No replies to this topic

#1 McMurl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 186 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:07 AM

so PGI is inevitably gonna release a new package for IS, resistance 3 or whatever after the unseen mechs have been launched. lets chat about what we might see.

(TL;DR: Devastator, Archer/Crusader, Bushwacker, Sling/Hammer/Hollander)

Assault: Devastator. the newest devastator came out at the same time the EBJ did (3048) and it comes stock with 2 gauss, 2ppcs and 4 med lasers, weighing in at 100 tons. now, do i think that this game needs another 100 tonner rather then lighter assaults? idk. but it was fielded against us clanners and to great effect.

Heavy: Archer/Crusader. The idea behind these guys would be SRM boats or close support LRM boats. I love the idea of a fast-ish IS heavy clobbering an enemy with a volley of srms and then backing off with some respectable speed. The catapult and the quickdraw are ok at this, but the former suffers from barn door ears, and the latter suffers from a lack of missile hardpoints. The orion has great missile hardpoints, but its just too slow.

Medium: Bushwacker. is there anything else deserving to fill this spot? yes, i know it comes out in 3053, but, come the new year, the game will be in 3051, and PGI has stated that mechs that enter production 2 years after the current year are considered to be in development, and are therefor eligible for release. everyone loves the bushwacker, so this would be a great opportunity to enter it into the game.

Light: Sling/Hollander/Hammer. This one im having a bit of trouble with. im not that great of a light pilot, average at best, so i dont know whats needed or wanted, so i went with some mechs that dont really follow the playstyle of the current lights in MWO. i picked the Sling/Hammer for the same reason, LRMs and Streak 2s. these weapons arent ever used by lights due to the desire for better performing lasers. so i was thinking, why not have a light that was designed to use LRMs or streaks, throw in some quirks and call it a day, it would be a break from the way nearly every light is played. Now, the reason for the hollander is for the gauss rifle. there are some lights, notably the raven, that can sport a gauss rifle, but not in any practical means. Now i know that this bad boy comes out in 3054, so it might be too soon for this, but still, the clans have the kitfox that can sport the gauss rifle, so is it a terrible idea for the IS to get a gauss light?

These are my choices for the next pack. give feedback or throw in the mechs that you want to see for the next package!

Edited by grievoussmaug, 02 December 2015 - 04:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users