centurion shield

2 replies to this topic

#1 EldenLance

• PipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:53 AM

The centurion, if played properly, doesnt loose the gun arm first despite some people saying the opposite. If things are going right then you first loose your shield, then armor on LT, then goes your RA&LT roughly at the same time.

With new quirks you have the shield arm nerfed on some models. On the others you have it remaining at the same level with your gun-arm buffed to greater values. Combined with the reduction of turn rates it seems like we are being told to stop arm-shielding.

Its turning the unique chassis with unique playstyle more into just another 50-tonner with an empty arm.
It also makes the chassis less skill-friendly so to say.

I would suggest centurion's LA to have a moderete armor buff (i.e. +8) combined with current +16 structure of some models across all variants.

Because having a dedicated piece of armor that is less durable then your gun is kinda wierd.
As well as having the said piece of armor to change its durability value depending on which mech it is attached to.

#2 Wingm3n

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostEldenLance, on 29 November 2015 - 01:53 AM, said:

I would suggest centurion's LA to have a moderete armor buff (i.e. +8) combined with current +16 structure of some models across all variants.

+1 Please make that shield arm useful.

Edited by Wingm3n, 29 November 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#3 SkippyT72

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostEldenLance, on 29 November 2015 - 01:53 AM, said:

Because having a dedicated piece of armor that is less durable then your gun is kinda wierd.
As well as having the said piece of armor to change its durability value depending on which mech it is attached to.

Yet we have weapons that have different values based on what chassis they are on which I would assume you also think is "kinda weird".

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users