- - - - -

New Mech Purchase

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mighty Virtus

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:23 AM

I have just got back online with MWO after about 2 years after my PC motherboard fried...I log back on to see all my purchased mechs were locked but had the option to sell them all...which I did for a handsome chunk of change. Upon looking to use gained Comstar Bills to recreate my Mech arsenal, i cant find it now after the many updates since my last log on...its like a totally different game. Where do i buy mechs using Comstar Bills???

Edited by Mighty Virtus, 13 December 2015 - 01:29 AM.

#2 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:10 AM

You buy mechs in the store (yellow button on top of thee screen).
When you buy a mech you'll have the option to pay with MC or cbills, select cbills.

PS : But I hate to tell you this, I highly doubt your old mechs were "locked". Some mechs in your mechlab are actually locked, but those are not yours, they are the trial mechs everybody can test for free. You can't modify them and can't sell them.

#3 Lanaman

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:20 AM

my mechs are also lock that i bought with MC yes bought. I can see them in inventory and able to sell them but not able to use.

#4 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:27 AM

View PostMighty Virtus, on 13 December 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

I log back on to see all my purchased mechs were locked but had the option to sell them all...which I did for a handsome chunk of change.

This sounds like you've been in your home/inventory tab (the only place you could possibly sell your mechs from).
I know that mechbays are probably limited but usually you won't get your money back when selling mechs. Selling 3-4 assault mechs barely leaves enough change to buy 1-2 light mechs. yet alone to outfit and modify them.

Select your mechs out of the mechlab tab, if they're "locked" or invalid. that means they either missing crucial parts (like engines or heatsinks) or have no weapons at all. There's a small icon you could hover over next to the mechs name which tells you if something is "wrong" with an invalid mech.

That said, welcome back, mechwarrior.

#5 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:11 AM

If you are able to sell something it is yours and you would have been able to uses it !!!

Your Mechhangar UI has 4 main sections with access uppermost in you screen.

The most tricky parts are the *select mech* screen and the Mechlab.
I'll try to explain the select screen since this will possibly help you most.

If you are missing mechs you can klick the show all button in the upper left corner of the select mech window.
Now all mechs available to you should be displayed.

If a mech got a red tag with *invalid* it means the mechs build is missing minimum required parts.
Those could be:
-- Engine;
-- min 1 armor at every zone;
-- valid weapons loadout;
-- min 10 heatsinks ( engines below 250 rating have less then 10 internal heatsinks the formula for possible engine internal heatsinks is: enginrating/25 - 10 = number of heatsinks you can put additionaly into your reaktor. If your number is negative you HAVE TO put the respective number extra somewhere into your mech. )

To see what is missing or wrong select the invalid mech with a leftklick and go to the mechlab.
Above the Mechs image is a warning symbol in yellow or red.
If it is red you cant use the mech at all.
Leftklick the warning sign.

Also welcome back Mechwarrior

Edited by The Basilisk, 13 December 2015 - 03:12 AM.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:18 AM

View PostMighty Virtus, on 13 December 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

I have just got back online with MWO after about 2 years after my PC motherboard fried...I log back on to see all my purchased mechs were locked but had the option to sell them all...which I did for a handsome chunk of change.

you only get at most half the value of a sold Mech or sold equipment, any upgrades (e.g. DHS, Endo, Fero, Artemus) you get nothing for, and selling a Mech by default it dies not sell the items, so you usualy get less than 20% the purchase cost, unless you tick the sell equipment box

I suggest contacting support on accounts@mwomercs.com , explaining what happened, and asking nicely to have them back, support will usualy fix 1 mistake per account

what you saw as a lock was most likely ether:

you went to faction play and as you have been away for 2 years you did not have any Clan Mechs (they have only been available for about a year and a half), as you are ailed with Clan Wolf you can only use Clan Mechs in faction play, however you can use anything in quick play

you saw the /!\ warning because you had ether:
no weapons,
no engine,
a weapon config which allows ghost heat (added heat for firing more than a certain number of a specific weapon

Upon looking to use gained Comstar Bills to recreate my Mech arsenal, i cant find it now after the many updates since my last log on...its like a totally different game. Where do i buy mechs using Comstar Bills???

go to the store,
Battlemechs
if you are after faction play, and decide not to ask support for help, make sure you buy Clan Mechs

most Mechs are available for Cbills or MC, there are Hero Mechs , and Champion Mechs (upgraded versions of a model available for cbills) which are MC only
also the latest releases start as part of a preorder pack, then 1-3 months after being released become available for MC, then a month later cbills

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 13 December 2015 - 03:32 AM.

#7 Mighty Virtus

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:00 AM

Yea...I discovered how to access my mechs now...unfortunately... The really sucks dude!!!
Well starting fresh I guess!!

#8 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostMighty Virtus, on 13 December 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Yea...I discovered how to access my mechs now...unfortunately... The really sucks dude!!!

ask the support to restore your mechs. Your're not the first (returnee) who got confused by the UI.

#9 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostMighty Virtus, on 13 December 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

View PostLOADED, on 15 December 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

ask the support to restore your mechs. Your're not the first (returnee) who got confused by the UI.

yes, seriously do that, send an email to accounts@mwomercs.com and explain the situation, prehaps even put a link to this thread in the email, there is a good chance they will help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users