12 replies to this topic

#1 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:43 PM

So this weapon has been nerfed again and now has some of the worst DPS for a ballistic and still has a charge time on top of it.

Can you stop catering to the whining players who cannot use weapons that take any kind of skill to use (not that accounting for charge up time and leading shots is really that hard) but lets face it did this weapon need another nerf?

Good grief

#2 Vegalas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAt the screen. On my seat too.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

It think it might be a result of a panic attack after Steam launch. I have read that clan ml's have also been nerfed. What was there to nerf about it anyways? It was already a mediocre weapon because of the charge up mechanic and low hp. That thing blew up in an instant.

#3 Deathlord1998

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

It's from my point of view now not worthy enough. Come on, 5 sec cooldown? What's wrong with you?!
I don't even know, why it was nerfed. I was shot down mostly from other weapons.

#4 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:21 AM

Their argument was that it was one of the better brawling weapons. Ok? Considering it has a charge up time and a good chance to blow up when crit id say that 1) it takes more skill to use than other brawling weapons and 2) already resulted in more risk.

Frankly in close quarters id rather an ac20 or ac10 anyways.

PGI doing its usual thing.

#5 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:57 AM

They really said it was used as a brawling weapon? Wtf? Gauss.. brawling weapon. Yes. It can be used AS a brawling weapon because of the whole reality of it...if you got nothing else to shoot at your enemy sub 300m what are you gonna do?? Hang on mate...i have a gauss...cant brawl ya..cos ya know...you need to be at 550-700m away from me so i can use my qeapon of choice.....
If pgi really did say gauss was a brawling weapon....well crap...GG PGI...GG.

#6 Azzgaroth

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:01 AM

PGI nerfed ppc projectile velocity long time ago because they want it as medium range weapon.... GG PGI...

#7 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:10 AM

I think the argument in favour of the gauss adjustment was not 'it's a brawling weapon' but 'it's not much of a disadvantage at brawling range.

The gauss was a good sniper weapon, and still is. The issue they were trying to correct is that at close range, it wasn't really any less good. Sure, the charge mechanic requires some adjustment, but if you're alpha-twist-alpha patterning in a brawl, and you've figured out the basics of the charge mechanic, it's not exactly hard work to start charging the gauss while facing away and release the trigger when you twist back to target.

#8 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:31 AM

I think the changes were good, it is a little long of a wait to refire but it was needed.

#9 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:54 AM

There is a reason you don't assault close quarters with sniper rifle. Gauss is not AC/15. I am ok with changes (yes, i still play my gauss HGN-732, and i like it as much as in first day it was released).
Only thing i want about it - visual indicator when it is charged for shot. Sound indicator is often lost in noise of battle.

#10 Dugra Dugrasson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 139 posts
  • LocationKris Kringle's Resistance Bunker

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:09 AM

Charge shot is appropriate to gimp brawling ability. Long recycle time is just CnU punishment.

#11 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:46 PM

It's ruined. Barely usable. People are switching over to lasers. VERY sad day in MWO.

You could brawl with it, but most of the time you had one of them shot off, blowing up in your face and trashing your mech. You can also brawl with Clan LRMS. Doesn't make it a good or even practical situation. Most of the time it's forced on you.

No one fears it across open ground anymore. THAT is a problem. You can close with and destroy Gauss mechs like it's in fashion...which it is.

Edited by xMADCATTERx, 16 December 2015 - 02:50 PM.

#12 Octopot

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

Oh that's what happen...sigh...I was los on someone and I swear I fired at him and got off at least 5 shots, yet barely a dent on their armor (stayed yellow) I expected the shoulders to have been blown off already lol.

#13 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:17 AM

I think the aim is to turn at least the IS Gauss into a sniping weapon only. I didn't mind the charge up time but it DPS is so poor you can only snipe with it and it is a liability in brawling since it is crited so easily. I would prefer that it only blow up when being charged or that the charge lasts longer and then if hit it then explodes. The Clan Gauss still feels like it could do the short range brawling at least in the DireWolf champion I tried

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users