41 replies to this topic

#1 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWhere ever I am

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

Take away the energy bonus, reduce the ballistics C/D, cut the Gauss C/D buff of at the knees then throw in a C/D increase on Gauss across the board and I feel like I got shafted when I bought the stupid thing.

Just get rid of the gauss C/D and give it a flat ROF increase to ballistics at 30%. At least compensate us for the loss of our energy C/D's as it stands I have no reason to run it after the patch goes live and thus I will probably not be spending more money on hero mechs since it will get ruined by a PGI "rebalance" pass.
The 4G and 4P got the love hammer. Even the 4sp got more love than the GI. Look at those structure quirks on it. Plus that shiny 30% missile C/D.
The Grid Iron on the other hand gets shafted with a worthless hodgepodge of quirks.
30% energy range increase.... But they lose the Energy cooldowns completely and they had 3 to begin with. 0 range increases on Ballistics.

Maybe PGI should give M/C refunds to anyone that owns the POS to compensate them and see how many people actually want to buy it again after it gets nerfed into the ground.

Edited by Veev, 30 November 2015 - 09:24 PM.

#2 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

I feel like they forgot they were also over nerfing gauss rifles when they nerfed the grid iron.

#3 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:22 PM

I don't think you are understanding this situation at all.

PGI sold a crapton of Grid Irons by giving them crazy quirks.

Now a large proportion of the player base has them, so as usual, PGI is nerfing them and making some other Mech the "must have" quirks.

Oh look, the Top Dog has more energy hardpoints than any other IS Mechs, and is getting 25% energy range quirks!

Now please chew your cud as you are milked.

Edited by Appogee, 01 December 2015 - 02:20 AM.

#4 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another potato that doesn't get it.

THE PROBLEM IS THE GAUSS, not the GI.
GAUSS has been nerfed to the ground.

GI from 50% to 30%, which is an honest and good reduction, because 50% was plain stupid quirk.

THE PROBLEM IS PGI NERFING THE GAUSS.

#5 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:20 PM

THE PROBLEM IS THE POEOPLE WHO WANT PLAY GI AND SHOOT GAUSS FAST LIKE MACHINE GUNS!
15DMG WITH NO HEAT !

Edited by Scanz, 30 November 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#6 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:33 PM

The Grid-Iron was not overpowered.

While 50% reduction sounds rediculous, it doesnt make it OP.

Look at the LCT-1V, it has 50% cooldown reduction and 50% duration reduction on ERLL. No one is saying its OP. (Technically not many people if any were whining about the Grid-Iron either).

The only reason that Gauss is getting nerfed, is because the Clan version only weighs 12t instead of 15t, and the Clan XL engines made it easier to carry a Gauss, and they didn't have to worry about a Gauss explosion coring them out because Clan mechs have free CASE.
This gave many Clan builds heat free DPS that combined amazingly well with their light weight, small size, long range lasers.

#7 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:51 AM

View PostVeev, on 30 November 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

Take away the energy bonus, reduce the ballistics C/D, cut the Gauss C/D buff of at the knees then throw in a C/D increase on Gauss across the board and I feel like I got shafted when I bought the stupid thing.

Just get rid of the gauss C/D and give it a flat ROF increase to ballistics at 30%. At least compensate us for the loss of our energy C/D's as it stands I have no reason to run it after the patch goes live and thus I will probably not be spending more money on hero mechs since it will get ruined by a PGI "rebalance" pass.
The 4G and 4P got the love hammer. Even the 4sp got more love than the GI. Look at those structure quirks on it. Plus that shiny 30% missile C/D.
The Grid Iron on the other hand gets shafted with a worthless hodgepodge of quirks.
30% energy range increase.... But they lose the Energy cooldowns completely and they had 3 to begin with. 0 range increases on Ballistics.

Maybe PGI should give M/C refunds to anyone that owns the POS to compensate them and see how many people actually want to buy it again after it gets nerfed into the ground.

Not only the GI is garbage, but all hero's are almost garbage.

This is what i found garbage:
- AWS-PB
Garbage out of the box. I regret i bought it.

