14 replies to this topic

#1 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:08 PM

The other week new rewards system I could make some serious cbills... but since last update it seems harder again. Did they ninja nerf or what the heck do I gotta do...

This game was tonight.... this is my earnings with premium and using loyalty crab with 30% boost..

I thought I had a great match but then I received a firm kick in my nuts when I saw the pitiful rewards for what I thought was pretty damned decent performance.... maybe I just sux Posted Image but seriously wtf..

http://i1122.photobu...zpshlejcl28.jpg

A match recently.. did half the damage and made more... does damage not matter at all... is it all about something else?

http://i1122.photobu...zpsqsm0zayp.jpg

Edited by BasicInfantry, 08 December 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:15 PM

I'd say the mere 1 savior kill combined with what appears to be no spotting, scouting, flanking, counter ECM, or Hit & Run bonuses would be the issue.

#3 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

So actually doing 1006 damage really does nothing for me and I should try to do things other than damage to make cbills? Kinda hard to get scouting, flanking, spotting or hit in run in a 100 ton crab... maybe I should just stick to lighter mechs if I have to do everything under the sun than dish out the pain just to earn cbills.

Assaults should receive something for doing their jobs at the very least.. not just the lighter mechs that can earn these specialized bonuses.. but oh well I had fun :)

So off to stomp some more helpless mechs in the face!

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:27 PM

Break down that rewards chart, and you'll get your answer.

It's literally staring you in the face. Damage is better for Match Score, but doesn't pay as well as some of the bonuses.

#5 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostBasicInfantry, on 08 December 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

So actually doing 1006 damage really does nothing for me and I should try to do things other than damage to make cbills? Kinda hard to get scouting, flanking, spotting or hit in run in a 100 ton crab... maybe I should just stick to lighter mechs if I have to do everything under the sun than dish out the pain just to earn cbills.

Assaults should receive something for doing their jobs at the very least.. not just the lighter mechs that can earn these specialized bonuses.. but oh well I had fun Posted Image

Go for savior kills, solo kills, most damage dealts, and protected mech bonuses. You can earn cbills just by standing near damaged medium and light mechs while in an assault.

#6 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

Nah they won't nerf rewards until about a month or 2 after all the new Steam players have settled down.

#7 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 08 December 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

Go for savior kills, solo kills, most damage dealts, and protected mech bonuses. You can earn cbills just by standing near damaged medium and light mechs while in an assault.

This. If you gonna play solo better make sure to do well, otherwise it's safer to cuddle up with your smaller mechbuddies. Posted Image

#8 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:33 PM

The biggest downside to beefy mechs right now is that tanking damage isn't rewarded.

#9 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 08 December 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

The biggest downside to beefy mechs right now is that tanking damage isn't rewarded.

Games like Overwatch (FPS) are giving MVP notices for people who absorb the most damage in a match.

Killing Floor 2 does it too - most healing, etc.

MWO can easily do that with a little creative thinking.

Edited by Elizander, 08 December 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#10 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

So actually doing 1006 damage really does nothing for me...

It's where you got the bulk of your rewards from.

BTW, 1000+ damage being good is very subjective. I've broken 1000 damage in a 2xGauss/2xERPPC KGC a couple times. And to be perfectly honest, that means my shooting was sloppy. While I was able to consistently hit, I was not able to consistently put that damage where it would do the most good. With 1000+ damage, if one doesn't get 4 or 5 kills it means a lot of damage was spent tearing off arms, legs, or side torsos, but not actually killing the enemy.

In your second screen cap you made a LOT of c-bills off of other bonuses, more than enough to make up for your lower damage total.

#11 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:32 AM

I just find it harder in my assaults to earn as much. The team mostly runs away from the assaults right from the start of the match.. by the time I catch up they already decided to take off and leave the assaults behind again.

It's getting harder for me to get kills because faster heavies and mediums are constantly running directly in front of my fire and stopping right in front of me and taking the kill shots (rewarding kills more over damage is just stupid in a "team" game) I swear they wait til just the right moment and there they are! I see so many most damage dealt rewards but lack of kills because of this... my 4 uac5s melt off components thankfully or I fear my cbills would be worse.

Role warfare bonuses should go both ways just not the way of the lighter you are the better for you...

Assault Lives Matter! :P

#12 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:37 AM

Assaults should receive something for doing their jobs at the very least.. not just the lighter mechs that can earn these specialized bonuses.. but oh well I had fun Posted Image

Dish out pain that results in component destructions and you are golden..

#13 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:54 AM

View PostEscef, on 08 December 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'd say the mere 1 savior kill

Savior kills make a huge difference in earnings. You can easily get an extra 10k per assist if he's shot at enough of your teammates recently, which then turns into 18k with premium time and hero 'mech.

The matches where I get way more c-bills than normal are almost always due to savior kills, which you really don't have a lot of control over.

#14 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:56 AM

I've been getting much better CBill rewards since the last patch dropped, so exactly the opposite of nerfed.

#15 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:56 AM

Conquest bonus. More monies in Conquest I guess.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users