We Lost ..yay All The Top Merk Teams Went Clan.

60 replies to this topic

#21 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:54 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 08 December 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

Great points.

Until there is additional content setting all the various factions apart and giving them character this is a mech game, not a MechWarrior game.

They really need to start working on that big time. The warrior part of the game.

That would require cutting and pasting text from Sarna and coding some text fluff pages...out of their scope at the moment.

#22 Doman Hugin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:22 AM

We've already had a CW Tukayyid event, and as i remember ques were 20-30 IS teams waiting for a clan team to form.

I solo group pug except for events like these and have 95% IS mechs, and as i haven't got hours to waste waiting i chose clan for this event, even had to use that free 'Adder' I got from some event to make my dropdeck.

But 2-3 min wait times more than made up for not playing IS. I think a few more people did this too as i never saw more than 20 IS teams waiting while i was on.

#23 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:38 AM

Its all about the wait times. Personally, id have preferred to play as IS had it been just down to the mechs. But Clans were obviously going to have both shorter queues, and be on the attack meaning no having to defend against Gen rushes. These factors mean that the high skill merc units will always switch to Clans for these events, making it lopsided every time. Dont see how you fix that problem, without preventing faction swapping - and that would give rise to the problem of there being WAY too many IS.

Other issue is more IS pugs/solos. Pug teams make you lose when you are queuing for battle slots to open, because the good IS premades are sitting in a queue while a team of pugs is getting its face stomped in - if that pug team had never queued up, the good premade would be in the game instead, and the result could very well be different.

#24 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:42 AM

You freebirth scum! We, the Clans, even sent a first rate second line Solahma unit against you (us from SBG) only to shame you and soil your honour because even then you couldn't win.

------------------------------

On a more serious note:
If there were a meta game, there would be a kind of faction pride and people wouldn't change factions like their underwear.

Edited by Bush Hopper, 08 December 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#25 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:49 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 07 December 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

Nah...I think what he was saying is that Clans didn't use mercs in lore during the invasion (unless I'm mistaken). That's probably one of the least of the lore related worries though lol.

And no...I don't think that your "gamers like chaos" theory is the reason for the IS losing.

And in Lore the biggest unit was probably not a merc one.

No one should be clan because we are all freebirth's

MWO isn't lore, only it's background.

#26 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:53 AM

I have some sort of Wolf as my forum portrait. Am I Clam or Islamic State?

#27 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 08 December 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

You freebirth scum! We, the Clans, even sent a first rate second line Solahma unit against you (us from SBG) only to shame you and soil your honour because even then you couldn't win.

------------------------------

On a more serious note:
If there were a meta game, there would be a kind of faction pride and people wouldn't change factions like their underwear.

Oh god... you people only change your underwear once a week?

#28 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:16 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 08 December 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

No one should be clan because we are all freebirth's

Speak for yourself, freebirth scum! Posted Image

I actually don't understand why there are more IS puggers. Clams are much more noob friendly: you don't need to know about armor/structure upgrades, XL-engines or case; they are much more versatile with omnipods; they generally have higher mounted weapons and just look sexier Posted Image

Is this all just because of price trap so IS mechs look cheaper? This is what should have been addressed in the first place.

I think clams win exactly because they are much more noob friendly have better pilots. Kappa.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Viges, 08 December 2015 - 05:18 AM.

#29 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:34 AM

View Postwicm, on 07 December 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

With all the top merk teams going to the clans ( witch is anti lore) and most noobs stating out IS, the win was a foregone conclusion. Why give us banners to tell us something that IS loyalist knew at the start of the event..

Trigger warning { if you are squimish read no further} Rant starts here...

Oh well since lore means nothing maybe next year House Davion can field their clan mechs, tho by then they might get nerfed so badly it wont make a difference. Btw I'm not saying that 228 and MS need clan mechs to be good. lord knows some of the MS guys would have cleaned our clocks if they all were in only Urbies....hmm that gives me an Idea next year top tier players must only field lites Posted Image I wonder if the clan loyalist are pissed about merks doing the heavy lifting? Just thinking out loud.Posted Image

Yes actually. Gives all you salty can't be bothered to attempt the winning strategy IS loyalist more ammo for the WE SUCK brigade.

When that view could not be further from the truth...

#30 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:37 AM

Oooooh.. snap... hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife, the Clans won cose' of them' mercs. Let the whinefest begin..

Sorry, nope..

The Clans won cose' we fought hard, played hard, and carried on like it was our job! Posted Image

I can't speak for others, but let me tell you, yeah, sure MS and 228's were a big help, and yeah, MS is the top unit, but saying that we won cose' of them seriously takes away from us who actually PLAYED for like 40+ hours straight, barely sleeping, living off junk food, and putting our lives (which we actually have, by some miracle) on hold, just so we could say the Clans won two Tukayyid's in a row.

So please, just admit honorable defeat, and leave it at that.

Don't dishonor yourselves with this bile. Don't over analyze. Don't blame it on this guy, or that weapon.

Learn from your loss, organize, and next time, do better.

Install that "Tukayyid LOSS" in your cockpit as badge of learning from your mistakes.

As far as "Clans not using mercs".. yes, Clan's didn't use mercs.

