Another Event Done And Alittle More Of My Soul Gone..

62 replies to this topic

#61 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:25 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 30 November 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

This is the best advice. There's not enough content in MWO to play it constantly. Anyone will burn out--but in moderation, supplemented with sides of other games, it is fun.

Same thing happened with me and League of Legends. According to lifewastedonlol I spent something like 1600 hours in 2 years into the game and eventually is just became a chore instead of fun. Now I do a match every week or so and enjoy it a lot more.

#62 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostAppogee, on 27 November 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

This was a good event, especially as most of the rewards were cumulative, not random, and not gated by needing to carry cr4p teams.

I agree. They kept a few "win" rewards in there, but they were easily obtainable while trying to get the rest of the rewards so they shouldn't have slowed anyone down. I really like these cumulative events. They give me multiple goals to work on simultaneously.

I didn't do the CW side, though. Based on past experience I could tell that it would probably take ~10 matches to finish, and I just don't have that much time to play anymore. 10 CW matches would probably take me 8-10 hours of play time, and that might have gotten me all of the rewards. Or that same 8-10 hours was virtually guaranteed to get me all of the Quick Play rewards, plus leave time for normal goofing around games once I was done.

I enjoy PUG vs PUG CW matches, but the meta required to get those regularly is too much effort. So I just stick to Quick Play.

#63 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 November 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

I'd rather have pure 100% random.

In theory I would, too, but in practice I'd probably hate that.

I really, really don't like being stuck in an Assault in Conquest. If map and mode is completely random, I'm basically not allowed to take an Assault because I might get stuck in a Conquest match.

Random maps serves a purpose - it helps encourage people to create builds that will work on most maps. It's not much, but it's a good thing.

Random modes doesn't have a similar effect, at least not that I can see. It just forces people to play game styles that they don't like.

The voting system isn't ideal, but I can at least save up my mode multiplier for when I want to get into my Assaults, and then use it to avoid Conquest. Once spent, though, I switch back out of Assaults until I can build it up again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users