Marauder Countdown - 1 Day To Release

315 replies to this topic

#261 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:20 AM

Some good looking cockpit items. Really looking forward to piloting this mech.

#262 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:34 AM

Pissed at the 3rd ballistic mount on the 3R, obvious preemptive nerf. Pleased i only bought the $20 pack - been thinking of upgrading to the 40$ one as i thought the 3R might be the best variant despite the lack of JJs, not anymore.

Mech still looks very cool mind you, not disappointed in the purchase, but mounting those 3B slots in a tight formation would have been a lot nicer, and looked far better.

#263 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 30 November 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

Pissed at the 3rd ballistic mount on the 3R, obvious preemptive nerf. Pleased i only bought the $20 pack - been thinking of upgrading to the 40$ one as i thought the 3R might be the best variant despite the lack of JJs, not anymore.

Mech still looks very cool mind you, not disappointed in the purchase, but mounting those 3B slots in a tight formation would have been a lot nicer, and looked far better.

Where did you get this information about the ballistic positions on the Marauder. I only found this picture https://pbs.twimg.co...AH8qa.jpg:large

#264 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:25 AM

View PostBrawler1986, on 30 November 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

Where did you get this information about the ballistic positions on the Marauder. I only found this picture https://pbs.twimg.co...AH8qa.jpg:large

Posted Image

#265 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:33 AM

Soon...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...baf5cd209cff86d

:ph34r:

#266 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:42 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 28 November 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Come on guys... Again with the blocked out missile tubes? -_-
I'll never understand how can anyone think that's a good idea.

Covered missile tube in MWO, bay door open/closed, provide armor protection vs an open missile bay.

Pilots with a Gunnery/Piloting skill above say a 2, know to fire on open bay doors.

#267 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:09 AM

So the phoenix items are for the marauder package? Huh. Makes sense that marauder and friends rising from the ashes in a new form. PGI, please give these to those that bought the phoenix package in the past. I think they helped start this game and deserve it.

#268 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:18 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 30 November 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

Hmm, thats a weird 3rd gun placement... Thanks for the image. Hopefully it will be different and abit more higher when released. Also really would like to have some screenshots about the missile tubes.

#269 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 30 November 2015 - 04:42 AM, said:

Covered missile tube in MWO, bay door open/closed, provide armor protection vs an open missile bay.

Pilots with a Gunnery/Piloting skill above say a 2, know to fire on open bay doors.

That's not what i meant.
I meant that an SRM-2 shouldn't be an SRM-4 with 2 missile tubes blocked out or painted over.
And a LRM-5 shouldn't be a SRM-6 with one of the tubes blocked out, et cetera
(yes i DO realize that'd it require making a few extra models for the weapons, but for ***** sake, PGI is already skipping out on doing them by making all lasers identical!)

View PostBrawler1986, on 30 November 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

Hmm, thats a weird 3rd gun placement... Thanks for the image. Hopefully it will be different and abit more higher when released. Also really would like to have some screenshots about the missile tubes.

Posted Image

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 30 November 2015 - 05:42 AM.

#270 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostTarogato, on 29 November 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

You don't want IS Omnimechs. Most of them are terrible. IS mechs with locked engines? Blech.

actually... most of them are decent mechs. it's just the fact you're comparing them with Clan ones. the Avatar, Rakshasa, Blackhawk-KU, Raptor, Owens, Sunder and Strider were all good mechs.

the thing to also realize is by the point most of them show up is again, we've evened the playing field weapon wise.

#271 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:20 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 30 November 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

actually... most of them are decent mechs. it's just the fact you're comparing them with Clan ones. the Avatar, Rakshasa, Blackhawk-KU, Raptor, Owens, Sunder and Strider were all good mechs.

the thing to also realize is by the point most of them show up is again, we've evened the playing field weapon wise.

The Rakshasa is not a omni mech though it was inspired by the Timber Wolf.

I agree that many IS Omni's get a bad rep that the don't deserve (the Omni Firestater is great) but Mech Lab makes each standard mech so versatile, it's a toss up on how well they will be received by meta-only players.

