Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

Great patch - lets try the new Mechs !

#62 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:12 AM

I know a lot of people are super worried about the IIC mechs being over powered, and as such they got zero quirks, but would it have at least made sense to give similar mobility quirks to the Highlander IIC that the IS Highlander has?

#63 Jacknife

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:39 AM

I'm sure it has been flagged, and apologies if someone has mentioned it in this thread too... b-but... is there a reason the Highlander 733P hasn't had it's quirks corrected (to whatever they may be)? Ballistic and Gauss quirks are lovely and all, and greatly appreciated, but the 733P is somewhat lacking in the ballistics department Posted Image

Unless it's just a case of the existing missile and energy/laser quirks are correct as is and wouldn't change if the gauss and ballistic quirks were taken off... In which case no rush... but colour me disappointed....

#64 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 15 December 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

I know a lot of people are super worried about the IIC mechs being over powered, and as such they got zero quirks, but would it have at least made sense to give similar mobility quirks to the Highlander IIC that the IS Highlander has?

It gets the cXL instead, which means more guns, but less armour and mobility (because same anaemic engine cap).

Sorta like a Glass Cannon, but only kinda glass, with lots of cannon
Also only applies to the quirked mechs, not the Jenner. IIC Jenner blows it out of the water.

Edited by Mcgral18, 15 December 2015 - 09:44 AM.

#65 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 15 December 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

It gets the cXL instead, which means more guns, but less armour and mobility (because same anaemic engine cap).

Sorta like a Glass Cannon, but only kinda glass, with lots of cannon
Also only applies to the quirked mechs, not the Jenner. IIC Jenner blows it out of the water.
I'm not too worried about the Clan version being too strong I just think it would make sense to still have the mobility quirks that the IS version has. The IS version still has other quirks that the Clan version wouldn't get to help bridge the gap created in other places. I just think that it makes sense for both to have similar movement capabilities since they are essentially the same mech.

As for the Jenner I don't know. I wasn't talking about it or how it will perform my only concern was with the Highlander IIC and it potentially being gimped by lackluster mobility when compared to its IS counterpart.

#66 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 14 December 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

All looks good.

Btw PGI, I'm sure there'll be some people just dying to apply the stock decals. But I think you'll find, that if you don't give us custom decals in some form, the community will be quite disappointed. Almost every game these days that allows the custom application of decals, has SOME system for allowing players to create their own decals.

Games like armored core V set a good example to follow.

Another one was Chromehounds if anyone remembers or had played it on the 360. Kinda sad the servers were such down after many years. Anyway, their decal customizing system if I recall, let you create using layers, allowing multiple preset decals to be combined and resized. I think you could also color just about any part of it freely.

All I can say is PGi - MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE THE GRAY DEATH LEGION LOGO IN YOUR DECALS. This is a must for me.

#67 LightningStorm

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts
  • Locationİstanbul, Türkiye

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 December 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

• Disabled the ability to modify the r_glow cvar in the user.cfg file.

hey, i just found a solution to fix my fps prob... aaand its gone Posted Image

#68 braveheart95

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:36 AM

Wow the patch is already done!!! Starting download....:)

#69 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

It seems the switch to Steam brought additional benefits. I never saw a maintance/patch done so fast. Excellent download speed as well.

#70 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:43 AM

The decals look really slick. I'm looking forward to having them available.

A little concerned about the Crab being released for C-Bills early. That's nice for everyone who didn't buy one, but those players who paid for early access just had the value of their purchase somewhat curtailed ... and PGI is OK with that?

The 4x4 CW stuff actually looks fun. The other CW updates look promising. I'm cautiously optimistic about those elements. CW's main mode still feels lacking, but perhaps that gets updated as well; we shall see.

#71 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 15 December 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

The decals look really slick. I'm looking forward to having them available.

A little concerned about the Crab being released for C-Bills early. That's nice for everyone who didn't buy one, but those players who paid for early access just had the value of their purchase somewhat curtailed ... and PGI is OK with that?

The 4x4 CW stuff actually looks fun. The other CW updates look promising. I'm cautiously optimistic about those elements. CW's main mode still feels lacking, but perhaps that gets updated as well; we shall see.

There seems to be some confusion at PGI over the crab... Alexander Garden said in this thread that they would both be coming out, while Matt Newman says that only the Wolfie ans Urbie are hitting CBills, and that the crab was a mistake...

