Multipliers!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Alicia Price

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:14 AM

Now, i know what your thinking. 'there are already multipliers in the game'. im not talking about those. i am talking about a multiplier for people who get singled out or something of the like. so for example, you are a heavy mech your team has all died but you havnt because you played well but its only a matter of time before they are on you. you get a 'last stand' multiplier that will raise your defense and maybe up damage or laser duration or something. or say your team is spread out because noone wants to listen (this happens a lot) a multiplier where if 5 or more enemies attack you, you take less damage then normal. give lights their own multiplier because lights do scouting but mediums and up are good. assaults should get a separate multiplier that is more specific like if you have 3 or more friendlies near you you get a defense bonus and deal a little more damage or something for being their meat shield. promoting teamplay is good and all BUT you have to remember there are people who dont have the time or dont know what team play entails and there needs to be some kind of buffer for them so they dont just rage quit your game because the enemy team is all from the same unit and they were just pugging. im not saying make solo play a wanted thing im saying make it feesable that one person who DOES get caught with his pants down can pull his pants up and kill a mech or two.

#2 JadeWolf01

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBoise Idaho

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:26 AM

No. This would encourage bad game play. If you get caught by multiple mechs and you cannot escape the situation you should die quickly. This isn't an action flick where you are the hero. If you drop your pants expect to get screwed.

#3 Alicia Price

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

You are misinterpreting me i dont mean add enough of a multiplier that someone could solo kill an enemy team i mean add a multiplier that allows someone who gets caught alone by say for example 5 or 6 enemy light mechs (you know CW light rush) just because he might be a bit faster or slower then the rest of the group so he can survive long enough for teammates to assist OR to maybe kill one. this happens ALL the time and its not the fault of the team or the player its just something that happens when the ENEMY team bum rushes around to one side and assrapes there enemy the main thing is get the multipliers for assault mechs to be encouraged to lead the charge, or heavies to brawl with one or more heavy with them. give group multipliers too so that people WILL work together and make it easily or even explain in the tutorial that working together would give you like a 10% bonus to like defense or something. and the 'last stand' bonus just be a thing that lets you fight a little longer. teams steam rolling teams makes people quit the game MWO IS dying and the only way to make it NOT die is to do something that makes people who DONT understand or dont KNOW teamplay can have FUN. also these bonus' could just pertain to base pub matches that newbies go and play. lets be honest anyone in CW understands that teamwork is key but in pub matches EVERYONE needs a little help so they dont get steamrolled by a **** ton of good players.

#4 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostAlicia Price, on 13 December 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

TL

It IS team fault. Position your mech wise and don't be "Cut off" from your team Posted Image

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users