86 replies to this topic

#41 Artanizzz

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostFlutterguy, on 11 December 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

That Liao number is easily the most surprising statistic so far. Thanks for the math.

And looks like TCAF is more than one third of all Liao population...
Well, anyway, we had some great drops, so thanks, clanners ;)

#42 Not Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 688 posts
  • LocationThat one place

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

View PostSkippyT72, on 11 December 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

My bad should have been qouting Not Bob, just clicked on the other guys post.

Yeah - That's my bad. I missed a variant when I was looking at it.

View PostJman5, on 11 December 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

I think you left off a few variants.

1st place: 44,528 timberwolves vs 43,046 thunderbolts

2nd place: 38,921 ebon jaguars vs 25,595 marauders

I've fixed it now :P I missed one of the variants down the list (TDR Topdog, and Timby Prime(I) - and there's already a Timby Prime in the count.. lol)

I did mention the marauders, but our second most used mech pales in comparison to clan's 2nd(Ebj), 3rd (HBR at 32937mechs) and is on par with 4/5th most used clan mechs (Storm crow at 21408 and Cheetah at 21381)

#43 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostTarogato, on 11 December 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

I entered the stats into a spreadsheet and calculated percentages, average earnings, totaled mech counts according to chassis instead of variant, etc.:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Hopefully somebody will find this helpful.

If you want to see the true mech percentages you have to add up the weight class numbers they listed. For example, about 16% of all clan mechs played were Timberwolves and about 15% of all IS mechs played were Thunderbolts.

Clan: 277,629
IS: 284,344

#44 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostKuritaclan, on 11 December 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

*eyebrow rising*
If this is the case, i'm not so sure. Going through most played IS Mechs I don't see the heavy ranged quirked like a Cicada X5 (and man they are so anoying) or the BLR-1S or others with >25% range on energie weapons.

What it tells me IS doesn't used their range advantage. But instead leveled their new jewels marauders. And over all bring the mechs into their drop decks what are old rabbits like Stalker 4Ns with 10% range quirke or Thunderbolts which also did got some nerf bat hits, but are fine i think. Also you see many Champion Mechs like a Raven 3L (C) or the TDR9 SE (C) ord TBR-C (C). So i would say that still many players couldn't afford fully customized drop decks and fitted in free giftet mechs by PGI to fill up the drop deck. I did so to when I played on event start for IS.

Therefore it proves more the point that IS still used not optimized drop decks, while clanside has the old workhorses, which can not be avoided, if you do not wanna mess up your drop deck, with underperformers caused by "fixed equipment" which are not customizeable and lack for example in loadout tonnage/mech tonnage.

Marauder is only in because of leveling. Clan Assaults arn't in because you get maximum one into into a dropdeck. The first "usefull Dropdeck starts out with 2 timber or even more lighter mechs that could be 2 times in a dropdeck and goes down to 4 SCRs if you choose so.

what range advantage? clans still greatly out range IS, clans only lost max range.

Edited by Frost Lord, 11 December 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#45 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

View Postvocifer, on 11 December 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

I don't think we'd see any stats that require filtering the database. Any kinds of summaring either parameter but not what you're asking.

But I've got interested in your question and found this screenshot:
Posted Image
It's somewhere at the last minutes of event, it's not accurate but I didn't find any better.

So, assuming that maps are cycling as usual Boreal-Sulfur-Hellbore-Grim-Emerald-Vitric - repeat, we'll have:

Sectors controlled by Clans:
Boreal - 7 (11)
Sulfur - 9 (11)
Hellbore - 8 (11)
Grim - 5 (10)
Emerald - 5 (10)
Vitric - 4 (10)

Which proves your point: clans are better on long range/cold maps and worse on brawling/hot ones.

Also, number of matches per map per slot is going to be:
  • EMERALD TAIGA: 29745/10 = 2974.5
  • VICTRIC FORGE: 28453/10 = 2845.3
  • BOREAL VAULT: 32940/11 = 2994.5
  • SULFUROUS RIFT: 30338/11 = 2758
  • HELLEBORE SPRINGS: 30785/11 = 2798.6
  • GRIM PORTICO: 30660/10 = 3066
Which means that Grim is the easiest one to rush and Sulfur is the hardest (size really matters).

