- - - - -

Some Mechs Only Available For Mc?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Elezo

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:17 PM

Why are certain mechs, such as the urban mech and wolfhound, only available for MC? Is there no way to earn these mechs?

Second question, is there a way to view the stats of my last few matches?

Edited by Elezo, 14 December 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

when Mechs are first released they come out as part of a pack, then a few months later they are released for MC, and usually a month later for cbills.

there are also Champion and Hero Mechs, Champions are upgraded versions of normal Mechs with a 30% XP earnings boost, Heroes are unique variants with a 30% cbill earnings boost

If you go to profile, stats and you can see your total stats but you cannot see stats for individual matches unless you stick around till the end, you can only look over past match stats if you screenshot them (pressing print screen will save a screenshots to your user area\saved games\Mechwarrior online\screenshots)

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostElezo, on 14 December 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Why are certain mechs, such as the urban mech and wolfhound, only available for MC? Is there no way to earn these mechs?

As Rogue stated: PGI has a release schedule that helps them pay the bills. Mechs, before going past the "redesign final concept art stage" become announced with a pre-order package deal. This helps supply the capital for the work they are about to do to create the mechs so that the employees get paid.

Later, they get released. First to those who bought pre-order packages (which remain around these days as the cheapest way to collect 'em all).. then are released for purchases a month later to collect a bit more cash, then two weeks to a month after that they become available for too.

Between pre-order and they get a number of tiny balance passes, too, when seen in the live environment. (Before release they also get passes, but it is far from fool proof).

#4 JesterMWO

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFife, Scotland

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:31 PM

It's worth noting that the Hero and Champion variants don't offer any advantages over other mechs (apart from xp and cbill boosts). Just unique paintwork and hardpoints. That gets away from any pay to win issues.

#5 Elezo

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

Thanks for all of the information, makes sense. I'm glad to hear that pay to win isn't an issue here. Another thing I am wondering about is the difference between the Posted Image air strikes and the Posted Image air strikes.

#6 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:30 PM

View PostElezo, on 14 December 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

Thanks for all of the information, makes sense. I'm glad to hear that pay to win isn't an issue here. Another thing I am wondering about is the difference between the Posted Image air strikes and the Posted Image air strikes.

Priority airstrikes arrive 1 second faster than the C-Bill variants.

#7 BeaverOnFire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:52 PM

View PostArcturusWolf, on 14 December 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

Priority airstrikes arrive 1 second faster than the C-Bill variants.

The important part is that you can uüpgrade your Cbill airstrike via the skill tree. After that both, the mc and the cbill variant, are basically the same.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostElezo, on 14 December 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

airstrikes provide a quicker 'press to strike' time that the one can match once some General XP has been allocated into doing so.
GXP can also make either form of strike have a tighter area of impact by way of a module that can't be bought with , however it becomes a tactical choice to include the module or to use another module for something like extending a specific type of weapon's range beyond specs, or another module that would make it easier to climb hills with less speed lost or one that allows you to maintain a target reticule even when the enemy is behind you.

#9 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,899 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

I've personally never found the Accuracy module to be worthwhile compared to alternatives like Radar Deprivation and Seismic Sensor. However, most modules are very expensive in c-bill cost, so I would recommend working on getting enough mechs to satisfy your desire for play variety before working on them - and of course, buy the critical ones first.

#10 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:31 PM

Once you unlock the upgrades.... Not the modules, the airstrike, and art strike are the same..

the spot MC strikes are better, is you save your in game c-bills.. so for every 15MC spent, you save 40k.. for some it works out better in the long run

#11 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:51 PM

Urbanmech and Wolfhound are available for CBills tomorrow, in the patch (http://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes). As was explained by a previous post, they release most packages first for preorder, then MC later, then CBills.

You can view your Stats by clicking on the Statistics button in-game from the Home screen. It will bring up a webpage. Just log in and view your stats. You can see how you did on every map, as well as every mech. It even tracks your hit % by weapon.

#12 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:54 PM

The Locust Hero is the only Locust with ECM which is pretty P2W, imo.

#13 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:02 AM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 14 December 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

but it is a Locust, it goes down to a single AC20 hit, that means it is most certainly not P2W

#14 BeaverOnFire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:38 AM

View Postk05h3lk1n, on 14 December 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

Did i miss the new ECM Locust meta? I bought this mech in a 50% sale and let me tell you, i still prefer the 1E-version (is it 1E? The one that can carry 5ML.). Your survivability in a locust depends on your mobility and not on ECM. Trust me.

Edited by BeaverOnFire, 15 December 2015 - 01:39 AM.

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:29 AM

Before Locust Hero, closest thing to pay to win was Cicada X-5 and Pretty Baby, but X-5 is the only mech to exist that does NOT have an AMS slot.
The Pretty Baby's "bad brakes" unintentionally enabled it to climb surfaces that even lights couldn't climb, provided a fast enough engine. That to my depression was fixed, so no more "Surprise, boot-seckz" drops from the sky on Tourmaline after climbing to the tops of those pillars.

Clearly neither were 'enough' to create a big "I win" meta.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users