#272 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 30 November 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

The Rakshasa is not a omni mech though it was inspired by the Timber Wolf.

I agree that many IS Omni's get a bad rep that the don't deserve (the Omni Firestater is great) but Mech Lab makes each standard mech so versatile, it's a toss up on how well they will be received by meta-only players.

heh, for some reason i always assume the Rak is one... it's a decent mech regardless. problem is it keeps getting judged by the Mad Cat's standard.

in all honesty, engine caps should be reduced on most mechs. speed shouldn't matter as much as it does.

#273 Kaldrenborn

• PipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 30 November 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

in all honesty, engine caps should be reduced on most mechs. speed shouldn't matter as much as it does.

It's the only thing keeping certain lights still in play. Imagine a slow Commando. :blink:

#274 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostNathan K, on 30 November 2015 - 04:33 AM, said:

SOON(-er er)™

ON1-K

#275 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

View PostDustyHardtail, on 30 November 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

It's the only thing keeping certain lights still in play. Imagine a slow Commando. :blink:

yeah, i meant for mediums, heavies and assaults. i mean, look at Clan Omni Assaults and Heavies. they can't swap engines and they do fine.

#276 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 738 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 28 November 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

....Dude... Clan Diamond Shark and Clan Sea Fox are the SAME CLAN. and... FYI, Vulture Mk. IV WAS a FedCom civil war era mech. MW4 IS the FedCom Civil War. the Mad CAT Mk. IV is a Dark Age design. you're probably getting the two confused.

Also... notably.... both were actually referred to by their IS names, because they were their ONLY names, Kind of like how the Ebon Jaguar is only called that by the Smoke Jaguars. Everyone else including the other clans only ever called it the Cauldron Born.

Do a little research next time.

LOL a little research? I wasn't clear on the clan thing, it's true and it was my bad, but you should do research instead of lecturing me. You see, after you corrected me on the clan thing I went to Sarna to double check and indeed, everything I said is correct, barring my clan mistake (which is actually not a mistake, clan name at the time was different, in fact you were the one who used the wrong name not me). You do research and for example check the production year of the Mad dog mk. IV.
Oh and I don't mix IS nicknames with Clan mech designations.

Edited by Cmdr Hurrell, 30 November 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#277 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 738 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 30 November 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

The Rakshasa an Omni?. Yeah sure, and I'm the one who needs to do research...

#278 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostCmdr Hurrell, on 30 November 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

LOL a little research? I wasn't clear on the clan thing, it's true and it was my bad, but you should do research instead of lecturing me. You see, after you corrected me on the clan thing I went to Sarna and indeed, everything I said is true, barring my clan mistake (which is actually not a mistake, clan name at the time was different, in fact you were the onse who used the wrong name not me). You do research and for example check the production year of the Mad dog mk. IV.
Oh and I don't mix IS nicknames with Clan mech designations.

Ugh, how do you NOT KNOW that ilKhan Ted's best friend's pet dog was named Steve in this fictional universe with giant stompy robots? GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD...

#279 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 738 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 30 November 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

Ugh, how do you NOT KNOW that ilKhan Ted's best friend's pet dog was named Steve in this fictional universe with giant stompy robots? GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD...

What? I said something bad to you BFF? If someone tells me to research something he did not research I will respond. And if his b*itch comes looking for unnecessary fights, I will be happy to oblige.

#280 IronEricP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 174 posts
  • LocationBangor, ME

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:28 PM

Guys, recent argument is not constructive, informative, or even about the Marauder. Plz take private issues elsewhere.

As for the Marauder, checking back repeatedly. Last day countdown is quirk info, right?
Need to know if my planned builds are going to have any help :lol: Will probably run 2Uacs and 4 MPL on basic model either way.

Love the cockpit items, btw, happy about the new monitors, love the field of vision too!

Anybody notice the arm swing? Looks like it'll have plenty of aim agility with those pods. Lights beware :ph34r:

Edited by Eric Portenelli, 30 November 2015 - 12:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users