I was ready to believe the Crab would drop early, as in years past, there is no patch right after new years.But,perhaps with Steam, they've changed their structure a bit on that one...

#72 Kraytox

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:02 AM

Noticed the highlander LL-C looks like a stormcrow in selection for mech=)

#73 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 December 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

<p>• Disabled the ability to modify the r_glow cvar in the user.cfg file.

Just out of curriosity, what did that setting do?

Edited by ShadowWard, 15 December 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#74 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

Downloading the patch, now, 2 hrs after release. Got 12.7 MB in 20 minutes? Someone said it's quicker than ever. Well... NOT!

Edit: Took the risk of quitting and restarted. DL speed is as usual now. Hope i won't regret it Posted Image .

Edited by zzoxx, 15 December 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#75 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

I cant use chat since the patch...

#76 DocMakarov

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationCentral US

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:34 PM

Too bad the "fix" completely nerfed my ability to text/talk with my teams. Been having a crappy day since the update and patch. I play light mechs exclusively and not being able to relay info to my heavies makes me a liability rather than a tactical asset. I did the full DL and install of the update through Steam and checked the chat options in the settings and I still can't talk to anyone in anyway. I also noticed that the NA servers are brutally slow. Hard to play a game when I'm reset to my previous position every 3-5 seconds.
Steps I've taken:
Allow Steam client to do the download and install of the hot fix
Check all chat options in the settings
Dial down the ambient sounds and graphics to the lowest settings.
Verify Game Cache (I ran out of options and just did whatever I could find)
Still no VOIP or Text; so as a scout, I'm useless.

#77 Railgun05

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCT, USA

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 15 December 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

[/b][/b][/i][/i][/i][/i]

Really? 12x ERLL with quirks to every stat that aimbot 100% CT (except when they headshot you) weren't powerful enough?

I think you should accept that if people are getting spawncamped with these insane dropships, they are completely outclassed and had lost anyway. The only problem CW has ever had with spawncamping was the terrible initial defender spawns on some maps, and that has been fixed by moving the spawns.

All turning the dropships into aimbotting godships does is encourage scrubs to hide under them.

I can not agree with this enough.

There are already groups using this as a specific tactic in the counter attack game type. Get a kill lead, and hide under the drop ships. This is especially prevalent on Emerald Taiga by teams on the defense.

If one team has dominated the game enough to spawn camp in CW with the drop ships as powerful as they were the game was over.

Overpowering the drop ships fixes nothing, and possibly breaks the game in other ways.

IMHO This is a poorly thought out solution in a reaction to others crying that the teamwork of organized groups is overpowered.

#78 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:20 AM

"Code of Conduct and Terms of Use" again???? Why the terms are always called you when something new is created in this game, I know that there may be players who can use these rules to plot other, I hope this time are more stringent in their practices and do not penalize players because the other was crying becauseYou can not win.Posted Image

#79 Ashvins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:25 AM

The color blind reticle is a good first step, but far from what is needed for true color blind support. I myself am not color blind, but I have several friends who are. Most of them are red/green color blind meaning that red's and greens look the same. Now think of how on say forest colony this affects them when trying to play this game. The enemy targeting triangle disappears, the damage indicators disappear, even small lasers disappear.

Give our color blind friends the ability to change the color of H.U.D. elements to something they can see. This is what has been asked for for over 2 years. Create a 3 axis color slider allowing them to change the friendly & enemy H.U.D. colors. If you don't know how to do it Hire someone who does. Steam launch should have given you enough cash to get this small side project done, and it may increase your player base.

#80 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:15 AM

I am sad Urbans are c bill mechs. I thought they were a silly mech that got a players money for a pure fun build. Not good. But pure enjoyment. Sort of a silly escape from serious play. But hey it is your money after all.

On a serious note. Decals have been chatted about frequently here. My idea on this is simple. Charge 100 million cbills or 1 billion cbills for a PGI staff member to review the decal. This could only be done from the group coffers. Be honest and state the idea is to encourage large groups or very active groups. If the image is approved or declined is up to the PGI staff. Thus encourage serious decals. your team gets the decals and others may buy the decal as a fan thing.

Again the decal purchase would be for a PGI staff to review the decal not to implement. If the icon is good but needs work the group could have one chance to fix it or if it is inappropriate then no second review. The big reason for the huge price is to give a reason for coffers and build a common goal for a group.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users