-BJ-A
They removed the 1 useful quirck Ballistic Range and MG ROF.
I really liked the setup how it was before. Running 6x MG with LPL is fun.
Now its sitting next to the DAKKA BJ-1DC which has much better Ballistic quirks.

-HBK-GI
Nerfed Gauss + Nerfed Mech = Garbage. Nerfing gauss in general is fine by me. Because it was much needed.
But nerfing this mech makes it underwhelming now...

-CENT-YLW
Nerfed balistics. Ok, slightly boosted its right arm in the upcoming patch, so need to check this out.
But to me, running an AC20 in YLW made it unique and fun.

- ORION-PROTECTOR
Who uses the Orion anyway. Barely see it on the battlefield.
And with the Marauder coming the Orion will be an UNSEEN mech.

- CTF-IM
Its future became slightly brighter after the PTS changes. But still, I don't see the Cataphract that much on the battlefield.

- Thunderbolt Topdog
Good mech, see it quite often in CW matches. Loads of hardpoints, but again META laser vomit whats not really my play-style.

For me this is a clear sign that I won't be buying hero mechs anymore. Other non-paywalled mechs are much better and efficient. Why should I pay for a cbill-boosted mech when I can grind more Cbills in 1 match with non-paywalled mechs, this is just stupid. I think PGI is to scared to get the "Pay-to-Win" label.

#8 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostScanz, on 30 November 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

THE PROBLEM IS THE POEOPLE WHO WANT PLAY GI AND SHOOT GAUSS FAST LIKE MACHINE GUNS!
15DMG WITH NO HEAT !

I ran dual A/C5's on my GI, not the gauss. I am now trying to come up with something new to use it for. It got a hodgepodge of non complimentary quirks. They earned the p2w stigma when they over buffed new mechs when they came out and proceeded to nerf them as they went Cbill buyable. This is an attempt to not earn it as quickly with Steamie players. Wonder if they realize that the playerbase will warn them about PGI's practices as soon as it goes live?

I was fortunate enough to get it as part of a package deal w/ 60 days of premium time and two other mechs, but still feel shafted by the changes.

#9 Kidd Sykes

• Pip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:05 AM

i've been running an ac 10, 3 mlas, lrm 5 on my GI for a while, taken a lot of flack from you closed minded meta players for it too. this new patch has made it mean. the marauders dont stand a chance against me because i don't heat up. my lasers will if i go nuts with it but when i get the warning, just lay into them with the ac until i cool down a bit then i'm good to alpha again. it looks like a hodgepodge array of quirks, but really its quite sleek if you find a NON GAUSS build. it destroyed the meta and that's it. play like its a team game and set up a full lance (not a company) around it's roles and you'll be glad the GI got its once over. my lance has my GI, a vindicator, a panther and sometimes a catapult and when we go out and play, we're able to carry our team for a while simply cause its 3 mechs being used as 1 attack platform built around each other. try that, not this bulldink COD style loadouts and metas. use your imaginations, break free of your prefab meta conformity, forget smurfy!

#10 Troopie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

Useless after gauss nerf.

#11 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:20 AM

I dunno about you guys, but you should really think outside the box.
I never ran Gauss on the grid iron. 50% CD or whatever, i found it crap with gauss.

Try running this build I have ran since the day I got rid of the gauss and never looked back:

XL275
3x ML
AC10 x7t ammo
ML range mod - now your MLs have total of 40% EXTRA range.....
AC10 range mod
AC10 CD mod which now gives you total of 35% including pilot tree skill.
Max Armor
Oh...and those who complain about quirks...this thing has 60% accel/decel rates....jesus...
This build is by far...SUPERIOR to the gauss Grid Iron....dont believe me? by the time you charge your shots i would of unloaded 3 AC10 shells in someones face.
Now go run at 95kph and blast peeps with AC10 like crazy cos you have 140rounds...you will NEVER run out of ammo. SO, Quit crying about Gauss GI already...jesus.

Edited by Robot Kenshiro, 08 December 2015 - 02:35 AM.

#12 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostRobot Kenshiro, on 08 December 2015 - 02:20 AM, said:

I never ran Gauss on the grid iron. 50% CD or whatever, i found it crap with gauss.

