Taking A Break From Puglife Until December 1St.

Achievements

21 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:43 AM

After thousands of solo-q matches, playing the CW brings out some fresh breath of air, thanks to the event incentives. Sure, the odds of winning against Clanners is low, but even that I consider to be worth it. So yeah, farewell puglife until new patch. :)

CW frequenting IS players are welcome to add me as friend and show me the ropes.

Edited by El Bandito, 27 November 2015 - 05:49 AM.

#2 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:51 AM

Posted Image

#3 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

Playing IS in CW, particularly in random pubdrops is a terrible experience.

9/10 its a guaranteed stompfest.

I've been playing clan in CW for a while now, and its pretty much just a feeding frenzy to farm IS pubnubs every single game.

I do enjoy the gameplay much more in CW, vs Pub nascar, but the quality of the games is roughly the same, just a bunch of uncoordinated guys running around as 12 individuals rather than any teamwork.

Difference is, Clans have more firepower, have LRM and targeting immunity due to much more viable ECM mechs.

I mean seriously, would you rather take a Commando out for ECM? or an Arctic Cheetah?
Take a raven-3L? or bring a Shadowcat that can fly around everywhere and still annoying the crap out of ppl with ERLL/LPL and ECM?
Hellbringer vs Cataphract-0xp, guess who wins.
The only difference in Assault, is that clan has no ECM, but like it matters.

Dunno what to tell you other than pray that PTS4 actually works.

Edited by Mister D, 27 November 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#4 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:23 AM

CW will be an improved experience for IS starting Dec 1...buffs to IS and nerd to clans will even battles. I plan on playing CW more after Dec 1

Edited by Coolant, 27 November 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#5 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:26 AM

You know, if all the IS players just fought only other IS drops, and let the Clanners do all the ghost drops or CvC that they desired, then many of the problems with CW would solve themselves.

#6 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:06 PM

Just going to throw out there that my general drop deck involves 2 Crabs, a Mauler, and an Urban Mech.

Sounds kinda bad until I go over that the loadouts on all mechs except the Mauler are 3 ERLLs, and the Mauler is a dakka boat. The Mauler's heavy firepower helps a whole lot on the first attack run or to hold off numbers of enemies while in a good position on defense. The Crabs and Urban Mech I use as if they were a Raven 3L, constantly poking enemies and trying not to get noticed while unloading as often as possible. The Crabs are running STD 250s, so they can lose a side torso and still have a Raven's firepower. The Urban Mech is running an XL 180, its fast enough and small enough that most people just don't notice it, and most don't expect 3 ERLLs from one.

ERLLs are much more useful in CW than in solo queue I've noticed. I tried at one point using a Zeus with 6 ERLLs, but found that larger and slower mechs don't quite have the same advantages as the other ones, so I went back to the Mauler.

If you don't have the same packs I do then you could still replace it with 1 light mech and 2 mediums with the same loadout as me, and probably a King Crab, though the Mauler is a little superior to the King Crab due to its ability to spread damage easier and higher ballistic mounts.

Thats all the tips I got off the top of my head, I wouldn't mind dropping with you next time I'm on IS, though usually I'm Kurita if I'm not a clanner. Would be nice to have someone on my team that I know is reliable though.

#7 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

I am just gone till they get rid of Laser-Vomit being better than anything else. Too boring, not what I expected from MechWarrior. Didn't believe new players would want/need Gauss and LRMs nerfed out of the game, can't believe PGI complied and created Laser-Vomit.

#8 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 November 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

CW frequenting IS players are welcome to add me as friend and show me the ropes.

I play lots of CW, you'd be very welcome on the FRR hub mixed groups.

#9 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:25 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 27 November 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

I play lots of CW, you'd be very welcome on the FRR hub mixed groups.

Aight, I'll sent you friend invite.

View PostTheCharlatan, on 27 November 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

I'll be dropping in pug queue few times a day to master my BJs, using the first win of the day bonus.

Edited by El Bandito, 27 November 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#10 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:54 AM

They don't need to buff the IS...they need to make CW 12 IS vs 10 Clan. Clans used 5 mech Stars vice 4 mech lances. This would add an interesting dynamic.

