Store Upgrades General

43 replies to this topic

#41 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:06 AM

pgi could do this smart. i almost like their UI for paint and camo. they could do that for decals. then say have about 3 spots for decals, chest, arms and legs. charge cbills for a basic decal of factions to put on the locations, then go from there. make premium faction decals, some short sayings, a couple of random pics. charge little MC 100-150 mc. once the system in place then ask for custom ones. but that might be asking too much:P

#42 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

Sayings would be great.

What if you could display your mechs name as a decal? If your mech's name is "The Wubinator" you could display that.

#43 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:55 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 29 November 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

Sayings would be great.

What if you could display your mechs name as a decal? If your mech's name is "The Wubinator" you could display that.

I think I actually made a similar suggestion on a topic about this somewhere..

Naturally, there would have to be a filter that prevents you from using names that violate the COC. But it would be nice to display my mech name.. and it would encourage cool and imaginative mech names..

Also, I would like to see numbers, short sayings (like "We are the children of Kerensky" or "Please stand still" or "This will hurt"), short phrases such as "Badass", "Slayer", or "Mama's Boy", and basic shapes.

I also hope the placement of these decals will be "free and editable", meaning if I could say, place a circle on the top of the Timberwolf's snout, and then deform it so it covers most of the upper of the torso, color it red, then place another one, color it black and place it so it makes a crescent shape with the first circle and such..

Ultimately, I hope we will have the ability to choose the color, style and font on these decals, and won't have to buy every pain we use for them. It would be pointless to say, buy a flames decal and then not be able to color it into a fire.

Naturally, faction logo decals should not be editable except for purposes of positioning.

Edited by Vellron2005, 30 November 2015 - 05:56 AM.

#44 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 30 November 2015 - 05:55 AM, said:

I think I actually made a similar suggestion on a topic about this somewhere..

Naturally, there would have to be a filter that prevents you from using names that violate the COC. But it would be nice to display my mech name.. and it would encourage cool and imaginative mech names..

Also, I would like to see numbers, short sayings (like "We are the children of Kerensky" or "Please stand still" or "This will hurt"), short phrases such as "Badass", "Slayer", or "Mama's Boy", and basic shapes.

I also hope the placement of these decals will be "free and editable", meaning if I could say, place a circle on the top of the Timberwolf's snout, and then deform it so it covers most of the upper of the torso, color it red, then place another one, color it black and place it so it makes a crescent shape with the first circle and such..

Ultimately, I hope we will have the ability to choose the color, style and font on these decals, and won't have to buy every pain we use for them. It would be pointless to say, buy a flames decal and then not be able to color it into a fire.

Naturally, faction logo decals should not be editable except for purposes of positioning.

At this point it's hard to say. The only thing we know about decals is that they're ready but how they'll be implemented is a mystery.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users