We tested a few maps we dropped on and the map rotation was as usual, Boreal-Sulfur-Hellbore-Grim-Emerald-Vitric - repeat.

#46 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

View PostAngrySpartan, on 11 December 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

Indeed, the rebalance did not shifted the meta by an inch.

Of course not. It will take more than just a quirk rebalance to change it.

#47 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostFrost Lord, on 11 December 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

what range advantage? clans still greatly out range IS, clans only lost max range.

You say it yourself clans lost max range. Why do you ask: "what range advantage." Thats not "only". Its plain and simple they don't have it anymore. So what are you talking about. There is no flat range advantage anymore where it matters like on boreal. Just bring the mechs whicht fit it. On the other maps like vitric range was never a issue. Oh w8 I know by your logic clans also have a heat advantage. Cause you know C-SPLs .... pff.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 11 December 2015 - 10:41 PM.

#48 SkippyT72

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:31 PM

Cool, thanks for the spreadsheet

#49 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostJman5, on 11 December 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

If you want to see the true mech percentages you have to add up the weight class numbers they listed. For example, about 16% of all clan mechs played were Timberwolves and about 15% of all IS mechs played were Thunderbolts.

Clan: 277,629
IS: 284,344

Niiiiiiice catch. Fix'd.

#50 JohnSmith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 December 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

Top 20 Clan mechs used:

TBR-C(C) | 12562
EBJ-A | 12009
TBR-C | 10380
HBR-PRIME | 9625
EBJ-B | 9444
EBJ-C | 9017
HBR-A | 8891
TBR-S | 8503
EBJ-Prime(I) | 8451

Diversity...

And where are the others clan mechs? Like Executioner, Gargoyle, Summoner? Where is the famous Summoner?

Great re-ballans PGI)))

Edited by JohnSmith, 12 December 2015 - 05:01 AM.

#51 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:35 AM

it is just as simple
try to use a assault mech like the direwolf and youll see its movement and twist is so nefed that even a IS heavy mech can run circles around you ,.. Dire was the slowest mech bevore but now its just a Victim,
These listet few mechs plus the Arctic Cheetah are the only ones competetive even though i used and use the Warhawk, Clan Assault mechs are next to useless now. Direwolf is simply deadshot by the additional agility and movement nerfs so is the executioner,.. maybe if the MASC would be online continnuously the exe had a chance but at the way is now the clan Assault mechs wont be seen much anymore

Range advantage??? every Thunderbolt has more range just to name one
Ballistic advantage by UAC 20 etc? yah still bugy thats why these canons are seen that much
There is no advantage of clan anymore, just in the - contaire
Clan cant change components in the intern section
NO reactors
NO structure
NO armor
fast overheating by trmendous ghost heat penalty
long Burntime for Lasers plus more heat generation of all clan energy weapons
Clan Heatsinks are almost nerfed down to single heat sinks rate

so again i am asking what advantage?

Just wait and see what happens when the good groups arnt using clan mechs anymore without many of the good playing merc troops on clan side this Tukkyayid batte would ve been lost with music by clans

Edited by Russhuster, 12 December 2015 - 04:44 AM.

#52 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:39 AM

@Russhuster, what you have written down is to much doomsday. But it is correct, if there was a niche for bringing a clan assault those little spots melted to spotlighlights. You can only bring them if you know that your group slay the enemy anyway so you never be in a situation somthing makes it in your sides or even behind you. But if this is the case it does not matter if you bring a assault or something else, since your team even your performance anyway out.

#53 Texhnolyze IIC

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:29 AM

Besides the usual stats, can we get total "total damage done by unit" in part 2?

#54 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:51 AM

Wow, that player count is really small for an event like this. I expected a whole lot more than that. I guess this is why it feels like not very many people are on CW. Is there just not very many people playing?

