#41 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:00 PM

In case it wasn't clear, I nominate GHoppa.

#42 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

Yep, I got him Dane.

#43 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 December 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

sycoys,

Please explain.

If you drop in 1 mech and put up ~1k damage and a kill or two with 10 or so assists then go hide for the rest of the match while your team wins, your match score will be roughly 4x what everyone else's is and you only have to participate in the first - or maybe the first and a half wave.

It is actually completely unbalanced in terms of match performance, especially in 12 mans that roll the other team where at least 11 other people are putting in the work that wins the match.

My last CW match on the event as an example -
8 kills, 1500 damage, 24 assists - 274 match score
at least 3 others in my group roughly matched this output give or take
1 member (intentionally gaming match score) - 4 kills, 1100 damage, 18 assists - 1100+ match score for taking a break after we started wrapping up the last of the second wave.

- so he played less than 2 waves, score 4x my 2nd place score.

Edited by sycocys, 07 December 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#44 Odins Steed

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 December 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

Anyway I'd like to hear from folks who saw others really step up.

Definitely nominate GHoppa. Every time he came in the group was going to kick some ***, even if we had been on a losing streak before.

#45 P H O X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

Preface: i am drunk!

Every Guy in the FRR should get 10 Mechpaks. Even if you were the Pug guy, who provided ECM while the LRM Storm came in , and went off with 100 dmg. If you were the "Meatshield" in your Assault, getting most damage to help the others focussing the fire. If you were the guy in the light mech giving value in recon while being shot and placing the artillery or the UAV. Even if you were the bloke, trying to do the Drop Command in a Pug group, which is like herding a sack of fleas!

Fighting for the FRR is like coming home! Kudos to all!

#46 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostaGeNTo, on 07 December 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

match score of 954. took a quick screenshot as one reminded of this event.

Posted Image

I remember this match, cuz I fired off over 3000 rounds of LRM in my catapult, then ejected to grab a wubzeus but everything was dead before I could fire anything and so I tanked my own score ejecting out of a mostly unhurt but empty gunned mech.

Was a fun match.

#47 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 December 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

Please explain.

He's being overly dramatic, but yeah the match score is easily gamed. It's reduced every time you die so a relatively low damage match with zero deaths will score significantly higher than an extremely high damage match with deaths. It's very blatant when you see it. Here's an unintentional example I had during the event:

Posted Image

As you can see I have roughly twice the match score as Battlebunny despite having lower damage because I did not die and he died twice.

I suggest you just judge based on other factors and ignore match score. Damage, kills, the opponents, handicaps, etc. It might not be quantifiable but just picking matches that impress you is far less abusable than match score and still fair, given that this is your give away.

Edited by Odins Steed, 07 December 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#48 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

Thanks sycocys and Odins Steed. I recognize this aspect but appreciate the clarification. All this is at my discretion and I am taking it into account. This is also why I like the idea of people telling their stories and nominating others. I give far more weight to that sort of informal recognition than the score without context.

Edited by Bud Crue, 07 December 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#49 P H O X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

Uhm...BMMU vs Pugs? Pfffff.

/ignore Odins Steed

#50 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

View PostPolarphox, on 07 December 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Uhm...BMMU vs Pugs? Pfffff.

/ignore Odins Steed

It was to demonstrate broken match scoring, not as an entry. I'm not even FRR lol.

#51 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:33 PM

I don't have any screenshots but I would have to nominate one of those fools like Theus or Novafly who constantly spam me with invites despite the fact I repeatedly tell them how boring I think CW is and will only play 1 match.

Several of the -SO- guys were constantly forming groups from LFG as well, which is just good manners and good for the game. So if anyone is actually deserving of some sort of bonus it would be one of the drop leaders who was bringing in and teaching new players despite it being an event.

- Also Odin, that's super weird you only outscored him by roughly 100-150 points, maybe he was just focused on component destroys or something? Not exaggerating that he pulled 1100 match score from that performance, but there's all that little stuff that feeds in.

Edited by sycocys, 07 December 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#52 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:06 PM

Odins Steed is correct though, as dying markedly lowers your end of game match score.

Someone who gets 4000 damage, always engaging and harassing the enemy team and dies 4 times because they were always in harms way most often will have done more than someone who was defensive got 1500 damage and never died, yet the 1500 damage player will get a higher score.

Also kills are nice but not the be all and end all as myself and many others were legging clanners and leaving the others to kill them, in attempt to stop them getting close to the gens/omega. Plus kill stealing is a thing for some people. Heck ive seen where ive put 3 alphas into a Clan CT to see it go cherry red and only then did the Kuritan next to me bother to fire, to claim the kill... one time of many :-(

Never the less well done to all the FRR players who participated during the tourney. Everyone seems to have done what they could to help out.

nominations: Lord Creston (inspiring the 2323 guys to do all they could for the event), Theaus (for getting so many groups going and inviting me along to them), General Uglee (helping with the Reserves) and electric shoe (funny dude to drop with, cant stop talking which at least keeps you interested during the wait times between drops)

Edited by Ace Selin, 07 December 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#53 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

View PostChristopher Dayson, on 07 December 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

I remember this match, cuz I fired off over 3000 rounds of LRM in my catapult, then ejected to grab a wubzeus but everything was dead before I could fire anything and so I tanked my own score ejecting out of a mostly unhurt but empty gunned mech.

