced in 2603 it represented a departure from the traditional thinking of the Phoenix Hawk. By removing all jump jets from the 'Mech, room is freed up to install three additional heat sinks and another one and a half tons of armor. The machine guns and ammunition have also been removed from the design and replaced with a single Small Laser carried in the center torso

The 1K is one of the only variants that lacks jumpjets, so it won't be as attractive of an option as they others. It's also an all-energy variant. The PXH-2 is the more likely candidate for an all energy variant because it can also carry ECM and jumpjets, unlike the 1K. If PGI brings in the 1b, it will have at most four energy hardpoints and will therefore be a bit of a useless dud because it wastes two of its hardpoint potential on ballistics. It would be an ECM Vindicator, really. The PXH-2 would be more likely as the ECM variant because also fills in the slot as an all-energy variant - at minimum five energy hardpoints and therefore a lot more MWO-capable.

I don't see either the 1K or 1b making it into MWO without substantial hardpoint inflation decisions by PGI.

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:33 AM

View PostTarogato, on 27 November 2015 - 04:10 AM, said:

The 1K is one of the only variants that lacks jumpjets, so it won't be as attractive of an option as they others. It's also an all-energy variant. The PXH-2 is the more likely candidate for an all energy variant because it can also carry ECM and jumpjets, unlike the 1K. If PGI brings in the 1b, it will have at most four energy hardpoints and will therefore be a bit of a useless dud because it wastes two of its hardpoint potential on ballistics. It would be an ECM Vindicator, really. The PXH-2 would be more likely as the ECM variant because also fills in the slot as an all-energy variant - at minimum five energy hardpoints and therefore a lot more MWO-capable.

I don't see either the 1K or 1b making it into MWO without substantial hardpoint inflation decisions by PGI.

and?

Hardpoint inflation happens more often than not. And again, still much faster than a VND, so still not a valid comparison.

You don't like, it, that's fine, that's all you have to say.

#18 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:51 AM

Tarogato, all the laser meta does is created lazy players that will lack the basic skills required when the meta shifts to something that requires leading a target. I've seen if happen, when my SRM Mad Dog dodged two Dire Wolves that were dumping out AC rounds like an infant spitting up milk, by running sideways. The pilots (or should I say gunners) lacked the basic skills to use those mechs correctly.

#19 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:59 AM

View PostLongJohnSilver, on 26 November 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

Anything been said on this 'Mech recently as I haven't been in the loop for a couple of months.

Well, we haven't seen anything like the Wolf Trap quite yet. Nor anything from TRO 3055. I think they're still going to be focusing on getting the 3050 stuff out of the way, first.

Don't worry too much about it. Rather than concerning yourself with not having access to a later-era design, enjoy the fact that many 'mechs that are integral to the universe are seeing the light of day for the first time in decades if not ever. Cataphract, for one, I'm surprised hasn't shown up until now. The Vindicator hasn't been seen since Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries had us fighting Vong, and there's still room for more to come, like the Why-hasn't-it-been-made-available-yet Javelin and Whitworth.

(As for the prior Vindicator subject, my mind was blown when they announced the Vindicator wouldn't have an ECM hardpoint. If they could justify ECM in a Commando or Spider, neither of which came with ECM variants, they could have justified putting it in a mech known to be the Workhorse of the "Sneaky faction", especially the 3025 and 3050 standard variants)

Edited by ice trey, 27 November 2015 - 07:08 AM.

#20 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:09 AM

The Bushwacker should have great hitboxes and solid hardpoint arrangements, similar to the Crab, King Crab, Cauldron Born, and (probably) Marauder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users