Another Event Done And Alittle More Of My Soul Gone..

62 replies to this topic

#21 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:01 AM

View Postbadaa, on 27 November 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

..but it was worth it for those colors!

so what made you do the event ,the prizes ,o.c.d , a dip hatred of yourself ?

I have criticized PGI in the past when it was due. However, what was the problem with this event?
If you dislike CW, you could get nice rewards also in solo queue. If you wanted ALL rewards, CW wasn't too bad. PLUS both CW and solo goals were well achievable.

Therefor I really have to commend PGI for the setup of this event. Not to mention for the really really generous rewards. Thanks a lot PGI

#22 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:05 AM

Honestly this is the first event in a while where I didn't notice much of a gameplay change (mid tier PUG). Lots of people still running their non-meta fun mechs/builds.

The prizes however were great. I liked it.

My only whine is that I'm having a hell of a hard time getting any Assault matches, for that final day of premium time.

Edited by jss78, 28 November 2015 - 03:06 AM.

#23 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:30 AM

The pilots that only come out for these events, that's why.

They could not be easier targets if they just shut down at match start. They make these events so damn easy....

:)

#24 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:56 AM

Was really fun and i liked it a lot with the extra prizes we got

#25 Kyle Travis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:02 AM

Free stuff for playing normally :) Even dropping into CW to get some - had one game and big victory which was nice.

#26 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:42 AM

Tried to CW.

Just couldn't CW.

#27 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:10 AM

I bought the La Malinche and have to say played 9 games in it and have yet to win lol.
Hopefully the losses will turn to wins soon,decent event tho.

Edited by Charronn, 28 November 2015 - 07:15 AM.

#28 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:15 AM

The good thing about this kind of event-setup is, that you can "just" play. Everything adds up to the different goals. The only limitting thing is: play better to get everything faster. But since its going over 5 days, its pretty stressfree.

#29 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:22 AM

Well TBH, this and last events gave us a lot of MC. I reached galaxy commander too, and MC for this.
So, thanks to sale, I could buy TopDog and Grind Iron.
And already mastered both of them for the double XP.

Thanks PGI!

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 28 November 2015 - 07:24 AM.

#30 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:04 AM

liked the event...biggest thing the cumulative. more like this please

#31 KGADigger

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:27 AM

View PostKarmen Baric, on 28 November 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

Was really fun and i liked it a lot with the extra prizes we got

I really liked the part where you had to unlock the module before equipping it.

#32 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:29 AM

I would like to say I had a good reason (other than 12mil in modules) to grind the event...

...but really it was just to make the dials fill to 100%.

Shiney!

oh I need to buy my wife some chocolate and new shoes. If anyone sees her, please let me know.

#33 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:08 AM

Nothing "made" me do it. I simply got rewarded for doing what I would be doing anyway - playing the game. Got a nice module I didn't have to shell out 6mil cbills for, got a couple of new colors, made an add'l 2.5mil cbills & more, all for simply doing what I would be doing normally.

If simply playing the game "costs you a little more of your soul", then you seriously need to see a therapist. At this point, I'm starting to think people like you just want to complain about these events because you think it makes you look cool or something. Like it's 'hip' or 'edgy' to dig at PGI for these events. Play, and get your easy rewards, or don't - but don't make it seem like you were chained to your PC for a weekend to get the ultimate prize simply because you wanna be the hipster in the corner of the room.

#34 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

The event was nice, free stuff for participation always welcome. I needed the cobra light green even though im not a green man but lime man. So now i have one more colour and ill have a buy a new mech for it. But wow this event rewards lol they needed to get people back in the game didnt they!

View PostSandpit, on 28 November 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

Can you be a little more articulate in what exactly is "f**kover" about the voting system?

ill bite because i played last 2 days after being told it wasnt so bad anymore more than once.

TLDR: this could have been handled better without implementing a voting system at all. Weighted system is a sham. You're still taken out of your tier. Repalce MM with Servers with settings and half of mwo problems get fixed instantly, content is doubled/trippled. My hatred for playing the same map again has been replaced with the people who don't wan't to play the game mode you are on and just do whatever(not that i blame them).