Was a fun match.

Thanks for following directives.
Hard to score high when you lead but hey, I don't play for match scores.

#54 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:32 PM

Well I didnt print screen my match scores at the end of fights.

but i got this in my tabulated match scores at the end.
486395173591642128 2015-12-07 03:06:13 566 Posted Image 488081618270143366 2015-12-06 05:44:48 570 488359120401983600 2015-12-05 01:06:44 462
and just for laughs.

Total match score: 9963

Edited by DaFrog, 07 December 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#55 Flitzomat

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,108 posts
  • Location@ the bowling alley

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

Talking about Matchscore: 487237837585130869 2015-12-06 13:07:15 1106
Posted Image

Talking about loosing in glory:
Posted Image

#56 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:49 AM

View Postsycocys, on 07 December 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

- Also Odin, that's super weird you only outscored him by roughly 100-150 points, maybe he was just focused on component destroys or something? Not exaggerating that he pulled 1100 match score from that performance, but there's all that little stuff that feeds in.

Did you see the same screenshot I did? There's more than 600 points in it. If you're talking about damage he out did me, not the other way around.

#57 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:23 AM

My 3.5 k damage game (screenshot on Page 1) was one of those seldom *always the right place at the right time* games.

Defending on Vitric Forge I was peeking and alpha'ing the hell out of my basic skills only Marauder (2x PPC, 2x AC5, 2x MPLas, XL 300). Shots returned missed, hit team mates or only damaged non-critical parts of my mech. UAV disclosed their whole team for some seconds and my artillery strike was a very mean hit as well. The
MAD accounted for 1079 damage all alone.

Nearly the same happened in my Griffin 2N (2x MLas, 4x SRM6+A, XL 280 (?)). I traded very well, rolled the incoming damage and was lucky on several occassions here with a SRM24+A Stormcrow overheating right in front of me or a Hellbringer deciding the Cicada next to me was the more worthwhile target. The 2N was destroyed only seconds after the last of my 500 missiles were gone. My damage counter already broke 2k at that time.

Next up was my Sparky (2x LLas, 4x MLas, AMS, XL 315) which I used to clean up enemy mechs who managed to break the defense and threatened the generators. I mostly went for legs or damaged STs here, using the mech's speed to cover all the hotspots emerging. Sparky was destroyed by a fresh Timber when we decided to push out of the base. Damage counter: about 2.8k.

The last mech for me was Top Dog (2x LPLas, 4x MLas, AMS, STD 280), which is excellent when it's getting close and personal or for a massive push. I managed some good trades and a nice strike here as well prior to our light mechs hunt hunting down the remaining two ECM lights of their's.

All in all this was an awesome match. I think it's the highest damage I scored in CW since it's introduction. As a final note the LPs earned in it were enough to claim rank 14 with FRR (see 'archievements unlocked' on one of the screenshots), which wasn't that easy considering the DudesClub is a merc unit.

Edited by Aylek, 08 December 2015 - 01:26 AM.

#58 Scorpion Feet

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:27 AM

I just wanted to thank the guys for their efforts to nominate me, cheers guys.

Also, seeing as i am in this, i thought i would post another screenshot. Now, this one doesn't have a particularly high damage (although i was certainly one of the highest in the game).

However, i did account for a full quarter of the enemy team!

Thats 12 kills most damage dealt, 12 killing blows, and 5 of them were solo kills. I remember being in that match, checking all friendly names, and thinking i wouldn't have a lot of help. Checking enemy names, and thinking it achievable to win. But, i was gonna have to bring my A game. I was just so focused on being efficient with my kills, to try and stop enemy pushes in their tracks.

Posted Image

I may have achieved this before, or it may not even be a big deal, but it's the first time i have noticed it. This is since i never really checked or looked at the player stats screen before PGI made the change to bring that up first at the end of game.

Anyway, i was rather proud of this game, even with its average damage, and it certainly felt like an accomplishment to me. A fruition of all the hard work i have put in to get better. :)

#59 Tunes of war

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:38 AM

I nominate our brave sargent RoyalAssassin001 from the phoenix legion - last man standing ;)

Posted Image

#60 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:21 AM

View PostGHoppa, on 08 December 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

However, i did account for a full quarter of the enemy team!

My favorite game... quarter of the team dead too, but lost to MS guys .
Posted Image

Edited by Ace Selin, 08 December 2015 - 02:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users