• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 December 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

because...hot and boring?

Mostly the boring part, i assume? (Because 2 ERPPCs aren't very heat neutral either)

#42 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 15 December 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

Seems a bit Min/Max for you Bishop. You should have 1 ERPPC in EACH torso. Posted Image

HBKs look best with a single hump... they should be Dromedary, not Bactrian. Posted Image

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 15 December 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Mostly the boring part, i assume? (Because 2 ERPPCs aren't very heat neutral either)

yeah but with 6 ersl to boot? ouch

#43 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 December 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

because...hot and boring?

Well, even just 2 ERPPC all by themselves are spicy hawt...

The ERSL's are there to give you a not-hot option when people get in yo face, which is when you can't escape to cover to cool down. Obviously, using both groups simultaneously will give you a bad time...

On a mech with purely energy hardpoints, having a build that isn't "boring" is probably unlikely. :\

Edited by FupDup, 15 December 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#44 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 December 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

C-ERSLasers?

View PostFupDup, on 15 December 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

The ERSL's are there to give you a not-hot option when people get in yo face, which is when you can't escape to cover to cool down. Obviously, using both groups simultaneously will give you a bad time...

On a mech with purely energy hardpoints, having a build that isn't "boring" is probably unlikely. :\

Posted Image Ninja'd!

#45 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 15 December 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

I hate that I can't put three UAC20 on my Hunchback IIC...

I guess only two will have to suffice Posted Image

Ever try to double tap 2 uac20 on a warhawk. Go for the uac10s and lasers/bigger engine. But yeah I will try the 2 20s too.

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostFupDup, on 15 December 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

Well, even just 2 ERPPC all by themselves are spicy hawt...

never really need em on my Nova.

#47 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:36 PM

I hate that I'll have to buy a bunch of Clan XL engines for my Jenners. The XL315 is too big.

#48 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:45 PM

my only "hate"? Because I didn't early adopt (literally was gifted these guys) no arm lasers....so not used to that...makes tracking Lights a little different, have to rethink my usual tactics and approaches.

#49 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

I don't know yet, but I am very creative in Mechlab.

The omnimechs didn't really seem like omnimechs compared to standard battlemechs which could change everything as if they were omnimechs.

Critical point, an omni hardpoint is just that. It can take any weapon, Laser, Missile, UAC20, doesn't matter if you have the critical spaces for the item. Of course hardpoints are what PGI has to sell on a mech, so omni hard-points are not omni. Somehow that restriction should have translated into no fixed equipment restriction since you can't call "canon" on one and then blow off the other completely. Some give and take should have been forthcoming.

Almost done patching, prepare to for a challenge free-births!

#50 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 December 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

my only "hate"? Because I didn't early adopt (literally was gifted these guys) no arm lasers....so not used to that...makes tracking Lights a little different, have to rethink my usual tactics and approaches.

Yeah, the only early adopter I get is the Jenner IIC, and I'm not much of a light pilot. Sure, I have my moments, but the rest of the time I'm being faceplanted into a pile of my own smoldering wreckage. It's not pretty.

#51 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

Just theorycrafting at the moment for me, but the primaries all look good plus the Jenner IIC-A and Hunchback IIC-A as well.

The Orion and Highlander can both carry 3 x LPL, CUAC/10, 3 x SRM-6 (or SSRM-6 on the Highlander). That doesn't suck.

#52 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:50 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 15 December 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Just theorycrafting at the moment for me, but the primaries all look good plus the Jenner IIC-A and Hunchback IIC-A as well.

The Orion and Highlander can both carry 3 x LPL, CUAC/10, 3 x SRM-6 (or SSRM-6 on the Highlander). That doesn't suck.

You got GH on 3lpl for clan. May be able to get by with added HS or a macro. It is like 2lpl and an ERPPC.

#53 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 15 December 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

Especially the Jenner. I mean, why would you take away the most unique thing about the mech - its humanoid legs on a non-humanoid body- and give it generic chicken legs?!

Damn Clanners!

C'mon, Scro.

All yellow Jenner llc looks like a chocobo.

#54 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 December 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

HBKs look best with a single hump... they should be Dromedary, not Bactrian. Posted Image

+1 for knowing your camels. I work at a zoo, I can appreciate.

#55 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:39 PM

I hate teams that run 7 or 8 Hunchbacks or Jenners. Ruining the queue times and match qualities.

#56 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

So far, it's more love than hate, but... at least the Jenner and Hunchback are game-changers. Part of me wants to raise the Jenner IIC up on a pedestal because... hey, it's missile light that's good! Without quirks! But... Yeowch, power creep. Same thing with the HBKs. I like that they're different and not just "this, but with Clantech"- but they're a little too good.

I've been trying a HBK-IIC-A with 2xCERLL + 6xCSPL... it's a sniper and a brawler, and it doesn't make any real sacrifices for either. I can run the CSPL, have a sustainable 36-point alpha, and kick *** at close range... and I can also poke halfway across the map for 22 points. I mean, sure, it's hotter than the surface of the sun if I alpha, but I don't need to because either set of weapons on its own matches what I could do with an IS chassis with similar characteristics. The IIC-B I'm running with 4xA-CSRM6 and 2XMPL, which is about the same firepower I'd cram into an IS 55-tonner... it runs a bit hotter, but who cares? It's a lethal little monster.

2xCUAC20 is deliciously impractical, of course. I had to swap them out for CUAC10s for the time being because double-tapping the 20's was a one way ticket to shutdown-land (hoping to change back when I get it elited). Even so... tap one, tap the other, tap the first again before cooldown, tap the second again, repeat... it's a chainsaw, limited only by RNG jam mechanics, cool-running, with enough ammo to last the whole match, with backup weapons besides. I still want the dual UAC20s back because it's iconic and troll-icious, but damn that's a powerful 50-tonner and I don't even have the best variant!

They're fun, but... oh boy. Trouble on the horizon.

#57 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 15 December 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

+1 for knowing your camels. I work at a zoo, I can appreciate.

tyvm.

#58 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 336 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

Love: hard-points
Hate: Squishy

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users