First: the vast majority of players dont like choices taken away, duh. Thats a no brainer obviously, but reading the forum and poll will give you hard numbers.

Second: The first iteration of the voting system was a disaster. I believe it was done on purpose for the second iteration to take place. It did'nt work, you only got the same 4 map and 1 game mode. kinda like fps eSport though.

Third: The second iteration of the voting system is a sham. The weighted system defeat the purpose of a voting system. Think about it people ffs. It gives you an illusion of control and choice of which you don't have. Then when you don't get your vote you get a multiplier, effectively removing someone from the vote and people can and will game this. So much bogs last 2 days i can't see it anymore, again. I guess next week will be nothing but another map and so on. In comparison to the first voting system of not a bad one, which is why i think the first one was done on purpose.

Fourth: The purpose of the voting system is to take the attention away from the removal of choices. You feel like you can pick the winning ticket in the hat now. Vote and see if you are lucky people! Because it's just that, luck or misfortune. The random system was just better at doing the same job.

Fifth: It does not work as advertised. The waiting time got out of control when the tier system got implemented. Im taken out of my tier all the time. I know this to be a fact because of the forumers i see in my games. That said, id rather have T3 T2 T1. T5 and T4 can't and should not be mixed. Once you get t3 the system should be made so that you are good to go. I still got time to browse the forum every other game i played.

sixth: It removes a big part of the game. I really wonder if they planned the obsolescence of half the maps. They must have, they said the game will be all about eSport and eSport in fps means removing most of the game content, only use the best and easiest class/weapon/maps. Catering to the lowest common denominator.

All in all, you don't actualy chose anything, you don't get to play all maps, you're forced to play with people who don't want to play a certain game mode and just do whatever. The quality and fun of the game has taken a dive. The voting system replace a random or true rotation of map/mode.

This is exacerbed by the fact that a match maker don't work half as good as servers with different settings. You don't need tier with a server system and with server you DO have the choice of game mode/map/people you play with and you get to consistantly play with the same people and either learn from them of teach them. We would be free to double the content already in game with server setting, we could create era, only have cold map, only have lights or assault server. The game would be richer.

They however did this at the right time, the steam release should replace a lot of people.

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:02 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 28 November 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

reading the forum and poll will give you hard numbers.

rly?

I have seldom found that true. People who are apathetic, or happy seldom post. People who are pissed, do. If the legions were so unhappy, we should be seeing even more posts. Not the same double handful of posters.

#36 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 November 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

If the legions were so unhappy, we should be seeing even more posts. Not the same double handful of posters.

Except in this very case, like i said already, it brought a lot of new people to the forum. Which is a good thing.

Edited by DAYLEET, 28 November 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#37 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

Well I just wanted the 500mc and the modules from each mode and got 'em done. Took out my 84 alpha Metawhale for solo queue to increase chances of securing kills. I expected straight losses in pug CW but actually won one game so that was icing. Just went into each CW game and spammed damage to try and reach 1k+ before getting wiped out. Ended up swapping out my ERLL mechs for ones that have UAC5s and my Gridiron. :lol: :ph34r:

CW games average about 35-40 mb of data based on my monitoring tool.

Edited by Elizander, 28 November 2015 - 12:58 PM.

#38 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:25 PM

The voting system is what it is.Sometimes you get what you want,sometimes you don't.
This event was pretty decent.Free stuff is always good.
Pity I bought the hero Banshee and lost 9 games in a row.Serves me right for playing a stock mech.Every single one of those defeats where absolutely all my fault.My apologies,it was all my fault.
Played my Hunch J and wtf pwnd and won all 4 games in it,all down to my skills.
On a serious note this event was fine.
Liked it.

#39 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:55 PM

I finished the event in about four matches for CW and maybe eight or so for Quick Play. I honestly didn't notice it was running, I just played the game as normal.

#40 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:58 PM

Meh, I never had a soul anyways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users