[Updated With Gearvr] Diy Vr - Mwo With Google Cardboard (Working Head Tracking)

30 replies to this topic

#21 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:21 AM

Doesn't MWO use the encrypted TrackIR API?
I thought opentrack couldn't work with MWO because they cannot put the haiku into opentrack (because it is copyrighted), and it is what is used to encrypt the communication?

TrackIRFixer may be able to rectify this, but MWO is not listed as supported.
http://naturalpointo...ackirfixer.html

Note this from the readme though:

• If the game is being run as an administrator or the directory is protected, TrackIRFixer need to be run as an administrator (right click on file and select 'Run as administrator').

I am pretty sure that MWO falls into this category. AHK scripts, for example, generally need to run as admin to work with MWO.

Edited by evilC, 22 June 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#22 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:56 AM

Opentrack works just fine for my EDTracker.

#23 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:00 AM

But what APIs does ED support? If it supports OpenTrack directly, or supports the unencrypted TrackIR API, then yes it will work.

#24 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:58 AM

I don't know about Elite: Dangerous. Don't have it (yet). I was talking about using this headtracking device in MWO. The "freetrack 2.0 Enchanced protocol" in the opentrack-2.3-rc21p11 I'm currently using works just fine without the need of any additional fixers. It may be encrypted, but that protocol beats it somehow.

#25 Ekezial

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 102 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:04 PM

Sorry guys, I've been very busy and away for quite sometime. i'll check the latest versions and update soon.

#26 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:01 AM

I tried to follow the tutorial, but it doesn't seem to work... no matter how I turn my head, the camera does not rotates. Is it still working for anyone?
(I'm using google cardboard)

#27 Syntax Error22

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:27 AM

I just got this to work with my Nexus 6P, using both Trinus + Open Track. To get full head motion, use the UDP method so Open Track gets the rotations. Make sure both Trinus and Open Track are started and connected BEFORE running MWO. The game seems to only check for TrackIR when first loading.

#28 Deadead

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

Dude i know this has been dead a couole months but i just checked into vr again after a long while. Saw you post the how to for gear vr. You rock! Thanks man this is awesome. Im trying it hopefully when i get home today and i will let you know how it goes. Thanks!

#29 Death Process

Rookie

• Sergeant
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

Omg thank you so much for this, I'd be trying to figure out how to get this to work for ages.

Quick question though, have you figured out a way to force MWO to run at a proper aspect ratio/resolution for a cardboard headset? In other games I usually run something like 920x1080 which is like 8:9 I think? But MWO won't let me select any of those resolutions.

#30 JebDslayer

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

I cant see the option settings in the picture. Mind giving images of the settings that dont use photobuck/3rd party hosting please?

#31 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:05 PM

View PostDeadead, on 10 December 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

Dude i know this has been dead a couole months but i just checked into vr again after a long while. Saw you post the how to for gear vr. You rock! Thanks man this is awesome. Im trying it hopefully when i get home today and i will let you know how it goes. Thanks!

and nothing was ever heard of him again....

i hope nothing bad happened to him on the way home >_>

Edited by SHRedo, 31 March 2019 - 04:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users