#11 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:01 AM

View PostDeaconW, on 28 November 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

They don't need to buff the IS...they need to make CW 12 IS vs 10 Clan. Clans used 5 mech Stars vice 4 mech lances. This would add an interesting dynamic.

Interesting dynamics maybe, but very hard to balance. There is a good reason most team based arena games use same number of players per team. This basically asking PGI to do something not even big companies had achieved.

Edited by El Bandito, 28 November 2015 - 01:07 AM.

#12 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:27 AM

Just the same ******** over and over again.

#13 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:56 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 27 November 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

After thousands of solo-q matches, playing the CW brings out some fresh breath of air, thanks to the event incentives. Sure, the odds of winning against Clanners is low, but even that I consider to be worth it. So yeah, farewell puglife until new patch. :)

As a dedicated CW player for Clan Ghost bear (almost always as a pug) I can tell you that most games vs IS are a stomp...IS wins. Most games are pug vs premade so those are out the window. Games are only ever close when it's pug vs pug. Those games can turn into stomps for either side. Too many pugs just have no idea how to effectively play CW.

Matches are terrible in these CW events as it just draws in a bunch of solo que heros that have zero discipline and just start to QQ about how xyz is OP as soon as the match starts going south for them.

#14 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:07 AM

My immediate reaction was "what about solo que?" But Why not just make it 10 Clan vs 12 IS as is in solo? I play mostly clan, and after 1 year, or 2 or whatever, they're still OP.

#15 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:32 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 28 November 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

As a dedicated CW player for Clan Ghost bear (almost always as a pug) I can tell you that most games vs IS are a stomp...IS wins. Most games are pug vs premade so those are out the window. Games are only ever close when it's pug vs pug. Those games can turn into stomps for either side. Too many pugs just have no idea how to effectively play CW.

Matches are terrible in these CW events as it just draws in a bunch of solo que heros that have zero discipline and just start to QQ about how xyz is OP as soon as the match starts going south for them.

I've been playing PUG v PUG IS v Clans and can tell you that the range offered by C lasers gives them a massive advantage. I've managed to get games as close as 39-44, but have never managed to win yet.

I've only played 4 times, an each time was the snow map where I guess clans benefit more from the cold.

Dec 1 nerfs to CXL and range will even the playing field a lot, but I suspect it may actually go too far. Some quirks will need to be toned down to compensate.

EDIT: Finally got a win! 48-33 on the Purple desert canyon map. It was pretty close early on and it looked bad at one point because we got pinned by lurms, but after running really close for 20 minutes our last wave of mechs pushed through and was victorious

Edited by Troutmonkey, 28 November 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#16 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:37 AM

I've only played 4 times

View PostTroutmonkey, on 28 November 2015 - 04:32 AM, said:

I've only played 4 times

#17 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:51 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 28 November 2015 - 04:32 AM, said:

I've been playing PUG v PUG IS v Clans and can tell you that the range offered by C lasers gives them a massive advantage. I've managed to get games as close as 39-44, but have never managed to win yet.

I've only played 4 times, an each time was the snow map where I guess clans benefit more from the cold.

Dec 1 nerfs to CXL and range will even the playing field a lot, but I suspect it may actually go too far. Some quirks will need to be toned down to compensate.

You've only played 4 times.
Posted Image

In CW IS has better range btw.

#18 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:51 AM

View PostMister D, on 27 November 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

Playing IS in CW, particularly in random pubdrops is a terrible experience.

Well, duh!

:P

It is made primarily for Group and Units. Doing any less will make things harder. Not using any one of the tools the PUGs asked for make things even worse.

#19 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:11 AM

Totaly agree with you good sir

#20 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:32 AM

If it's any consolation W A R K H A N, whenever I see you on the other side as we attack ghost bear my hopes of having an actual good match instead of us getting yet another pugstomp goes up tremendously.

And I apologize for the whiners I had with me that last match, ******** on your well earned win for no reason. They're a shame for the FRR.

o7

Edited by Sjorpha, 28 November 2015 - 06:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users