Try running this build I have ran since the day I got rid of the gauss and never looked back:

XL275
3x ML
AC10 x7t ammo
AC10 range mod
Max Armor
Oh...and those who complain about quirks...this thing has 60% accel/decel rates....jesus...
This build is by far...SUPERIOR to the gauss Grid Iron....dont believe me? by the time you charge your shots i would of unloaded 3 AC10 shells in someones face.
Now go run at 95kph and blast peeps with AC10 like crazy cos you have 140rounds...you will NEVER run out of ammo. SO, Quit crying about Gauss GI already...jesus.

The reason why I bought the Grid Iron was that it was different then all other Hunchies. The thing is, why should I buy this GI when I can stick with the HBK-4H which does the same thing? Look at the lore of the GI. Its meant to use a gauss rifle. Its nothing about being superior. Its about being different and still leaves its mark at the battlefield. So you quit crying about this and read the lore before you post something

#13 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostRobot Kenshiro, on 08 December 2015 - 02:20 AM, said:

XL275
3x ML
AC10 x7t ammo
AC10 range mod
Max Armor

I am not crying about the gauss GI getting nerfed. I am complaining about the screwy quirks it was given and the fact they suck. I ran an dual A/C 5 build, guess what it got nerfed too. They nerfed the medium pulses on the thing. Dunno if you noticed that.

They ran it over with the nerf bat. AS it was I rarely played it.

#14 Fryepod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 111 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

And of the latest patch the grid iron had it's hitboxes greater focused on it's crucial ballistic slot.. what a shame

#15 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

lol @ quirkwarriors

Edited by cSand, 28 January 2016 - 03:24 PM.

#16 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:11 PM

- Grid Iron as HBK4g great mech based on AC20 cannon only. Best in killing, best in ripping stormcrow legs and one shot some light mech in back if they to careless to run by straight. I can name only fem mech with AC20 which nice to play - HBK and Cataprhact. Change Gauss to just ballistic really nice yeah.

#17 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:53 AM

I wish they'd at least make the 1M to 2M hardpoint.

#18 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:04 AM

View PostTiantara, on 20 December 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

- Grid Iron as HBK4g great mech based on AC20 cannon only. Best in killing, best in ripping stormcrow legs and one shot some light mech in back if they to careless to run by straight. I can name only fem mech with AC20 which nice to play - HBK and Cataprhact. Change Gauss to just ballistic really nice yeah.

If you opt for ac20, the 4G wins over the GI. There is no point to slap an AC20 to a GI if you can slap it onto a 4G. It's quirked flat out better for for the job. People who bought the GI did it for the Gauss buillds.

Let's just wait for the new skilltree and hope we can quirk a c-bills hero for AC20 (since the gaussrifle got nerfed into oblivion anyways).

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 21 December 2016 - 12:53 AM, said:

I wish they'd at least make the 1M to 2M hardpoint.

Yep, 2x 10xtube launcher would be nice. It wouldn't hurt at all, the 4J and 4SP still have very different harpoints.

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:01 AM

I seriously miss The Pretty Baby's pre-quirk....quirks.

400% faster torso twist speed?
Terrible brakes (which was great because this allowed the 'Mech to climb steep hills and get to places that even lights can't reach without jumpjets....without having to use any jumpjets.)
Great acceleration.

#20 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:42 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 21 December 2016 - 04:04 AM, said:

If you opt for ac20, the 4G wins over the GI. There is no point to slap an AC20 to a GI if you can slap it onto a 4G. It's quirked flat out better for for the job. People who bought the GI did it for the Gauss buillds.

Let's just wait for the new skilltree and hope we can quirk a c-bills hero for AC20 (since the gaussrifle got nerfed into oblivion anyways).

- Yeap I have both HBK as well as 4H and 4SP. All they pretty strong and sturdy mediums great for brawling (std250 engine) and not so hot as anyone else. In some situation - better than Centurion or Griffin. I like GI for possibility easy change its role from brawler to sniper just by changing cannon. And it have quirks for side torso with gauss also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users