#41 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

Its pretty obvious, peeps want to get to the action as soon as possible. Those who want a simulation game wont admit it, but the tendency of players rushing at each other in the shortest way possible (a straight line), makes a case that respawn would be very popular....action, action, and more non-stop action.

#42 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:10 PM

View PostCoolant, on 06 December 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

Its pretty obvious, peeps want to get to the action as soon as possible. Those who want a simulation game wont admit it, but the tendency of players rushing at each other in the shortest way possible (a straight line), makes a case that respawn would be very popular....action, action, and more non-stop action.

I would be fine with the CW style being the defacto if we had better CW maps without the artificially made choke points.

#43 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4860545
what do you guys think about this for CW?

#44 Fubl

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:45 PM

Funny thing about caustic and Terra..... BOTH centers are active volcanos......meaning your heat is at least 2-5% higher than if you actually decided to engage anywhere else on the map. Doesnt sound like that tactical wise descision to me....

#45 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostFubl, on 06 December 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

Funny thing about caustic and Terra..... BOTH centers are active volcanos......meaning your heat is at least 2-5% higher than if you actually decided to engage anywhere else on the map. Doesnt sound like that tactical wise descision to me....

it is if you and you team are good at managing heat and the vast majority of teams you play aren't.

#46 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:20 PM

Because there are only 3 strategies but only 1 is simple. Rush and hold middle thus controlling ramps leading to middle. The 2nd requires patiance that most dont have. Camp ramps leading out of middle or the last in wich you keep moving only on outside of middle. Most will not be patiant then rush in one by one thanks to ramps and focus fired to death. And nascar is suicide for heavies.

#47 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:01 PM

Because as people are starting to figure out, (those of us who used to only play skirmish already know this)

Capping doesn't get you as many cbills or xp as damaging and killing the enemy. If you want cbills you go for damage and kills, oh and the bonus if you kill them all is you win.

People rush mid on caustic because its a position you can rotate around and peek and exploit the slow stragglers.

Play every game like it is skirmish and you will do fine.

If assault or conquest were implemented better they would be more fun, but since turrets were removed in assault its boring and far more lucrative (and fun) to simply kill them all, conquest has never been anything else other than skirmish with different spawn points, again if it was implemented better it would be fun and lucrative to be a cap warrior but its not.

Edited by jaxjace, 06 December 2015 - 07:03 PM.

#48 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:01 PM

View PostFubl, on 06 December 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

The crater on Caustic is a situational tool you use to make a quick rush at the back end of an enemy's team or to otherwise jam them up where they are. You don't typically stay there.

The crater on Terra Therma cuts the travel time across the map in half for the controlling team, letting you respond quickly to threats from any position, and it also offers a hard-to-reach position since the only ways in are through choke-points. As long as you have good discipline on your side, it's very difficult for the opposition to get in. Even if you coordinate a split-push, if the enemy finds out about it the assaulting team is doomed as the enemy will form up, crush one flank, and then pour back in and crush the other one.

#49 fogsworth

• PipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:54 AM

I've been in a few games where someone on VOIP says don't rush, let them come to us. It has never worked. It allows the enemy to surround you with good positions.

It's more effective to form a death ball and charge. When enemy is encountered start rotating around then too flank. This tends to occur naturally with no communication.

In my opinion any strategy that goes against the natural tendencies is doomed to fail.

This being said, if anyone wants to try some strategies feel free to add me in game and I'll follow along. I think with even three people on VOIP you could do some amazing things.

Edited by fogsworth, 07 December 2015 - 12:02 PM.

#50 Zypher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 418 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

View Postfogsworth, on 07 December 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

I've been in a few games where someone on VOIP says don't rush, let them come to us. It has never worked. It allows the enemy to surround you with good positions.

It's more effective to form a death ball and charge. When enemy is encountered start rotating around then too flank. This tends to occur naturally with no communication.

In my opinion any strategy that goes against the natural tendencies is doomed to fail.

This being said, if anyone wants to try some strategies feel free to add me in game and I'll follow along. I think with even three people on VOIP you could do some amazing things.

In my experience it's more often than not that the team just doesn't listen, you get people straying off in different directions, there are always players in pug matches with no patience. It doesn't matter how you say it via chat or VOIP, do not try to take pot shots through the choke points when you are on the outside.mid in TT.

People don't get firing arcs and fire convergence...well more like they just don't care. So if 10 people of 12 wait to camp, and you lose a heavy and assault playing peekaboo with 12 mechs, it wouldn't matter the scenario, you are fighting an up hill battle and the outcome doesn't look good.

Remember in a 12:12 assuming both teams have cover they have as much opportunity and coordination to call attacks as well as respond to them from different angles.

Human nature is to go with the path of least resistance...in Puglandia it's go mid or go home, everything else is just too exhausting.

You can change the maps, the objectives, the respawn etc, but you cannot take the ug out of Pug.

Edited by Zypher, 07 December 2015 - 01:06 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users