#55 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostJohnSmith, on 12 December 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

Diversity...

And where are the others clan mechs? Like Executioner, Gargoyle, Summoner? Where is the famous Summoner?

Great re-ballans PGI)))

Those mechs partially suffer from a variety of items, such as being humanoid with low hardpoint mounts, especially arms that can not be raised from the hip, just like a majority of the lower tiered IS mechs. And would also benefit if PGI changed the Ferro to Endo by default.

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 12 December 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

Wow, that player count is really small for an event like this. I expected a whole lot more than that. I guess this is why it feels like not very many people are on CW. Is there just not very many people playing?

Compare it to the previous one that ran for a longer period of time, 4-24-15 to 4-30-15, so a weekend event compared to the last week long event. I do not think that count is bad. Also consider that many sat this one out for a variety of reasons, such many did not wish to deal with the possibility of extreme long wait time on the IS side, and that this one did not have the "hype" like the first one.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 12 December 2015 - 09:23 AM.

#56 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostJohnSmith, on 12 December 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

Diversity...

Great re-ballans PGI)))

View PostRusshuster, on 12 December 2015 - 04:35 AM, said:

it is just as simple
try to use a assault mech like the direwolf and youll see its movement and twist is so nefed that even a IS heavy mech can run circles around you ,.. Dire was the slowest mech bevore but now its just a Victim,
These listet few mechs plus the Arctic Cheetah are the only ones competetive even though i used and use the Warhawk, Clan Assault mechs are next to useless now. Direwolf is simply deadshot by the additional agility and movement nerfs so is the executioner,.. maybe if the MASC would be online continnuously the exe had a chance but at the way is now the clan Assault mechs wont be seen much anymore

You guys are over thinking it. The reason the assault mechs you mentioned were not used as much is because players had to build a 4-mech drop deck with just 240 tons. It's why heavies are so over-represented on the top 20. If the game said bring 4 mechs and anything goes, it would be an assault mech-fest.

For me, I chose to use two assaults and it meant I had to sacrifice my other two slots for two lights. In the end, I did just fine. However you can't blame the mechs because a lot of people prefered a more consistent drop deck.

#57 WeekendWarrior

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:08 AM

Wow, that player count is really small for an event like this.

Considering what a complete mess Tukayyid 1 was (especially IS side), i'm actually surprised we still got that many players this time...

#58 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

I just feel that CW is getting boring. There isn't a real reason to fight over world. We don't get anything major for taking a capital world. Where are the mech factories and other important mech cashes or lose tech cashes that bring war to back water worlds?

We really do need NPC mechs and mixed tech. Again even if it's NPC played.
I'd love to be in my mech and take on tanks, choppers and hover craft.

Also we really need prizes for taking planets or for having contributed in its being taken or defended.

Let's say you contributed to an attack and a planet flipped and changed hands. Everyone that was pet of that happening should than get a bonus shipment injected into their accounts. You would have had to "at least" be part of that contribution by bein in at least 5 winning attacks. Than you'll get a drop crate injected hat is filled with like 10 random things. Could be anything. Much like we get in the Holliday events with the trick or treat bags or stockings. Just 10 random things in a crate instead of 1 random thing.

Idk... Just thinking. But something more needs to be done with CW to give us reasons to fight and defend planets. It's real boring right now.

#59 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:02 PM

View PostNot Bob, on 11 December 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

About 44000 timbys vs about 43000 tbolts, is anyone really surprised?

Edit did more math:Looks like roughly 44000 timbys 40000 ebjs, 32000 hell bringers, 20000 stormcrows, and 21000 cheetahs. The only surprise on this list is the lone adder at 6600 lol. Is only had 43000 thunderbolts to compete with that. The rest are all over the board except for 26000 marauders many of which were being leveled up I'm sure, lol

Edit 2: Forgot a Tbolt and Twolf varient

the adder is no surprise at all it cna eb a fine srm or PPC sniper mech.

#60 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

Welcome to the world of niche games, may I take your coat?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users