In lore, during Tukayyid, the great IS Houses WEREN'T EVEN THERE.

Comstar was.

And let me remind you that Comstar was not fighting for IS. Oh no, it was fighting to save its own rear torso. They worked with Clan Wolf the whole invasion, and only when ilKhan Ulrich Kerensky told them to their faces that the Clans objective was Terra (home planet of Comstar), did Tukayyid happen.

And the Tukayyid we played is NOTHING LIKE the Tukayyid from lore... if it was, Clan tags would now be on Terra, and there would not be 63 zones but specific cities we would have to conquer.

So no, I don't really care that "merc units" were a big part of the win. I even dropped with them. Why? Cose' at that time, they were not mercenaries.

They were WOLF.

So much so that they opened up their TS and organized anyone who wanted to join into a great big alliance of Wolf. ( A lesson IS players should learn - Teamwork really does = Victory)

Thanks MS.. Twas a pleasure.

Edited by Vellron2005, 08 December 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#31 Obelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

I hate the clans. Their addition makes things impossible to balance and folks will always bandwagon whichever faction is OP that month.

Edited by Obelus, 08 December 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#32 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:54 AM

View Postwicm, on 07 December 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

I wonder if the clan loyalist are pissed about merks doing the heavy lifting? Just thinking out loud.Posted Image

The clan loyalists are just annexing the merc-corps victory and calling it their own victory. Kinda like how TV spectators in a football game somehow believe that they had a role in their team winning.

Honestly, the major merc units could have given IS the win had they chosen to go that side -- but the number of IS newbies and funtimers filling up the drop-lanes would have made getting drops painful for them. Why wait 20 minutes to play a match when you can wait 2 minutes? IMHO PGI fail in that regard.

Edited by nehebkau, 08 December 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#33 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 08 December 2015 - 01:53 AM, said:

I have some sort of Wolf as my forum portrait. Am I Clam or Islamic State?

Obviously you are part of the Turkic Khaganate. Check out the flag. https://en.wikipedia...urkic_Khaganate

Edited by El Bandito, 08 December 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#34 Admiral_Korean_Jesus

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:14 AM

As part of MS, we support any faction we are aligned with a number of different ways.

First we coordinate to work together with other major units in that faction.

We regularly invite pugs to join both our TS, or join in on coms and do our best to organize group drops.

This includes training of our own officers and drop commanders to lead both pure MS and combined pug and MS sorties.

We have a varied skill level of pilots, the key being is we work together regardless. It doesn't matter if we have a full "A" team online at the time, or just a few officers spread between multiple groups, we encourage team work and combined training to be successful.

Skill+Team Work=OP

#35 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

*** I did not play the event so I am just going off what I am hearing ***

So the top Merc units all went clan side. In all of the pug vs premade discussion I hear it is always said that the top teams REALLY only want to play other top teams. Pug stomping is no fun for them. Yet every time we have an event like this it seems the majority of the top units are on the same side. Makes some of these comments sound disingenuous.

The argument I usually hear is that the queues are shorter. But I thought it was about quality of matches, not quantity. Again, previous statements contradict.

*** Just an observations from a forum lurker ***

S

#36 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostFeetwet, on 08 December 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

So the top Merc units all went clan side. In all of the pug vs premade discussion I hear it is always said that the top teams REALLY only want to play other top teams. Pug stomping is no fun for them. Yet every time we have an event like this it seems the majority of the top units are on the same side. Makes some of these comments sound disingenuous.

The argument I usually hear is that the queues are shorter. But I thought it was about quality of matches, not quantity. Again, previous statements contradict.

S

Its because we know that there are huge numbers of IS pugs who dont even have Clan mechs, thus queue times for IS will be longer. We know that if we play the less populated side its a C-Bill printing exercise - i could only play friday and monday evenings for the event and made 40 million C-Bills. We do it for the queue times.

#37 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:39 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 08 December 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

Its because we know that there are huge numbers of IS pugs who dont even have Clan mechs, thus queue times for IS will be longer. We know that if we play the less populated side its a C-Bill printing exercise - i could only play friday and monday evenings for the event and made 40 million C-Bills. We do it for the queue times.

So you are addicted to C-Bills, arent you?

#38 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 08 December 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

Finally someone with a reasonable... reasonPosted Image This makes sense and is something you cant see from the IS side.

#39 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:56 AM

They are -- a little. Top teams want to perform well and be competitive. Top teams want to show up as being a top team in the rankings. When that is on the line top teams will, when all things are equal, choose a side that has an advantage. In this game that could be clan-tec vs. IS tec or it could be the Drops-per-hour you can achieve because of population differences. In the end, for a competitive team, it is all about being the winner -- platitudes aside.

S

Again, to get your name at the top of a 'list' to prove your unit is awesome, in a match where total numbers are the metric, getting more drops means you have a higher chance of getting into that list. The abundance of newbie players being on the IS side is PGI's fault, pure and simple.

Edited by nehebkau, 08 December 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#40 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 08 December 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

So you are addicted to C-Bills, arent you?

Ive got 16 IIC mechs coming in a week, ill need to buy probably 50 million worth of Clan XL engines and Endo steel upgrades. Yes, i need the C-Bills.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users